Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:34:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Quest help 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quest help  (Read 27062 times)
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

on: July 05, 2006, 02:29:14 PM

Where is the master blacksmith near delphi?
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 02:33:24 PM

That's one of the ones I never found, along with the general's gear in world 3.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 02:34:04 PM

IIRC, there's a small break in the tree line before you cross a bridge where you can go north and find him.  Gives you like what 1000 exp but his selection was the same sort of stuff as other vendors.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 02:36:14 PM

Correct. Items are the same and if you go Northeast for about 5 steps and then northwest for about 5 steps, he'll be there. He shows up on your map as a quest person long before you see him though.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 02:47:16 PM

IIRC, there's a small break in the tree line before you cross a bridge where you can go north and find him.  Gives you like what 1000 exp but his selection was the same sort of stuff as other vendors.

Xilren

He seems to pay a bit more for trash weapons than the vendors in town though.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 02:51:15 PM

Dye is cheaper on him also. Much cheaper. Olive dye was like 2500 instead of 9000 like on some vendors.

All in all, he's pretty weak. He should've been selling 1,000,000 unique weapons and shit. That might be a mod worth making.
Yoru

Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 03:11:04 PM

Dye is cheaper on him also. Much cheaper. Olive dye was like 2500 instead of 9000 like on some vendors.

All in all, he's pretty weak. He should've been selling 1,000,000 unique weapons and shit. That might be a mod worth making.

Shop smart, shop Schild-mart?
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 03:43:29 PM

What's the joke?
Yoru

Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 04:04:03 PM

What's the joke?

You mentioned making a vendor mod to create a vendor with all sorts of rare items for purchase.

Remove the 'child' from the quip and then go rewatch Army of Darkness.
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 04:22:55 PM

I got the joke. I was being a smartass.

Apologies. I don't do green text.
Yoru

Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 01:16:48 AM

I played around a bit with the editor on "S-Mart". Doesn't work.

While you can import characters from the main game to custom games, you can't take custom-game characters back to the main game. Probably to prevent some asshat from creating the 'Chest o' Legendaries' and picking up Godly Plate of the Whale right off the bat.

I also noticed something interesting; the first time you beat the endboss, you get a given set of drops, and subsequent attempts (farming) get a significantly less awesome set of drops (fewer items, less chance of epics/good lewtz). Still plenty good until you compare it to stepping up to the next difficulty level. It really doesn't pay to farm.
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 02:38:12 AM

Actually, I just beat the end boss for hte 3rd time and got the best drops yet - period. Better than everything in epic in terms of weapons. I've just broke the 200dps barrier.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 06:03:32 AM

Actually, I just beat the end boss for hte 3rd time and got the best drops yet - period. Better than everything in epic in terms of weapons. I've just broke the 200dps barrier.

Speaking of that dps meter, I assume it does not include damage adds from aura, retribution attacks, weapon enhancements and the like?  I ask b/c it's hard to figure out just how all those things stack or if there are any enhancement stacking limitations.

Fer instance, weapon that has both poison dam, fire relic enhance dam, plus onslaught bonus, plus storm aura plus cold aura, plus a variety of %chance to fire retribution skills, rings, helmet etc.  It's a little hard to tell if all of that actually is working as I think it is.  Shit dies, but the min maxer part of me wants to make sure im getting milage from all that stuff.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 11:32:47 AM

Farmed the last dude on epic all day ysterday, think I've killed him over 200 times  tongue

Anyways, he drops the same shit over and over again. Some people say that he's just twice as hard on legendary and drops the same shit as on epic, they're wrong.
Yoru

Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 11:41:07 AM

Yeah, I was unclear. The chance of getting AWESOME STUFF the first time is significantly higher than subsequent attempts. It's drawn from the same pool on subsequent attempts, but the epics/legendaries are weighted lower.

... so, did you get any of the ranger/archer armor? My chest and head pieces need replacing, stat. I rikey +attack speed the most, although it's getting fast enough now that I need to think about getting +energy recharge on something.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #15 on: July 06, 2006, 11:48:44 AM

Yeah, I was unclear. The chance of getting AWESOME STUFF the first time is significantly higher than subsequent attempts. It's drawn from the same pool on subsequent attempts, but the epics/legendaries are weighted lower.

... so, did you get any of the ranger/archer armor? My chest and head pieces need replacing, stat. I rikey +attack speed the most, although it's getting fast enough now that I need to think about getting +energy recharge on something.

I've got a blue shield and a blue chestpiece that each give +1 to hunting mastery skills, as well as the Jade bow from the Pride of the Jade Palace set.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #16 on: July 06, 2006, 11:51:25 AM

With the +skill modifiers, can they boost the attributes of a skill above and beyond their trainable max, or is the +skill modifier a waste if your skills are capped?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Yoru

Reply #17 on: July 06, 2006, 12:01:25 PM

I've got a blue shield and a blue chestpiece that each give +1 to hunting mastery skills, as well as the Jade bow from the Pride of the Jade Palace set.

I got a copy of that bow from Schild last night, but it's crappier than the green bow I got from the first vendor on epic mode (for 1 million gold  shocked ) which I can use in just one level. It's also crappier than the green bow I randomly found towards the end of normal mode.

However, the chestpiece may be very very welcome. +1 to my already mostly-maxed hunting mastery skills would.. well, things would not be happy when they met the multi-arrowed gouging piercing exploding chaingun of death.

With the +skill modifiers, can they boost the attributes of a skill above and beyond their trainable max, or is the +skill modifier a waste if your skills are capped?

Yes, they go above the max and the skills scale accordingly. All the modifiers in a skill seem to be formulas based on the level, allowing them to scale smoothly above their normal max. Max a skill and go hit up a Shrine of Mastery; it'll go well above the normal max and be far, far more effective.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #18 on: July 06, 2006, 12:26:34 PM

I got a copy of that bow from Schild last night, but it's crappier than the green bow I got from the first vendor on epic mode (for 1 million gold  shocked ) which I can use in just one level. It's also crappier than the green bow I randomly found towards the end of normal mode.

However, the chestpiece may be very very welcome. +1 to my already mostly-maxed hunting mastery skills would.. well, things would not be happy when they met the multi-arrowed gouging piercing exploding chaingun of death.

Full stats on the chestpiece:

Charioteer's Quiver
45 armor
+10% Armor protection
+22 Dex
+15% attack speed
+19% Increase in projectile speed
+1 to all skills in Hunting Mastery

Req:
Str 88
Dex 164
Yoru

Reply #19 on: July 06, 2006, 02:54:56 PM

That makes me happy.

In the pants.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #20 on: July 06, 2006, 03:38:43 PM

How does everyone locate eachother for this?  Through xfire? Gamespy?  Tell me moar!

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #21 on: July 06, 2006, 04:14:58 PM

Ya, ill second that. Ive been hanging out on teamspeak but that either doesn't work well or i have a serous breath problem, or both.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
schild
Administrator

Reply #22 on: July 06, 2006, 04:37:14 PM

Yoru and I use AIM and sometimes MSN. Instant messenger programs still trump all.
Yoru

Reply #23 on: July 06, 2006, 04:44:17 PM

What the s-man said; AIM. Or MSN, PM me if you want my MSN account name. I try to remember to turn on TS before starting up TQ, but it doesn't always happen.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #24 on: July 06, 2006, 05:10:27 PM

Mother-fuck-me it'll be a month before I actually go through the trouble of setting up everything for Trillian again...

I lost all will to use IM programs when AIM/MSN became the main choices and I lost my hella short Icq number password and they refused to let me change the email the password retrieval uses.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Yoru

Reply #25 on: July 06, 2006, 05:13:26 PM

Mother-fuck-me it'll be a month before I actually go through the trouble of setting up everything for Trillian again...

I lost all will to use IM programs when AIM/MSN became the main choices and I lost my hella short Icq number password and they refused to let me change the email the password retrieval uses.

I have my ancient ICQ account still active, but I tend not to turn it on since I'll get spammer messages out of the blue. Unfortunately, GAIM's 'block everyone not on my contact list' feature doesn't actually work for ICQ. Annoying.

But it's free so I just leave ICQ turned off.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #26 on: July 06, 2006, 05:34:50 PM

That makes me happy.

In the pants.

I'm setttled in for the rest of the night now so just post anytime you want me to hand it off to you.
Yoru

Reply #27 on: July 06, 2006, 10:15:15 PM

That makes me happy.

In the pants.

I'm setttled in for the rest of the night now so just post anytime you want me to hand it off to you.

I'm going to start a game called 'f13dotnet' with the password 'kekela' and hang around there for a while. Anyone who wants to trade is welcome.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #28 on: July 06, 2006, 11:18:12 PM

Did a quick Typhon run rigth after we logged off and a (blue)  bow dropped you might like.

Barrage

56-74 damage
25% piercing
very slow

+40% piercing
+17 Dex
+12% attack speed
+22% increase in projectile speed
+2 volley

Req
str 113
dex 263
Yoru

Reply #29 on: July 06, 2006, 11:44:26 PM

Did a quick Typhon run rigth after we logged off and a (blue)  bow dropped you might like.

Barrage

56-74 damage
25% piercing
very slow

+40% piercing
+17 Dex
+12% attack speed
+22% increase in projectile speed
+2 volley

Req
str 113
dex 263

shocked

Server going back up!

f13dotnet01 per MrHat's suggestion in the other thread.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Quest help  
Jump to: