Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:00:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: My EQ2 boxes sit unopened on my desk. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My EQ2 boxes sit unopened on my desk.  (Read 12709 times)
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #35 on: February 01, 2006, 07:17:31 PM

Well, EQ2 is more enjoyable than I remember and it seems SOE is doing a good job with it. However, I just don't have the time to sink into a MMO anymore. There's other things I should be doing with my time and my second experience with EQ2 is at an end.

I think I'm done playing as well.  As someone who spends a lot of time playing solo, these games make or break themselves based on how entertaining the quests are.  EQ2 never seems to rise above FedEx and "kill X amount of Y" quests.  It also doesn't help when you're 25 levels into the game and still fighting wildlife and gnolls.
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #36 on: February 01, 2006, 07:22:48 PM

Go to splitpaw. Do not pass go do not collect $200 just go to splitpaw. If you like dungeons its the best thats ever been. Just go there.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #37 on: February 01, 2006, 07:34:22 PM

Go to splitpaw. Do not pass go do not collect $200 just go to splitpaw. If you like dungeons its the best thats ever been. Just go there.

Started doing the Splitpaw stuff.  Most of the content was Heroic.  More gnolls and assorted critters.  I didn't really see the big deal but then maybe the Heroic stuff cockblocked me from getting to the good part?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #38 on: February 02, 2006, 04:14:36 AM

I can understand completely.  The amount of heroic stuff is annoying.  Many times I find, even though I'll be doing a non-heroic quest, that all the mobs I need to complete the quest are heroic linked mobs.  Mostly it just wastes my time because I rarely give in to pick up groups and since I generally play funny times of the day, I don't even have guildies to beg for help.  It's still all good, though... this is the only MMO I have, at the moment, barring beta tests.  (which are beginning to annoy me)  The good bit is, however, that it's inspired me to drag out the PS2 and I have a ton of games that I've never even opened!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 02, 2006, 07:14:51 AM

Started doing the Splitpaw stuff.  Most of the content was Heroic.  More gnolls and assorted critters.  I didn't really see the big deal but then maybe the Heroic stuff cockblocked me from getting to the good part?

Go sit and listen to the Storyteller for a few minutes. He'll give you the Trials of Harclave quest. After that you can do the Hideout (Fitch's Prank quest), followed finally by the solo arena. Hideout and arena you can do as often as you like (barring like a 2 hour lockout) and Harclaves can be done once a level.

Any other quests there will need at least a trio of chars to complete.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #40 on: February 02, 2006, 07:32:45 AM

Go sit and listen to the Storyteller for a few minutes. He'll give you the Trials of Harclave quest. After that you can do the Hideout (Fitch's Prank quest), followed finally by the solo arena. Hideout and arena you can do as often as you like (barring like a 2 hour lockout) and Harclaves can be done once a level.

Any other quests there will need at least a trio of chars to complete.

Got the Trials of Harclave quest.  Even with that buff you get I have trouble soloing it as a Troubador and since it's solo only I don't even have the option of getting help for that one.  Something tells me they didn't quite balance that quest for all the classes.

Edit:  Oh, and when I fuck up... 8 hour cockblock timer on trying again.  Thanks SOE for telling me how often I can attempt the content I paid an extra 8 bucks for.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 07:37:08 AM by Velorath »
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #41 on: February 02, 2006, 08:11:02 AM

Edit:  Oh, and when I fuck up... 8 hour cockblock timer on trying again.  Thanks SOE for telling me how often I can attempt the content I paid an extra 8 bucks for.

That's complete and utter bullshit.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 02, 2006, 08:39:23 AM

From which to which level  do the respective adventure packs make sense? Being the European with odd European playtimes on an US serverI take any Solo XP I can get.

Btw, yesterday somebody shouted at me and called me f13 scum. Do we have enemies already and are we the good guys or the bad guys?
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #43 on: February 02, 2006, 08:41:09 AM

Btw, yesterday somebody shouted at me and called me f13 scum. Do we have enemies already and are we the good guys or the bad guys?

That was me.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #44 on: February 02, 2006, 08:41:29 AM

From which to which level  do the respective adventure packs make sense? Being the European with odd European playtimes on an US serverI take any Solo XP I can get.

Wow that is awesome.  I was not aware of any enemies, beyond the usual idiots.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 02, 2006, 08:53:52 AM

I wish our sever weren't dead.
I also wish that the guild had a lot more members. Grouping with guild members is ok by me. Pickup groups. M.E.H.

A good idea is a good idea forever.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: February 02, 2006, 09:33:57 AM

I've been duoing with a friend on Butcherblock and haven't been on Steamfont much lately.  Soloing on my brigand started burning me out, so I need a change of pace.  I may be around more in the near future. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: February 04, 2006, 04:23:35 AM

Afaik (which isn't far) the splitpaw one is the good one, it's relevant in your twenties, but is pretty empty most of the time.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #48 on: February 04, 2006, 06:28:38 AM

I've been duoing with a friend on Butcherblock and haven't been on Steamfont much lately.  Soloing on my brigand started burning me out, so I need a change of pace.  I may be around more in the near future. 

Shoulda came out with us last night... I got almost 3 levels plus various fabled items.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Mi_Tes
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: February 04, 2006, 08:22:01 AM

Was fun, got a few levels, and some nice items (even with getting killed by bats at every corner).

Now, trying to log in today and the servers are down.  Wondering if it is a reroll?

We never do anything half-assed, with us its either full-ass or no-ass!
To win is not always a victory, to lose not always a failure.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #50 on: February 04, 2006, 08:27:13 AM

Was fun, got a few levels, and some nice items (even with getting killed by bats at every corner).

Now, trying to log in today and the servers are down.  Wondering if it is a reroll?

They are fixing some bugs... I did not see a note on our newfound "Working as intended" feature though. 

http://www.gamergod.com/article.php?article_id=3597&fansite_id=11

Servers should be up shortly... if you have time can you help me test something Mi Ties?

Damn you seriously cleaned up last night though.  Couple plat worth of items is always a good run!

edit.  Additional.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 08:28:50 AM by Cheddar »

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #51 on: February 04, 2006, 08:30:04 AM

newfound "Working as intended" feature

What does that mean?  I just dl'd whatever patch there was but the servers are all locked.  They did have it listed on the server status page, if that's what the thingy you said meant.  They seem to be running a wee bit late today, though.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #52 on: February 04, 2006, 08:31:51 AM

newfound "Working as intended" feature

What does that mean?  I just dl'd whatever patch there was but the servers are all locked.  They did have it listed on the server status page, if that's what the thingy you said meant.  They seem to be running a wee bit late today, though.

Its a sekret.  But if it is still around then I would like to gather all the sub 20 people and get them up some levels tonight.  Servers will be up at noon according to a GM. 

Mi_Tes
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: February 04, 2006, 08:38:39 AM

They are fixing some bugs... I did not see a note on our newfound "Working as intended" feature though. 

http://www.gamergod.com/article.php?article_id=3597&fansite_id=11

Servers should be up shortly... if you have time can you help me test something Mi Ties?

Damn you seriously cleaned up last night though.  Couple plat worth of items is always a good run!

edit.  Additional.

As soon as we can get in, I will definitly help test whatever!

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #54 on: February 04, 2006, 08:40:56 AM

I want to know the sekret if it concerns me.  I don't generally play nights, you know... just once in a while when there is absolutely nothing else to do and the hubby is working or out of town and I'm bored out of my mind.  Does your "sekret" have anything to do with the server transfer?  I bet that's going to be a buggy event.  I'm sure I'll have X's all around my names.  I'll be lee7!

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #55 on: February 04, 2006, 08:44:13 AM

I want to know the sekret if it concerns me.  I don't generally play nights, you know... just once in a while when there is absolutely nothing else to do and the hubby is working or out of town and I'm bored out of my mind.  Does your "sekret" have anything to do with the server transfer?  I bet that's going to be a buggy event.  I'm sure I'll have X's all around my names.  I'll be lee7!

PM sent.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #56 on: February 04, 2006, 09:12:33 AM

Seems like the mail situation is what prompted todays patch.  This bodes well for us!!! 

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #57 on: February 04, 2006, 09:21:03 AM

They rarely ever bring down servers to fix bugs like that, the lack of mail isn't worth stopping people from logging in.  They only do stuff like this if a dupe bug is found.  And with all those tradeskill changes I'm sure there were a few.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #58 on: February 04, 2006, 09:25:40 AM

Downtime extended to 3 hours... looks like it won't be up til, at least, 1 PM EST.  They've done this before after big updates but not usually on weekends.  Looks like I'll be playing that dreadful Dragon Quest VIII that has me addicted.  Dammit.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #59 on: February 04, 2006, 09:35:40 AM

Logged in right now. WHEE!
Mi_Tes
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: February 04, 2006, 09:40:42 AM

Woot, omw in.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: My EQ2 boxes sit unopened on my desk.  
Jump to: