Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:30:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: 3/01/06 - Generations of Chaos (PSP) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3/01/06 - Generations of Chaos (PSP)  (Read 2490 times)
schild
Administrator

on: February 26, 2006, 07:23:09 PM

Nippon Ichi Strategy fans can finally <insert typical PR bullshit here>.

If you're a little to anxious to pull the trigger on this game (as it does look at little weird), I'll have some thoughts on it up by the end of the week.

For those of you that don't know, it's the first real turnbased strategy to be released on the PSP (unless you count that Middle Earth abortion that showed up a few months back).

Link to a giant version of the japanese game cover - 3215x2164 to be exact. The screenshots on the back part are quite visible.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 08:07:38 PM

If you're a little to anxious to pull the trigger on this game (as it does look at little weird), I'll have some thoughts on it up by the end of the week.

Please do let me know.  Forgot about this title.

-Rasix
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 10:43:15 AM

So the PSP is almost close to being worth owning?

(I'm sorry I wouldn't own a handheld to play at any other time then on public transit, which means anything other then TBS seems like a waste).

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 12:15:23 PM

Unless this ends up being ass, it's pretty much worth owning now. Having already played Field Commander, GoC should clinch it.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 06:42:14 AM

I recently stumbled upon a way to get 50% off anything Sony, and I am still resisting a PSP.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 09:58:39 AM

Can you play mp3's to provide the soundtrack while playing a game on the psp?  If not its still a stupid giant black plastic brick.  If yes, and there are 4+ titles worth owning (only RPG's and TBS need apply) I may be in the market.

P.S.  Yeg, pm me about this magical discount.   :-D

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 10:11:23 AM

Custom soundtracks are not something I've ever cared about really, and there doesn't seem to be a way to do that here. Some games have that function I believe though (like THUG). It's pretty depressing that you want to listen to a custom soundtrack during an RPG though. Generally more than a lot of work goes into their soundtracks.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 10:16:27 AM

P.S.  Yeg, pm me about this magical discount.   :-D

Just make friends with a Sony employee.  Or someone fucking a Sony employee.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 10:19:04 AM

Schild, I just want to get my music and game from the same device but dont understand what the point is if I can't get both at the same time.

I might as well buy a cheaper, nicer looking, smaller, more games having Gameboy if I can't do both (even if I wouldn't very often).

Thanks for the info though.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I already own a mp3 player, I was just imagining an ideal world scenario where I could play a Front Mission style game on the bus while still listening to my playlist, without carrying two gadgets.  If I can't do that, I might as well buy a Gameboy.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 10:59:59 AM by Hoax »

-William Gibson
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 10:23:18 AM

A Rio player is like $20, and a strip of duct tape is practically free.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: 3/01/06 - Generations of Chaos (PSP)  
Jump to: