Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:28:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Guitar Hero 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guitar Hero 2  (Read 4344 times)
schild
Administrator

on: April 17, 2006, 12:39:42 PM

For Those About to Rock With Guitar Hero II, We Salute You! RedOctane Announces Fall US Tour Date
Sequel to Award-Winning Music Videogame to Be Unveiled at E3; Choose Your Weapon – Rhythm, Lead or Bass Guitar

- April 17, 2006 - Sunnyvale, CA

Get ready for a rock encore! RedOctane® announced today that Johnny Napalm and friends will begin touring the US again this Fall in the new videogame “Guitar Hero II™”. Picking up where Guitar Hero™ left off, Guitar Hero II arrives with a new track list, new venues and additional play modes – including the ability to transform the original Gibson SG Guitar Hero Controller into a rhythm, lead or bass guitar.

“Guitar Hero has proved phenomenally successful! Guitar Hero veterans will be able to plug in their Gibson SG Guitar Hero Controllers and rock GH II straight out of the box,” said Kelly Sumner, CEO of RedOctane. “We will really push the envelope with Guitar Hero II. Despite the fact there are many months until release, we’re already implementing exciting features and innovations. This fall we’re going to rock everyone’s world all over again.”

The top-secret sequel song list remains firmly in the rock domain, pulling from a mix of classic rock, ‘hair’ metal, heavy metal, modern rock, and alternative titles. More than 55 songs will be featured in the next installment.

Veteran music videogame developer Harmonix® Music Systems has been busy in-studio, enriching this rockstar experience with more features and multiplayer modes. In addition to the traditional head-to-head competition, Multiplayer Co-op Mode allows players to collaborate in order to beat songs, with each guitarist playing a separate guitar track. Available guitar tracks include lead, rhythm or bass tracks, depending upon the song. The Guitar Hero SG Controller used in the first installment will also be compatible with the new game.

Guitar Hero II is the follow-up to 2005’s award-winning release, “Guitar Hero,” which rocked the game industry and garnered a stack of awards including: “Best Offline Multiplayer Game 2005” and “Music Game of the Year 2005” from IGN.com, and “Best Soundtrack 2005” at the Spike TV Videogames Awards. Recently, it picked up five awards at the D.I.C.E. Summit's Interactive Achievement Awards including Outstanding Innovation in Gaming and Family Game of the Year.

RedOctane has confirmed an early glimpse of the upcoming game will be available during the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles next month.

The game that has inspired a nation of wannabe rock stars to achieve video game greatness is scheduled for a new US tour on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system in November 2006.

<liljon>HEYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!</liljon>
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 08:31:37 AM

The comment about the original Gibson SG Controller being compatible leads me to believe a new controller is coming out. I guess I'll wait to buy a second one then.
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 10:08:14 AM

I don't see how they could really improve on the Gibson for this. The idea of bass and rhythm being part of the game is kind of cool, but takes away from the whole Guitar Hero aspect of the game.

So if you beat the game on rhythm mode, would that make you Lord of session guitarists?

Or for Bass, Bass master ? ;)

I'll still pick it up on release.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 12:33:31 PM

I think they're adding those extra modes more for the multiplayer. The multiplayer in GH1 was good, but it just wasn't fun both of you having to pause because you couldn't play over each other. With 2 new extra modes you can play over each other and hear who's messing up.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 12:33:56 PM

I hope they make a full sized one this time.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 10:06:59 PM

It's just like all those other games where you push buttons in vague sync to music, but HOLY FUCK MAN THE CONTROLLER IS A GUITAR AWESOME

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 10:09:44 PM

Actually, at the highest level it's like playing the song - more so than any other rhythm game out there.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 10:49:07 PM

I got to play it today and I disagree. It is certainly more like playing the actual song compared to dancing on a mat I guess.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #8 on: April 23, 2006, 05:22:40 AM

Young guy at work was playing it in the lounge at work on Fri.  Surrounded.  Awesome spectacle.  People  Heart this game.  All it really needs is a flanger (foot pedal) to stomp on and maybe an optional (read $$) tremolo bar for the advanced.  Jason Booth must be smiling in his sleep.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 10:10:42 PM

Nekro!

At the Assembly06 indie game competition (linky), there's an outing called Frets of Fire. It's basically a Guitar Hero clone for Windows and Linux. Comes with only 3 tracks in the box, but it naturally has a song editor added in.

Toss in a Lik-Sang adapter and you might be able to tide yourself over until GH2.

Me, I suck horribly at it. I can barely break 20,000 points on easy mode. undecided
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 07:48:12 AM

Actually, at the highest level it's like playing the song - more so than any other rhythm game out there.
Heh. At least you tacked on that qualifier.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Guitar Hero 2  
Jump to: