Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:29:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Blizzard makes me STABBY! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blizzard makes me STABBY!  (Read 7146 times)
Xerapis
Contributor

on: January 24, 2006, 06:42:52 PM

Well, it's after maintenance time again.

I spent the first few hours unable to even read the forums, much less play the goddamn game.

Then I finally get in and play for a while. Actually, wasn't even having the enemy looping bug I've been fighting for since 1.9

BTW, that thing can be KILLER on us hunters. Nice to have to run around and find where you are or aren't in range so you can hopefully kill the bastard before he finishes off your pet.

Now I get stuck at "Connecting" or "Authenticating" on good ole Earthen Ring.

I'm going to be quite bitchy about the fact that I was out in the countryside instead of safely in a rest area and the impact that this might have on my XP state.

Blizzard better give us SOMETHING for this nonsense before....well, before I whine more about it.

I considered taking my vitriol to the official WOW boards. But the login server for the forums is down. For me, anyway. Other people seem to be posting their bitchiness just fine.

Go figure.

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
heck
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 06:47:32 PM

Well, it's after maintenance time again.

I spent the first few hours unable to even read the forums, much less play the goddamn game.

Then I finally get in and play for a while. Actually, wasn't even having the enemy looping bug I've been fighting for since 1.9

BTW, that thing can be KILLER on us hunters. Nice to have to run around and find where you are or aren't in range so you can hopefully kill the bastard before he finishes off your pet.

Now I get stuck at "Connecting" or "Authenticating" on good ole Earthen Ring.

I'm going to be quite bitchy about the fact that I was out in the countryside instead of safely in a rest area and the impact that this might have on my XP state.

Blizzard better give us SOMETHING for this nonsense before....well, before I whine more about it.

I considered taking my vitriol to the official WOW boards. But the login server for the forums is down. For me, anyway. Other people seem to be posting their bitchiness just fine.

Go figure.

Heh, funny too that just a few hours ago I logged into the game just fine.  I even switched between characters a few times to juggle transactions.  Now I can't get past the authentication stage either.

NOES
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 06:48:08 PM

I learned with Shadowbane The Realm that it's not worth getting angry at a game. Just unsub and never look back. Doesn't matter how good or bad a game is if the service sucks. /swg
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 09:19:39 PM

On my server about half of the guild could connect and the other half couldn't.  I couldn't at all; I never got to the Shadowsong character select but could log on fine to other servers. Luckily the MC candy run was canceled (we need an AQ quest piece). 

Fuck, almost subbed to EVE in frustration.  I almost kinda want to.  I mean... I could have a space ship... WITH LOTS OF MISSILES!!

« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 09:23:40 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 10:00:29 PM

Same here, I can log into any server but Crushridge. Wonder if it's related to the upgrade they did...

-- Z.

Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 04:46:46 AM

Fuck, almost subbed to EVE in frustration.  I almost kinda want to.  I mean... I could have a space ship... WITH LOTS OF MISSILES!!

And you'd be able to login and play and not have queues to wait in (EVER!) and, well, just a better all-around quality of service. I'm with schild.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 06:08:32 AM

Weird, no troubles on Argent Dawn.  Except for having to log on right as I come home and then make sure that I stay logged on while doing chores, else get kicked off and have to wait 45 mins to relog. 

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 06:49:32 AM

Weird, no troubles on Argent Dawn. Except for having to log on right as I come home and then make sure that I stay logged on while doing chores, else get kicked off and have to wait 45 mins to relog

« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 06:51:06 AM by Soukyan »

"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 06:58:29 AM

I learned with Shadowbane The Realm that it's not worth getting angry at a game. Just unsub and never look back. Doesn't matter how good or bad a game is if the service sucks. /swg

You can't uninstall evil...

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Rasix

Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 08:12:21 AM

And you'd be able to login and play and not have queues to wait in (EVER!) and, well, just a better all-around quality of service. I'm with schild.

OMG, NOW I SEE THE LIGHT.  Thank you, Dr. Phil.

Really, if it ever gets to the point where I don't enjoy playing the game, I'll be gone.  Until then, it's still the best MMORPG for me and I like playing it. EVE has its attractive points, but the issues I have with are with the core game.  I choose on gameplay as long as I consider the level of service and stability tollerable.  In AC2 one of the main reasons I quit was that the level of service and the rampant bugs were just too fucking much.  Combined with lackluster gameplay it wasn't a difficult decision to quit.  Of course, depending on what happens in the next couple of weeks, my experience in WoW could change for the worse and then the technical issues could become enough of an issue to warrant playing a different game. 

As to the current issue, according to Blizzard it was an ISP thing.  Fixed and I could log in this morning. 

Edit: FYI, the above takes into consideration that I will never sub to two MMOs at the same time.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 08:31:38 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 08:44:49 AM

OMG, NOW I SEE THE LIGHT.  Thank you, Dr. Phil.

Really, if it ever gets to the point where I don't enjoy playing the game, I'll be gone.  Until then, it's still the best MMORPG for me and I like playing it. EVE has its attractive points, but the issues I have with are with the core game.  I choose on gameplay as long as I consider the level of service and stability tollerable.  In AC2 one of the main reasons I quit was that the level of service and the rampant bugs were just too fucking much.  Combined with lackluster gameplay it wasn't a difficult decision to quit.  Of course, depending on what happens in the next couple of weeks, my experience in WoW could change for the worse and then the technical issues could become enough of an issue to warrant playing a different game. 

As to the current issue, according to Blizzard it was an ISP thing.  Fixed and I could log in this morning. 

Edit: FYI, the above takes into consideration that I will never sub to two MMOs at the same time.

Glad to be of service. Tonight, Oprah and I are talking about video game addiction recovery. ;)

Anyhow, I'm of the same mindset as you. I consider fun, gameplay, service level, etc. And I also only subscribe to one at a time. I just happened to notice that a lot of people bitch about the queue system and connectivity issues with regard to WoW. It's certainly a consideration, but must not be that big of a deal to players because... well... 5.5 million. That speaks for itself.

Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 08:48:48 AM

Anyhow, I'm of the same mindset as you. I consider fun, gameplay, service level, etc. And I also only subscribe to one at a time. I just happened to notice that a lot of people bitch about the queue system and connectivity issues with regard to WoW. It's certainly a consideration, but must not be that big of a deal to players because... well... 5.5 million. That speaks for itself.

There is a certain background level of bitching that you will find in any group of 5.5 million people.

Witty banter not included.
Rasix

Reply #12 on: January 25, 2006, 08:49:51 AM

Glad to be of service. Tonight, Oprah and I are talking about video game addiction recovery. ;)

Don't tell my wife, she'll run home and TIVO it.

I just happened to notice that a lot of people bitch about the queue system and connectivity issues with regard to WoW. It's certainly a consideration, but must not be that big of a deal to players because... well... 5.5 million. That speaks for itself.

The queue becomes part of routine, like sterilizing the needle before injection.  If I know it's primetime, and I want to play at a certain time... I start the login procedure 30 minutes before I want to play. 

-Rasix
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 09:10:34 AM

The thing about mmogs is, the average player is 18-25 and puts about as much commitment into a mmog as they do into a girlfriend.  Thus when they "break up" with a mmog, you get the same vitriolic hatred about the mmog as you do when a young 20 something breaks up with his girlfriend (see schild for reference, change everytime he says WoW to "my ex-girlfriend").  Usually this involves fits of depressed drinking, tears, and lots and lots of "well that bitch was a stupid bitch anyways and she was nothing but a bitchy ass bitch bitch", etc.

Hence the "WoW requires 175329057235902860923468209735239067 hours of raiding to get epic gearz, so I quit" or "a GM with epic gearz can two shot me, so I quit", or "WoW has 15 hour queues on slow days, so I quit" or "PvP is nothing but a grind, and it sucks anyways, and is imbalanced, and isn't meaningful, but if it is meaningful then it shouldn't be", or any of the other myriad of overblown complaints you see about WoW in a group of ex-WoW players.  Is it the best thing since sliced bread?  Not bloody likely.  Is it the worst thing since my high school girlfriend dumped me for my drug dealer?  No.  Is it just another game?  We have a winner.

The fanbois are not right that the game is perfect, but the ex-boyfriends are not right that she's nothing but a stupid bitch anyways.  The sad truth is somewhere in between.  It's just a game, it's fun for some, it's not for others, if you're part of the later, don't play it.  If you're part of the former, it's no more buggy than the average game, and it's a lot less buggy than some of the crap that is handed to us masked as a "game".  Its customer support is not above average, but it's not below average either.  It's not the most perfect balanced game to ever exist, but it's not the least balanced game to ever exist.  It's pretty much par for the course for what the game industry produces, and if you're going to pick a champion cause to bring down and stick it to the man for giving us shitty games, you probably could find a much much better candidate than WoW..

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 25, 2006, 10:17:21 AM

The thing about mmogs is, the average player is 18-25 and puts about as much commitment into a mmog as they do into a girlfriend.  Thus when they "break up" with a mmog, you get the same vitriolic hatred about the mmog as you do when a young 20 something breaks up with his girlfriend (see schild for reference, change everytime he says WoW to "my ex-girlfriend").  Usually this involves fits of depressed drinking, tears, and lots and lots of "well that bitch was a stupid bitch anyways and she was nothing but a bitchy ass bitch bitch", etc.

Hence the "WoW requires 175329057235902860923468209735239067 hours of raiding to get epic gearz, so I quit" or "a GM with epic gearz can two shot me, so I quit", or "WoW has 15 hour queues on slow days, so I quit" or "PvP is nothing but a grind, and it sucks anyways, and is imbalanced, and isn't meaningful, but if it is meaningful then it shouldn't be", or any of the other myriad of overblown complaints you see about WoW in a group of ex-WoW players.  Is it the best thing since sliced bread?  Not bloody likely.  Is it the worst thing since my high school girlfriend dumped me for my drug dealer?  No.  Is it just another game?  We have a winner.

The fanbois are not right that the game is perfect, but the ex-boyfriends are not right that she's nothing but a stupid bitch anyways.  The sad truth is somewhere in between.  It's just a game, it's fun for some, it's not for others, if you're part of the later, don't play it.  If you're part of the former, it's no more buggy than the average game, and it's a lot less buggy than some of the crap that is handed to us masked as a "game".  Its customer support is not above average, but it's not below average either.  It's not the most perfect balanced game to ever exist, but it's not the least balanced game to ever exist.  It's pretty much par for the course for what the game industry produces, and if you're going to pick a champion cause to bring down and stick it to the man for giving us shitty games, you probably could find a much much better candidate than WoW..

That wasn't a perfect post, but it wasn't a bitchy one either. ;)

But seriously, you hit the nail on the head.

Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 10:40:20 AM

Weird, no troubles on Argent Dawn. Except for having to log on right as I come home and then make sure that I stay logged on while doing chores, else get kicked off and have to wait 45 mins to relog

Sarcasm.  I...wasn't actually trying to dismiss the queue problem.  But thanks for the pretty colors.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 11:20:40 AM

That wasn't a perfect post, but it wasn't a bitchy one either. ;)

But seriously, you hit the nail on the head.

Sometimes us wacko liberulz do indeed know what we are talking about..

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 04:41:25 PM

I like my new realm's population better than my old one. Yeah we get 1.5-2 hour ques in primetime, but when I log on there's more than enough people playing for my needs/tastes. I'd rather spend that time logging in off a disconnect than log in freely and be greeted by a shitty small realm. Of course I'd prefer if I could have the population without the ques, but that's not one of the choices presented to me. Same reason why im subbed to WoW. ;)
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 05:09:27 PM

Yeah we get 1.5-2 hour ques in primetime, but
Cough. Splutter.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #19 on: January 25, 2006, 05:31:07 PM

Cough. Splutter.

I feel your pain.  Sometimes it takes me 15-20 seconds to log in to my current MMOG of choice.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #20 on: January 26, 2006, 07:34:34 AM

Cough. Splutter.

I feel your pain.  Sometimes it takes me 15-20 seconds to log in to my current MMOG of choice.

I've had one queue on Llane (it said < 1 minute and it took all of < 1 minute).  I was kinda shocked when it happened.  My typical logon experience is about 15-20 seconds, 1-5 minutes on the high end when we have the "authenticating" or "retrieving character list" issues, but I've never seen a mmog without some issues, so 1-5 minutes seems acceptable (though not optimal).

Interestingly enough, there was a message last night that they have stoped character creation on Llane for anyone who isn't already on the server until further notice, to solve performance issues.  Also last night it took less than 5 seconds to log on, I've never seen it go that fast. *shrug*..

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #21 on: January 26, 2006, 11:55:17 AM

Interestingly enough, there was a message last night that they have stoped character creation on Llane for anyone who isn't already on the server until further notice, to solve performance issues.  Also last night it took less than 5 seconds to log on, I've never seen it go that fast. *shrug*..

Ah, you must play on the same server the Blizz admins play on.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #22 on: January 26, 2006, 01:52:32 PM

Ah, you must play on the same server the Blizz admins play on.

My server was in a list about 20-30 servers long at least.  I'm actually suprised at the lack of gnashing of teeth around here (I didn't see anything on the WoW boards either).  I'm curious as to how long it will last.  It seems rather frightening to me, there are people I'd like to get into the game that I haven't quite convinced yet.. now there is no point in me trying to convince them (in fact, I now must tell my friends "DO NOT START WOW WHATEVER YOU DO", so that they won't have a lvl 35 druid on some other server when they reopen mine for new accounts)..

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Blizzard makes me STABBY!  
Jump to: