Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:13:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: Tetris: The Hero's Journey 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tetris: The Hero's Journey  (Read 14256 times)
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #35 on: December 20, 2005, 02:37:22 PM

K, I am in, let's start our company.

I have been wanting something like this for a while and have been mulling over different mechanics.

With current games, it alway feels like the world is dead once the afterglow is gone.  I want a game that when I log into I am not sure it'll be same way as when I left it.  Only SB gave this a go, but had many other issues and it was still a very shallow world.

The biggest draw seems to be AI processing power.  One idea is two sets of AI, one set for where were the players and one set for where they aren't.  The second set would be a low cpu cost, rough approximation of the first.  So areas with players could have smart NPCs and area without would run a simulation as to what would happen if Smart NPCs were there without player intervention.  So the Naga Queen sets up her little kingdom in the bog. Her little empire grows in simulation until players stumble in bog.  At which point the bog is instantized, creating her lair and its minions for players to battle.  After the players leave the bog, Player influence is measured.  The Naga Queen simulation is adjusted to take in account that influence and continue along until the next player encounter, or she may initiate an encounter herself through a raiding party or worse.

Anyway, that's what I was thinking.  I was wondering wiki design document was even remotely feasable.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 02:39:28 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: Tetris: The Hero's Journey  
Jump to: