Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:34:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Newbie Question: Selling 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newbie Question: Selling  (Read 3454 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: February 12, 2006, 11:05:33 AM

So I'm in my house last night and I see what looks like two different ways to sell stuff: as a Player Vendor and from the House Vault.

The House Vault I've got has two slots in it, and I can set prices on those items individually. This appears to be ideal because I'm not interested in 24/7 login just to keep my selling active.

But, looking through the Knowledgebase, I can't see anything that says selling from the House Vault operates any different than selling as a player vendor. Do I need to be logged in for the items I have in my Vault to be listed on the Market?
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 12:27:57 PM

I may be way off, but here's how I understand it. 

Using the house vault allows people to buy from the broker or go to your house directly to save the 20%.  You do not have to be online to have items sold from your house vault.  This is an incentive to upgrade your house as you will get a larger house vault as you upgrade.

As for the personal vendor, I believe you have to be online for people to buy from you at the non-broker price.  I can't confirm that you can sell items at the broker price while offline, so I'm no help there at all.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 12:37:29 PM

The help files don't describe it properly becuase at lauch you had to be logged in the whole time.

The items you put up for sale from your personal inventory will only remain on sale while you are logged in, the items in your housevault will remain on sale for a period of time after you log off (I *think* it's 24 hours, reset whenever you log back in).

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 01:54:54 PM

Items in your housevault remain on sale for a full 24 hours as long as when you closed your store window you said to keep selling. EXCEPT if any of your other characters starts to sell, then your selling is terminated. Only one character can be selling at any one time.

Also, you can put boxes or bags in the house vault spaces then anything in those bags is for sale, so two slots is actually Gods only know how many slots with some of the larger boxes. I've never felt a need to move to a larger house for slots.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 03:24:22 PM

The above replies are correct. only 1 char per account, put boxes in house vault and sell while logged off or adventuring. And the market on oasis  is great every time i enter my apt im overweight from coin way better than steamfront was.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 04:02:21 PM

Coolness thanks. Now I have to run clear across Antonica though to find out if I select "sell while offline"  cool
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 04:51:01 PM

check broker on your way out, remember though 20 % added broker fee so check above your added price

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 12:56:19 AM

Actually, it;s one character per server, but otherwise, everything else is on point.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
addryc
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 05:11:14 AM

Items in your housevault remain on sale for a full 24 hours as long as when you closed your store window you said to keep selling. EXCEPT if any of your other characters starts to sell, then your selling is terminated. Only one character can be selling at any one time.

Also, you can put boxes or bags in the house vault spaces then anything in those bags is for sale, so two slots is actually Gods only know how many slots with some of the larger boxes. I've never felt a need to move to a larger house for slots.

Theres no time limit on items in the housevault that I've ever experienced - you can make a TON of money selling like this - heres a few tips of things I find that sell pretty well:
 - Adept books
 - Raw Materials (Tuber strands etc from Roots are used in a LOT of recipes so you can make a fair bit of coin from selling them_
 - Rare/Fabled/Legendary Raw Materials - Occasionally you will get a rare ding from a harvest and if you're not crafting yourself/saving for another crafter, you can sell these for a bunch of gold
 - Collectibles - Got duplicates? Theres a THRIVING market for collectibles right now - as they are a common way of PLing - GREAT exp when you finish a collectible set and hand it in - if you get any Leaves - either KEEP THEM or sell them for a BUNCH of cash - the leaves collections (Well at least the two I've done) gave me a 30-slot and a 24-slot bag - so they are in HIGH DEMAND.  Theres almost always 1 'rare' item in the collectible set which sells for a bunch more
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 05:13:31 AM by addryc »
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 05:53:32 AM

Selling shines is an ungodly good way of making money as a newbie. And the ones that sell the best are often the ones from the newbie areas (Caves, Oakmist, Ruins, and so on) because the high levels don't spend much time there. My reroll ratzerker had made 20 gold by the time she was 10th level just on shinies.

Selling app IV skill scrolls to flavor of the month rerolls (necros, conjurors, rangers, and bruisers) can be lucrative. You can make these up very fast now that there are no subcombines and picking the "important" spells like main nukes and damage arts I have no problem getting 1gp each for them. The pets are obscene. I sell a half dozen of the 12th level pet spells a week at 5gp each.

Freeport prices seem to be better than Qeynos ones.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 05:56:38 AM

I imagine Freeport is more of a Sellers market somewhat by virtue of the place being less played (if I interpreted the data right ;) ).

I've only really been selling the looted skill scrolls. It's helped me buy others. But I completely forgot about the collection stuff. I always grab those, and am at a point now where I'm getting more duplicates than ones I need. I'll definitely be holding onto those. I've already done a few turn ins, but I'm just a nut for this sort of long-term meta-quest stuff.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 06:51:14 AM

Didn't see it mentioned but I'm assuming everyone knows to drop 2 28-slot boxes in the house vault for extra selling space.

During my prime brokering days I would have my vendor online at all times while I wasn't playing with 2 boxes in the vault and 6 boxes on his person. The benefit of actually being online is that on the bigger ticket items (rares, masters, and such) people can save 20% by running to your inn room.

Last I checked I think my main vendor char had recently cleared the 150p in total sales mark.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 06:53:57 AM

I didn't realize you stopped selling after 24 hours.  Sometimes I log in after a few days and am always disappointed that I didn't sell more, now I know why.

Stuff sells for more on Oasis but of course the other side of the coin is that it also costs more.  I sold some adepts and cracked bones for more than I could have gotten on Steamfont but then I had to make my level forty purchases of gear for Stopgap.  That hurt me pretty bad.  On the plus side with more crafters I was able to buy a reasonably priced AdeptIII for my main tank pet.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Newbie Question: Selling  
Jump to: