Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:57:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Brute goodness... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brute goodness...  (Read 2466 times)
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

on: November 23, 2005, 07:27:20 AM

Hey all, been playing around with CoH planner, and I am amazed that the brute stone/dark armor, might be what I was looking for in a tank/scrapper hybrid.

Looks to have the ability to taunt, all resistance (not sure if they can get the 90% resistance cap on psi damage like dark armor scrappers can get), and some ranged attacks.  The only thing I am wondering is how much of an endurance hog I will end up being, since you can only slot up stamina to 3 now effectively.

Guess this will be my next purchase, CoH/CoV x 2, looks to keep me and my son busy.

ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 08:47:43 AM

That is an major endurance hog of a build. Stone has slow attacks (which means high endurance) and dark armor is a ton of toggles. However if you slot enough endurance reducers and get stamina, it shouldn't be too bad. Another big problem with stone melee is that its known for slow hard-hitting attacks. Slow attacks are not good for building fury. You'll want to really slot out the first couple attacks with recharges so they will cycle faster. You might also want to pick up a power pool attack like boxing to fill out your fury building chain.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 10:56:19 AM

Guess this will be my next purchase, CoH/CoV x 2, looks to keep me and my son busy.

As a side note, you don't need CoH to play CoV, if you just want to play a villain, you can just buy CoV.  It's a standalone expansion.  Or something. 

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 03:48:58 PM

Crazy as it sounds, you might not want to slot that much damage in your attacks. I'd do maybe 2 damage, 1 recharge, 1 accuracy, 2 endurance reducers.  Stone hits hard already, and it sucks up a /lot/ of endurance.

Anyways, just something to keep in mind.  Glad you found your niche, that's something CoV is definitely good for- providing niches that weren't offered before.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 04:40:56 AM

In testing this game, I have made a shortarse scrapper with claws and a healing factor.  ZOMG, original.

I also have a cool IronMan type that's much more original (and looks FANTASTIC), but to be honest I have little or no idea what the hell I'm doing with this game.

Character creation is fantastically detailed, tho I could have done with a little more explanation about powers and whatnot...

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 05:53:08 PM

With the brute it's not as important to slot damage, if you are getting your rage jacked up.  There seem to be two good ways to do this - alot of quick attacks (which must hit), or being able to survive a massive onslaught.

I have a dark/fire brute who is nearly unkillable (2x heal abilities and 2x end steal abilities), this was actually a pure concept build that happened to work out well.  He generates rage via the "survive massive onslaught" method.

I just created a ss/energy brute cause I built one in beta and it was so much fun.  I think ss is the brute attack - quick attacks that do modest damage (without rage) and disorient/knockdown.  Energy is a decent secondary because enemies missing you is a great way to build rage.

Brutes are a hell of a lot of fun solo, and only a little less so in groups.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Brute goodness...  
Jump to: