Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 03:31:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Arrested for driving while blind 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arrested for driving while blind  (Read 919 times)
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

on: September 05, 2006, 08:51:13 PM

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 12:00:34 AM

They wouldn't actually give him jail time, would they?  Maybe I'm going soft, but I'd give him a slap on the wrist and throw the charges right out the window.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 06:24:36 AM

A librarian here is a total wreck. He's about halfway through total systemic failure...yet he insist on working. Has to, because of how he set up his finances, the dumbass hasn't apparently planned for this inevitable physical deterioration.

Anyway. A couple years ago he had eye surgery that left him temporarily without vision in one eye. He drives about 45 minutes to an hour each way to work. One eye, ok, bad depth perception, but he can see out of the other, ostensibly, though he needs surgery in both eyes. The next week, while he still had vision impairment in the recently surgerized eye, he has surgery on the other eye. And comes into work the next day.

One of my key danger signals when driving, right after handicapped tags (which apparently covers mental handicaps) are those black wraparound sunglasses. You see them, pull the fuck over and let the danger move on down the line. I brought it back to a ZZ Top song, kinda. Go get yourself some cheap old impaired vision sunglasses.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 04:09:35 PM

Heh, made me think of Al Pacino.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Arrested for driving while blind  
Jump to: