Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:58:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Account pages 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Account pages  (Read 2691 times)
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

on: May 26, 2006, 07:57:01 PM

I'm trying to edit my WoW account details, but the "manage account" pages have been down for at least the last 2 hours with no explanation - they all lead to a "404 not found" error. All links related to accounts, the new bring-a-friend deal, and other items requiring your account login/password are currently broken. It must be baffling for anyone who just bought the game. Same happened a few months ago, the last time I was trying to manage my WoW account.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/

[edit] Just found the explanation, stickied among dozens of posts the WoW General forum (how is a noob supposed to find it? this kind of thing should be front and centre on the homepage)

The issues currently affecting a select group of realms have made it necessary for us to remove access to the forum login and Account Management services. Our network operations teams are fully aware of these two services being brought down and are working as quickly as possible to restore the systems they rely on. We are currently expecting these services to remain inoperable until sometime tomorrow morning. We will provide an update if further information becomes available, or at the time these issues are resolved and the forum login and Account Management services return to full working order.

This is actually the third time I've encountered a day of login problems on the rare occasions I need to edit my account info.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 08:13:48 PM by Tale »
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 05:24:47 AM

It only just came back up. And someone has replied that the explanation on the boards was posted 17 hours after the account pages went down. By my estimation they were down for over a day. 6.5 million reasons not to have to worry, I guess.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 08:54:34 AM

I was finally able to get in and cancel my account....

No more friends on the server + SHITTY shit shit shit PvP in the 50-59 bracket (which is all essentially 51-60 AV) + prospect of having to solo-grind a warrior to the upper 50s = /cry

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 01:19:20 PM

55-60 takes no time at all, you big baby.

-Rasix
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 02:25:08 PM

I was finally able to get in and cancel my account....

No more friends on the server + SHITTY shit shit shit PvP in the 50-59 bracket (which is all essentially 51-60 AV) + prospect of having to solo-grind a warrior to the upper 50s = /cry

Solo anything can suck if you like company but a warrior by 50+ is pretty  damn easy and hard to kill if you've kept up on gear. I duoed most of the way with a rl friend and he bitched that he only had to heal me every 2-4 fights after 50.
Strazos

Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 02:34:07 PM

It's just Very boring.

hack hack hack, eat eat eat.

If I still had friends playing on the server it wouldn't be an issue. But grinding up just to play alone? blah

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 04:21:16 PM

It's just Very boring.

No argument here about that. Anyone ever moticed what a huge regen bonus wars get? My war regens over 50hp/tic compared to mid 30's for my hunter and it's certainly not related to spirit.

My friend also used to bitch that at the end of fights I'd be mostly healed before he could top me off.

Strazos

Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 04:35:02 PM

That's because warriors prolly need it the most....they still go through a lot of food, regardless.

Fear the Backstab!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Account pages  
Jump to: