Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:32:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Looking for Guild 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for Guild  (Read 2617 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

on: July 12, 2006, 10:37:25 AM

So, my raiding guild recently crumbled. As they say "Progress or Die" when in a raiding guild. We had a few off nights, and a few of the older members quit, and then we had a few more off nights, and then a few more people got disgruntled and didnt log in for a while. So then we had attendance issues, so then more people got pissed. Then a few more quit. And the a bunch of the core guys decided to transfer servers. You can guess the rest. It was a cascade of /gquit as people fled the sinking ship, to be the first to app to a different end game guild. Gah.

Anyway, there is a decent amount of us that are now looking to possibly transfer. Maybe 1-3 of every class. The majority geared in BWL/AQ40 gear. Does anyone know a good server, or have a guild that is doing end game raiding that might want to absorb us. Im just trying to figure out my options.

Thanks guys.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 10:43:00 AM

I'd say come on in, but icecrown's not on the server transfer list, being full :(
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 11:01:06 AM

You're Horde, right Morph?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 11:02:30 AM

hah, that's exactly what happened to my guild. Exams and graduation killed us. Anyway I'm afraid i can't offer you too much advice here; Darkspear is kind of a shithole of a server - we have 3 Horde guilds killing Nef and 1 of them just fell apart.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 11:11:24 AM

Almost every single high end guild on my server seems to have gone through those same problems.  Half of them ended up crumbling, the rest survived due to the members they picked up from the ones that died.  We went from attempting nef one week to not killing chrom for a month straight ending in a guild disband, luckily we reformed and everyone came back and everything seems to be ok for now.

I am the .00000001428%
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 01:08:10 PM

You're Horde, right Morph?

Yeah. Undead Rogue, full tier 2, 2 BWL weapons. Every slot filled with epic.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 01:11:56 PM

Again, WoW induced drama and misery gives me the itch to resubscribe.  Gah.

Best of luck Morph, I jumped off my guild a few months or so ago when I noticed us going into an unrecoverable death spiral. My only advice, stay away from Shadowsong. 

-Rasix
Driakos
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 08:30:55 PM

It must be in the air.  My guild just shattered today on Hellscream.  Instead of kicking two combative officers, the rest of the officers decided to make their own guild.  Somehow, since I was the *neutral* offcer trying to get both sides to reconcile, each side thinks I'm sided with the other.  I was blindsided today, but not sided.   Now there are two smaller guilds incapable of doing anything.  I'm sure over the next few days folks will trickle all over the place until the dust settles.

Just fucking shut-up and play!  You don't have to like everyone on the team, just do your job and shut-up.  Ego kills.

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer
Zane0
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 08:59:23 PM

Some of my server's long-established guilds have been having trouble with content, and are crumbling / reshuffling their rosters.  Mine, fortunately, stands to benefit by being solid as a rock while picking up the best of their talent.  Horde-side is so bereft of decency that some of the best Horde players have given up and re-rolled alliance to join our guild.

I'd be feeling great if I weren't always frightened of irony eventually rearing its ugly head.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 07:02:27 AM

I don't really think it's coincidence.

We're in the summer months, so you have exams and people <gasp> wanting to do things outside and/or getting bored with the game after playing it for a year.

You also have a steadily increasing in difficulty raid game, so no matter where you happen to be, MC, BWL, AQ, Naxx, it only gets progressively tighter on tolerances and harsher on fuckups, even if you read the exact strategies. This adds to general frustration, increasing guild tensions and a general willingness to quit the game.

Add to that the fact that the game is no longer the new shiny and that you aren't getting the influx of new 60s to populate the raiding ranks like you used to. Your only source of new talent are lesser guilds that are breaking up, and those people often come with their own drama. Even if they're perfect, you have to train them on the content, which takes time and slows your general progression down even farther.

You can see it on all the servers; there's a lot of dissolution right now, one of my server's major guilds disintegrated and my guild was having trouble making our raiding 40 until just recently. I think it's only going to get worse for the next two months and then a little better in september when the weather gets cold.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #10 on: July 15, 2006, 07:30:28 AM

I've been seeing a lot of PUG raids hosted by the various uber guilds on our server. Maybe another symptom of the same phenom.

Witty banter not included.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11 on: July 15, 2006, 09:16:02 AM

Depends on how they're "hosting" them.

The Alliance Uberguild on Alleria is "hosting" several MC/ BWL/ AQ40 pickup raids for a 'nominal' reservation fee of 200g.  If you don't 'screw up' (Very loosly defined there) that 200g will be refuned.  However, if you want to loot anything, it's a minimum 400g per MC item and 500g for BWL/ AQ items. 

They've had a lot of interest in this from folks who desire to be uber, but don't want to actually join a guild.  The uberguild is using the gold to fund their repairs from NAXX,  since a tank can easily hit a 100g/ night repair bill while they're learning the instance. 

Now you might say "Gold isn't a problem, it's as simple as www.ige.com."  However, in doing so you have to spend money, AND run the risk of being caught and banned.  However, if you let OTHER people buy the gold, they get caught and banned and are out the account, time and RL cash.  Meanwhile you've gotten gold for doing runs you'd normally do anyway.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Looking for Guild  
Jump to: