Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:37:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Levels and playtimes? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Levels and playtimes?  (Read 4530 times)
CmdrSlack
Contributor

on: June 21, 2004, 10:49:58 AM

Since I can only play later at night once my studying is done, I'm often unable to play or finding that everyone on has outlevelled me to the point that I can't really group with them.

So, just wondering about levels and playtimes during the week.  If I can play first, then study into the late night, that would be great if it means I can advance Seismic.  Otherwise, I may have to shelve my controller for more readily soloable classes.

Also, who is still playing that can invite alts to the SG?  I have two that I'd like added if there's still room.  In the alternative, would those with alts not in teh SG who can't seem to get added prefer to add their alts to a new SG?  I could form one tonight when I get home.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 11:02:53 AM

Send me an in-game email (Whipcrack) and when I'm on, I can still invite alts. Whip is currently 19th, and I have a controller alt that is 6th that isn't even in the SG yet.

Xilren's Twin and Naihatsu can also invite.

Xilren's Twin

Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 11:47:51 AM

Yeah, I'm now on most weeknights 10.30pm - 12ish EST, and I'm thiiis close to lvl 23 with my main defender.  Can't wait to drop 2 more SO damage enhancers in my sniper blast.  Weekend tend to be more hit and miss depending on whats happening. For the early risers, I'm also on pretty conisistently 6.30a-7.30a weekdays (now that school is out and wife & kids are sleeping in it's "villians for breakfast".

Give me a tell or shoot me an email and I can invite.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Aslan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 12:18:45 PM

Finally hit 30 last night, thank God.  Took a bit of a sabbatical as the grind was wearing on me.  Mr. Corp recently promoted me so I can assist in adding alts to the SG.  Just look up Aslan online, and I'd be glad to help...
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 01:09:41 PM

I play a few weeknights from around 6 pm EST to 10, 11 pm at the latest since I have to get up at 5 am to head to work. Main is 14 Controller (Quidam) and alt is an 8 Elec/Elec Blaster (Citizen Zero) who needs added to the SG as well.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 01:13:36 PM

Don't forget the morlocks group, either. It's small but there's usually one or two people on. Friend a couple of our mains and we can do multi-sg groups if we need a few extra folks.

I've not played much lately thanks to Thief3 and real life (trying to get reintegrated into the music scene). Right now I'm doing vocal practice in the 2 hours I had reserved for CoH every evening.

My 'main' Cosmic Anomaly, is 18th iirc, and I have a couple alts at 10th level.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 08:47:09 PM

Hmmm, playtime can be a bit odd for me.  I am usually on in the early hours of the morning (talking around 1-6 AM EST) on weekdays, and any day i have off i could be on nearly any time from 1-10 AM (should I not feel the urge to sleep) or from around 3-12 PM (If I came home from work and crashed)  I also tend to work a fair number of weekends so I cant really be counted on to keep normal weekend hours like most people.

As for Characters:

I currently have Naihatsu, who is stalled at level 28 (nearly 29) Due to being stuck with two Broken Missions (Ublemann The Unknown, and An Unnatural Order) which I REALLY want to finish for the souveniers.   I have mainly put her in stasis because I am afraid of out leveling those contacts, but I may start playing again into the early 30's as I have heard roumors that these contacts dont die on you untill around 34.  Of course, since both arcs were fixed on Test, hopefully once the update goes live, I can resume  nuking things with wild abandon.

I have also been playing along with a Grav/Kenetics controller alt, Auntie Gravety, who is currently level 12, but the struggle between trying to do enough missions from my Contacts to get Souviners, and the horribly slow progress when playing solo is really killing me (I dont mind the slow leveling, it is the insane length of time it takes to solo a mission with such a tiny amount of damage output).  You practically HAVE to group with at least one other person to even have a remote chance at going through missions at any decent speed, but then the exp comes in fast enough that you risk outleveling at least a few of your contacts before you get all the Souviners.

Been seriously tempted to try a Tank or Scrapper alt, but there are so many templates and stuf to choose from, it kind of makes the brain go numb......

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 12:45:35 AM

Bloodfire is at 29.5 right now.  Grinding my way to 30 fighting broken freaks in Terra Volta is the suck.  Far faster than anything else, but it still sucks.  I'm working late 5 days of the week over the summer, so I mainly play 9-12pm PST, starting a bit earlier on my days off (Thurs and Fri).

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 07:39:24 AM

Question on Bloodfire there:  You are a tanker, right.  A fire Primary Tanker to boot.  Any reason why you arent in Dark Astoria Speed leveling off the hordes of zombies that burn like charcoal there?  Sure, the Broken TV freaks are risk free, but I would have thought that DA would be faster exp for nearly as little risk.

Fargull
Contributor

Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 08:40:03 AM

Bigger mob congregation in TV than in DA, at least in my experience.  Besides, the Freaks are not as stun inducing as the bloody shamen in DA.

Course.. I just keep out of range.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #10 on: June 26, 2004, 03:22:27 AM

First I'm Invuln/Fire, not Fire/Fire, so I don't have burn, and my two best attacks (best melee atack and best AE) are half lethal.  Second, I have a little trouble taking down Ava/Storm Shammies.  Deaths are easy, but the Slow/ACC down/Knockdowns of the other two make my life hard, especially with zombies around beating on me.  Third, the spawns are more consistent in size and content in the areas of TV I see than in DA, though that may be partly not knowing the best spots in DA.

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
WayAbvPar

Reply #11 on: June 28, 2004, 10:36:16 AM

I should probably be playing a bit more now- had a busy couple of weeks (my team won our division at the Whirlyball National Tournament, an accomplishment that can be outshined only by a medal in the Special Olympics). I just started a Invuln/Super Strength tanker yesterday, so my roster looks like this now-

Rascal King- lvl 20 blaster (in SG)
Beguiler- level 7 (?) controller
Ingwe- lvl 8 scrapper
Technodoc- lvl 4 defender
Chuck D.- lvl 4 tanker

My playtime is erratic, but it will always be after 5:30 PM PDT during the week.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 28, 2004, 12:44:37 PM

Quote from: Daydreamer
First I'm Invuln/Fire, not Fire/Fire, so I don't have burn, and my two best attacks (best melee atack and best AE) are half lethal.  Second, I have a little trouble taking down Ava/Storm Shammies.  Deaths are easy, but the Slow/ACC down/Knockdowns of the other two make my life hard, especially with zombies around beating on me.  Third, the spawns are more consistent in size and content in the areas of TV I see than in DA, though that may be partly not knowing the best spots in DA.

Ahh, ok.  Consider it my bad then for not paying attention when I group with you.  I could have sworn you were Fire primary.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #13 on: June 28, 2004, 01:34:42 PM

Quote from: WayAbvPar

Chuck D.- lvl 4 tanker

Damn, now I'm wishing I'd named the Panther Inferno Flava Flav.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #14 on: June 28, 2004, 02:54:03 PM

OPERATION GET BEHIND THE BRUTHA IS A GO!

I REPEAT IT IS A GO!

;)
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 28, 2004, 03:46:03 PM

Quote from: Sky
OPERATION GET BEHIND THE BRUTHA IS A GO!

I REPEAT IT IS A GO!

;)

Ahahahaha! Nice.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Levels and playtimes?  
Jump to: