Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:49:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Lord of the Rings Online - The target is WoW 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Online - The target is WoW  (Read 29068 times)
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #105 on: May 06, 2006, 08:46:54 AM

MMORPG podcast http://gameon.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=87323#

90% open no zones

We wanted to deliver the sort of very traditional classes that rpg players expect, so we have 7 classes.  As you said the offensive melee attack, the ranged attack, we've got someone who is reponsible mostly for buffs, someone who's responsible for sorta sneaking around and doing rogue type things.  The loremaster who is essentially the magic user. 

A fireball is a vessel containing burning oil.  Our hit points are moral we add a "wrapper" so we can make the design fit the ip.

Question: So the Captain is a Paladin?  Yup.

You will be able to go grind if you want to

I'd be interested to see what anyone else thinks, apart from layered instances and traits it doesn't sound like lotro is going to try anything new.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 10:09:40 AM by Arthur_Parker »
Broughden
Terracotta Army

I put the 'shill' in 'cockmonkey'.

Reply #106 on: May 06, 2006, 10:02:12 AM

Quote from: Broughden
he gives himself a huge salary, buys real estate, puts it in his kids' names

DDO was going to have 400+ quests

you will start in Bree at the Prancing Pony

I'd like to see you provide links for the your claims quoted above.

Arthur,
The Beta forums for DDO were wiped at release so I cant link the info anymore. Although I think the FAQ might still even list the 20 lvls at launch.

The thing about salaray and a pyramid scheme was just me being my normal joking spiteful self. Not factual.

As for the LOTRO starting city Im pretty sureI read it here, in one of the articles/interviews posted on this forum. I will do a search.

Edit- Found it! It was from this very thread in response #43 posted by you from an article

"After this, you get to wander around a beautifully re-created Middle Earth. Starting off in Bree’s very own boozer, The Prancing Pony, you can set out to roam, explore and meet other adventurers and foes in the pastoral Shire, the eerie Barrow Downs, elegant Rivendell or beneath the dark canopy of the Old Forest, with loads more faithfully recreated lands from this unparalleled world of imagination promised."

So although their official FAQ says every race has a different starting city (for example humans are Archet) the quote above implied differently to me. Am I reading it wrong?  undecided
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 12:36:01 PM by Broughden »

The wave of the Reagan coalition has shattered on the rocky shore of Bush's incompetence. - Abagadro
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #107 on: May 06, 2006, 12:59:28 PM

I think you are reading it wrong, there's quite a bit of info on starter areas already, plus it's no great surprise a preview piece will name drop a well known location.

I also know they predicted 150-200 quests at release in this DDO preview but I can't recall seeing a figure of 400, that's why I asked for a link.
Broughden
Terracotta Army

I put the 'shill' in 'cockmonkey'.

Reply #108 on: May 06, 2006, 01:40:58 PM

I think you are reading it wrong, there's quite a bit of info on starter areas already, plus it's no great surprise a preview piece will name drop a well known location.

I also know they predicted 150-200 quests at release in this DDO preview but I can't recall seeing a figure of 400, that's why I asked for a link.

Yeah thats why I was a bit confused after I read their FAQ. Because it did say each race had its own starting city, but the article you posted said Bree and the Prancing Pony....and up until today all I had read was that article because I hadnt gone to their website since I dont give two shits about Turbine's next flabtacular failure. So you're right either they are just name dropping or I just read it wrong. But you do understand why I assumed that in the first place based on the article?  undecided

As for the DDO thing...at one point during beta it was going to be 20 lvls and 300-400 quests or some such incredible number. Then as we got closer to release both got cut in half. But nope since the forums got wiped I cant get a link. Sorry.  :-(

The wave of the Reagan coalition has shattered on the rocky shore of Bush's incompetence. - Abagadro
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #109 on: May 08, 2006, 02:50:50 AM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Lord of the Rings Online - The target is WoW  
Jump to: