Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:16:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Need you guys to help a brotha out 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need you guys to help a brotha out  (Read 4398 times)
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

on: February 04, 2006, 05:29:01 AM

I just found out last week that my 2 cousins and my Uncle are playing on the LLane server. Problem with this is I'm playing on Earthen Ring. (yeah I know its RP but less aholes ya know) Any who since our new overlords at blizzard know nothing of load balacning and decided locking out character creation on the servers is how ya do it (I'll rant later) I find myself in need of a throwaway account with a character on Llane if I ever wanna game with my family. If anyone knows of anyone with a deactivated account that has at least 1 char on Llane let me know. I'll gladly reimburse them/you for the cost of the game for the account.
Thanx guys.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 08:07:13 AM by DarkDryad »

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 07:00:53 AM

I am a little out of the loop.  Locked out character creation?

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 07:37:48 AM

I am a little out of the loop.  Locked out character creation?

Yes, they locked new character creation on a bunch of the high population servers. Unless you have a character on those servers already, you can't create new characters on that server until the server population comes down. So if you have friends or family already playing and you buy the game, Blizzars says "lern 2 tiem traval" or else you'll never be able to play with them.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 09:22:51 AM

Yes, and limiting new character creation is a fine solution - but only when coupled with the ability of others to change servers.  Otherwise, it completely sucks for exactly this reason.

Server performance issues seem to boil down to popularity of servers.  Why Blizzard refuses to allow server transfers is just beyond me. 

Yes, yes I know they have offered it in the past but only in an extremely limited way.  It's time to get with the program, Blizzard.  That "we're so fucking successful that our game is breaking" excuse only lasts so long.  Use some of that success to come up with real solutions.  Stop dicking around.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 10:54:01 AM

Yes, and limiting new character creation is a fine solution - but only when coupled with the ability of others to change servers. 

I don't really believe it is a fine solution in a raid-centric game where the social networks you build directly determine your ability to play. It's just not realistic to expect people to move to a new server and start the ghey server politics over again just to play with a friend from work.

They really do need to stop fucking around and upgrade their hardware. If so many servers have a high enough population that there are 30 minute queues everyday and making new characters is disabled, they have enough business to do it.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 02:26:42 PM

Actually, I believe the new character lockout (if you dont already have a character there) was due directly as a bandaid fix to prevent the massive swarms of level 1 alts crashing realms in an attempt to catch a glimpse of the silithus world event when the AQ gates open.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 05:23:17 PM

They should just open the server transfers and let the free market determine the price.

IE. Everyone moving to Kel'Thuzad = price of transfer to KT goes up (to like $300 max).

cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 08:35:49 PM

Actually, I believe the new character lockout (if you dont already have a character there) was due directly as a bandaid fix to prevent the massive swarms of level 1 alts crashing realms in an attempt to catch a glimpse of the silithus world event when the AQ gates open.

No, not on Llane, we are still 40% away from opening the gates.

Sorry DD, all the accounts I know on this server are being used (heavily!).. What side is your family on?  Horde or Alliance?

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #8 on: February 05, 2006, 05:47:12 AM

No, not on Llane, we are still 40% away from opening the gates.

Sorry DD, all the accounts I know on this server are being used (heavily!).. What side is your family on?  Horde or Alliance?

Both horde and alliance Incle plays a troll rogue and my cousins are both gnomes

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #9 on: February 05, 2006, 10:39:04 AM

Both horde and alliance Incle plays a troll rogue and my cousins are both gnomes

I am looking around btw, asking guildies and stuff.. I'll let you know if I find anything..

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 07:45:52 AM

I am looking around btw, asking guildies and stuff.. I'll let you know if I find anything..
Thanx man you rock.

DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 11:34:51 AM

Cevik. Thanks anyway but they have unlocked Llane as of Today! Wewt. Cya there bro.

cevik
I'm Special

Reply #12 on: February 06, 2006, 12:25:12 PM

Cevik. Thanks anyway but they have unlocked Llane as of Today! Wewt. Cya there bro.

Yeah, I was just coming here to tell you that.

Be careful though, we had NO LAG at all when they closed character creation, and I hear it's back in a big big way now.  You newbie bastards.. :)

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 06, 2006, 07:08:14 PM

There's bad lag on my server today too, and was even bad non-primetime.  I think it has little to do with load and much to do with some software issue.

cevik
I'm Special

Reply #14 on: February 06, 2006, 09:04:32 PM

There's bad lag on my server today too, and was even bad non-primetime.  I think it has little to do with load and much to do with some software issue.

Yeah, I don't doubt that it's shitty software, but they seemed to have found the issue because they disabled new account creation and the lag was gone, instantly.. gone.. like NONE.. then they re-enabled account creation and the lag was back immediately.. within hours.. same lag as before..

So whatever they are doing in their software, it involves account creation.. *shrug*..

DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #15 on: February 07, 2006, 05:31:11 AM

I know this is aholish but hey I have my char created now so lock it. Yeah Im a heartless bastard but what ya gonna do?

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 11:51:44 AM

They locked my server yesterday.  The lag was worse than before it was locked, so idkwtfigo.
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #17 on: February 09, 2006, 10:30:01 AM

They locked my server yesterday.  The lag was worse than before it was locked, so idkwtfigo.

There have been a few times I lagged way out on Llane but its not half as bad as Earthenring and I do enjoy being able to log on pretty much anytime I want.
2.5 days and Im halfway to 16. I really need to get some rest exp heh.

cevik
I'm Special

Reply #18 on: February 09, 2006, 11:01:48 AM

There have been a few times I lagged way out on Llane but its not half as bad as Earthenring and I do enjoy being able to log on pretty much anytime I want.
2.5 days and Im halfway to 16. I really need to get some rest exp heh.

Yeah, the lag has become acceptable.  It certainly isn't nearly as bad as it was before they locked the server.  Back then, at prime time, it would sometimes take 2-3 minutes to loot one item off a corpse.  But that was literally days before the lock, since then I have yet to see it get that bad (yes yes, if it gets that bad again for any length of time, I fully plan to cancel my account, all of you "ZOMGS LOLOLOLOL I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU PLAYED A GAME THAT HAD A BUG!!" people)...

DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006, 05:57:12 AM

You playin Horde or Alliance Cev? I'll have to look ya up sometime.

cevik
I'm Special

Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006, 07:14:07 AM

You playin Horde or Alliance Cev? I'll have to look ya up sometime.

Horde.. my main has become Ohgr.. the person who mainly plays Cevik is no longer me (he's a very good irl friend though, so if you say you're looking for Cevik he'll probably be able to point you my way.. no I didn't ebay.. :))..

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Need you guys to help a brotha out  
Jump to: