Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:27:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQ2's birthday 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EQ2's birthday  (Read 3533 times)
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

on: November 01, 2005, 01:42:32 PM

So I imagine anyone who cares saw the announcement proclaiming November 9th as the 1 year anniversary. Two things of interest:

1) EQ2 is doing veteran rewards for as little as one week of playtime. Examples given were 12 slot bags all the way up to bonus experience and titles.

2) Nary a word about subscription numbers.

Still enjoying the game but the silence on the subscribers continues to be deafening.

I have never played WoW.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 04:16:16 PM

Seems like SOE stopped talking about per-game subscriptions long ago, preferring to tout the 850k+ subscriptions across all of their accounts. In the end, I figure that's fine. The sub numbers are for investors and their ilk, not for forum rats like us to proclaim glory or doom.

But it says something that the total of all of their games doesn't equal the newest big hit in the genre.

At least you're enjoying the game. I know a few that do. I stopped a week before launch, preferring to map the zones not yet mapped than actually play. The changes to the game that have come since have not inspired me. Maybe someday I'll be back, but there's too much going on to consider it right now.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 07:45:13 PM

They're also giving players the option to use the Asian models from their Taiwanese version. I may play a bit more just for that.

We'll see, it is Smedco, afterall...

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ezdaar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 06:16:13 AM

I was surprised that they actually allow you to mix and match the models you like from the SOGA ones. Some of them look vastly better but not all of them, so it's nice to be able to pick and choose.

My only real gripe with the SOGA models, aside from many looking flamingly gay, is that the women tend to have toothpicks for legs. It looks very strange to see a normalish looking body atop two legs that are about as wide as their arms.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 10:43:04 AM

I can't believe it's only been out for one year, it feels so much longer.  And I wasn't in beta either.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 01:46:40 PM

I was surprised that they actually allow you to mix and match the models you like from the SOGA ones. Some of them look vastly better but not all of them, so it's nice to be able to pick and choose.

My only real gripe with the SOGA models, aside from many looking flamingly gay, is that the women tend to have toothpicks for legs. It looks very strange to see a normalish looking body atop two legs that are about as wide as their arms.

Tell me about it! The flamingly straight models in most MMOS have always been so hard to get used to -- not that there's anything wrong with the straight models, it's just that I like my male avatars to be sporting hefty (or even just noticeable!) packages. There's nothing sadder than a male avatar sporting flatness that rivals cameltoe. Cameltoe on a man (man-gina) = bad. And yes, the female models could use some butching up as well -- most look like they're some Karen Carpenter-Pamela Anderson love child.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Ezdaar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 09:40:53 AM

So really we need a slider that goes from "Flamingly Straight" to "Flamingly Gay" when creating the character, and a "Crotch" slider just like the "Torso/Chest" slider.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 01:31:11 PM

So really we need a "Crotch" slider just like the "Torso/Chest" slider.

Best. Idea. Ever.

[above words colored a hint of mint with some avocado thrown in, rather than full out green]
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 01:32:45 PM by Sobelius »

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 01:59:28 PM

With a crotch slider, you're going to end up with a lot of this:

and

But mostly more of the first...

-Rasix
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 02:37:32 PM

You say that like it's a bad thing...

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #10 on: November 21, 2005, 08:17:39 PM

There's enough e-peen overcompensation in games as it is. We don't need to add to it.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 22, 2005, 09:31:54 AM

There's enough e-peen overcompensation in games as it is. We don't need to add to it.
I guess people say "big-ass sword" because "big-cock sword" would be too obvious.

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12 on: November 22, 2005, 09:35:51 AM

I guess people say "big-ass sword" because "big-cock sword" would be too obvious.

Perhaps it's just repressed longings manifesting itself in Freudian slips.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQ2's birthday  
Jump to: