Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:04:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Logistics and Cash flow in 0.0 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Logistics and Cash flow in 0.0  (Read 5002 times)
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

on: August 05, 2006, 12:29:51 AM

I'm hoping to get some vet knowledge on this topic because F13's alliance (V) has recently raised the fees to 15 mil a head.  At 35 members that's about 525 million a month.  We are pretty casual, we don't want to start forcing people to mine or whatever and 15 mil can be a lot to those trying to save up for a BS or are unable to play to various reasons.
Some of the people in V have reccomended Moon Mining.  Again, that requires Capital, time, and a lot of upkeep.
We could build ships but that requires time.
We could try anoter alliance but this could happen to us again in the future.

What do you guys think?
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 01:53:28 AM

Complex running?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 04:28:54 AM

Mining tax?  Drop 10% of your ore/mins into the corp hanger.  Has to work on trust if you don't have your own station but you guys sound like quite a close nit bunch so that shouldn't be a problem.  Adds up extremely quickly if you have hardcore miners in the group.

If you have access to a 10/10 complex, one run on that will pay for a month + change.  Just need one guy in an AF that understands transversal to tank and a bunch of BSes for DPS.  Maybe you could tag along with another group not taking a cut or whatever just to see how it's done.

A few hours in a commie mining op should pay your way easily, but then that's probably the worst way to do it.

15 mil a head is quite a lot, I think -LV- charge something like 5 mil.  Although that might be for larger corps only.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 06:13:45 AM

15 mil a head is quite a lot,

Yes.  Yes it is.  I can do this, being one of the harcore miners you mention, however I need to actually play.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 08:28:03 AM

I think -V- is only letting special people run the 10/10 complex.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 09:15:46 AM

Yep.. they're only letting Red Alliance run it.  :-D

At least until they decided to get off their ass about it last week.   rolleyes

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 05, 2006, 09:16:36 AM

I think -V- is only letting special people run the 10/10 complex.

...and they are all members of RA  Rimshot .

edit: Bah, you beat me to it, Merusk.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 11:30:27 AM by Vedi »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 10:50:03 AM

Yep.. they're only letting Red Alliance run it.  :-D

Da!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Leon
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 01:07:07 PM

How are your battleship pilots like?

In 0.0, in a closed off system (ie alliance-owned space), with a battleship or maybe with some people helping you out, making a 100mil is very very easy. Just as an idea, I was making about 60-120mil a day in Stain during BL-IN's 2-week R&R period.

With a battleship with the right tank, a single person can make about 15mil easily in a few hours in a single day.

We had a 'battleship program', where we'd rat in groups of 3-5, and collect all the rat loot, then reprocess all of it to build BSes for people that didnt have one.

If you dont have a BS, you can easily work in a group of 3 AFs, or 1 AF 2 cruisers, so long as the frigate orbits and keeps the battleship aggro, the cruisers will be free to pound them.

Good luck :)

gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 01:12:30 PM

We're getting there leon.  Then we'll find you.  And your little puppy dog too  tongue
edlavallee
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 01:26:46 PM

I was making about 60-120mil a day in Stain during BL-IN's 2-week R&R period.

What kinda time-frame you talking about here? How much per hour?

With a steady stream of Angel BS's to whack, I think I could pull off that 10-15M in a few hours and be entertained for about that long looking in each can to see if I'd won the mod-lotto. More than a few hours and it becomes grindy for the almighty ISK and I might as well drive to the office.

As for how I am like as a BS pilot... I like warm sand, long walks and non-pretentious movies with explosions and boobies.

Zipper Zee - space noob
Leon
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 01:51:33 PM

about 6-8 hours. If I felt lazy, I'd be doing about 60-80mil from spending time in the station chatting, or if people were on TS and I had music playing in the background, I'd be making 100-120mil within those 6-8 hours.

I'm primarily a Crow pilot, and so my Raven was a full T1 barebones setup. I'd imagine a full T2 raven with BS-focused skills would be racking up about 130-150mil in Stain.

Above, assuming the spawns are half decent. Excellent spawns would net a lot more, while crappy cruiser/BC spawns would give WAY less.

Also the above is taking into account that I am chaining the belts in a system with 10+ belts.

Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 02:24:05 PM

Crappy spawns lead to crap money real quick. Me and Cad made 15 million between the two of us in 90 minutes and that wasn't counting loot. 1 BS and 1 BC and crappy spawns.
Strazos

Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 04:15:55 PM

I don't think many people here, if any, rat for 6-8 hours a day. Maybe a week.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 04:17:25 PM

If that.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 09:12:55 AM

I don't rat at all.  I roid.  Or something.

Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 10:20:40 AM

Honestly I'd look into finding a better alliance, you guys are getting raped.  Be discreet about it though.  If that's unacceptable then there's always the commie op.  If even a quarter of you turn up you'd have it in good time.  With my two accounts I can make 60 mil an hour on crokite (very conservative estimate) and I think you guys have got better ores than that.  Do you have access to someone who could carrier jump your stuff to empire or cov ops pilots to smuggle?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #17 on: August 09, 2006, 10:49:35 AM

F13 is not discrete.

edlavallee
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 11:45:39 AM

I am going to start training cov ops soon as I get my new missle skills up to snuff.

Zipper Zee - space noob
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #19 on: August 09, 2006, 11:54:39 AM

I have covops trained up to the point to fly a covops with a covops cloak.

What I don't have is the ridiculous amount of money to buy and outfit one. A Covops cloak is what, 60 mil? On top of the 50m ship?
edlavallee
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 09, 2006, 12:09:35 PM

Gonna take me nearly a month to get the skills completed and by that time I should have the necessary funds... I just need a goal because I tend to get bored easily when I am aimless.

Zipper Zee - space noob
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #21 on: August 09, 2006, 12:23:37 PM

Funds are hard when my eve time appears in 10-15 minute blocks.
edlavallee
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: August 09, 2006, 12:33:15 PM

Funds are hard when my eve time appears in 10-15 minute blocks.

Tru dat!

Zipper Zee - space noob
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 09, 2006, 02:38:34 PM

You just need to stay up later. Or something.

- Viin
Leon
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: August 09, 2006, 05:04:44 PM

I have covops trained up to the point to fly a covops with a covops cloak.

What I don't have is the ridiculous amount of money to buy and outfit one. A Covops cloak is what, 60 mil? On top of the 50m ship?

Most covert ops ships cost under 12 mil. I believe I bought my Buzzard from NAGA ( www.nagamazon.com) for 8mil'ish when it was still cheap. It may have gone up by a few mil. The cov-ops cloak however, is heavily controlled by alliances, I know ASCN have one and they sell it to their alliance people for something like 6mil. I tried getting a hold of one but the guy never got back to me =/  But yea, covert ops cloaks cost about 40-50mil+ these days since Recon Ships came out.

dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: August 13, 2006, 09:47:43 PM

I saw some ammo and gun T2 BPOs on sale for a couple billion apiece. Is the profit on those items so good that they're worth that kind of isk, or is the sale meant for some alliance to snap up and secure a supply?
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: August 13, 2006, 10:09:41 PM

I saw some ammo and gun T2 BPOs on sale for a couple billion apiece. Is the profit on those items so good that they're worth that kind of isk, or is the sale meant for some alliance to snap up and secure a supply?

1) T2 BPOs are very rare, and at the moment, no longer being created: there are a fixed amount in the universe.
2) T2 products are always in demand, but have a limited supply.

Also, look at it this way.  If you were to do nothing but sell BPCs, how long would it take to recoup the cost of a BPO?

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 14, 2006, 02:23:10 AM

With my battleship in 0.0, I forsee making 5 to 10million an hour, ratting. Thats with a can in system because I run out ammo and loot space. Without the Can, probably around 3-7mil an hour.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #28 on: August 14, 2006, 04:30:50 AM

There's almost no T2 BPCs because you actually lose money on it since it takes such a long time
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: August 14, 2006, 11:27:46 AM

Buying BPOs is a bad idea with Invention right around the corner. I assume the bottom will drop out of the T2 market. Which is probably why the things are showing up on escrow.
Strazos

Reply #30 on: August 14, 2006, 12:27:58 PM

Speaking of Cans...any chance we could have someone drop bigass cans in some systems? I would pay someone to drop cans for me.

Fear the Backstab!
edlavallee
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: August 14, 2006, 01:27:26 PM

Strazos would like to see some bigass cans and will pay for the priviledge...

Zipper Zee - space noob
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #32 on: August 14, 2006, 02:13:49 PM

You can so close to getting a NSFW link.

Tragny
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: August 14, 2006, 02:25:23 PM

Yegolev, you're such a tease. Give the man cans.

"Masturbation is a more rewarding pursuit." -- Evangolis
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #34 on: August 15, 2006, 07:34:54 AM

You can so close

Har har, unintentional comedy.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Logistics and Cash flow in 0.0  
Jump to: