Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:15:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: MxO merges servers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MxO merges servers  (Read 10421 times)
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

on: July 29, 2005, 09:42:08 AM

In me mail this morn:  servers from 9 to 3; XP bonus; free creds, yadda yadda kung-fu

Edit: I vote for "Smed's Revenge"  or "Regression" or "Haemorrhage" as new world names.

Important Information for Subscribers of The Matrix Online    Community Update: World Merge

The Matrix Online is a game that, ultimately, is about community; for that reason we want to see that players can meet easily and join together in-game for fun and friendship. Recently, members of the community have noted that it can be difficult to find other players in The Matrix: Mega City. The current level of population density can limit opportunities for socializing with other players which are such a key part of our worlds.

Bringing Worlds Together

On August 2, 2005, we will be merging the nine current worlds into three new worlds. This merge should help to increase the number of players on any world at any given time. One world will be Hostile while the other two will run under normal PvP rules. Here is the breakdown of which worlds are being joined together:

Enumerator, Heuristic, Input --> Hostile World
Method, Regression, Iterator --> Normal World
Proxy, Linenoise, Output --> Normal World

Character Transfers and Additional Character Slots

In conjunction with the world merge, we'll be providing players with a total of three character slots on each new world. If you have characters on more than one of the merging worlds, they will all be transferred to the applicable new world. If you had fewer than three existing characters, you'll have open slots to create brand new characters.

When you log-in after the merge takes place, you'll be able to select which character you'd like to use on any world. You can also select an empty slot to create a new character.

Crews and Factions

Crew and Faction data will also be carried over to the new server worlds. In the event that your Crew or Faction name conflicts with another Crew or Faction's name on the new world, the Crew or Faction name will have a tag appended to it. If you want to change a modified name after the merge occurs, you'll be able to contact customer service to rename your Crew or Faction.

XP and $Info Boost

For a limited period of time after the new worlds come online, we'll also be increasing the amount of XP (experience points) and $Info (in-game currency) you can earn. The $Info bonus will apply to gang NPCs and the XP bonus will apply to both gangs and missions. It'll be the perfect time to start a new character in an open slot!

We're also including something that players have been asking for, especially those at higher levels.

RSI Attribute Reconfiguration Hack

Make sure you have an open slot in your Inventory folks, 'cause it's time to hack your RSI Attributes! Every character will receive an RSI Attribute Reconfiguration Hack. This handy little item will allow you to reset your character's Attributes to their original starting values and re-assign Attribute points where you see fit. The RARH only works once, so plan accordingly.

New Player-Named Worlds

The three new worlds will be just that-all new. (The machines like to keep things tidy.) We're leaving it up to The Matrix Online community to name these new worlds. Players will be able to vote on the possible server names in the Broadcast Depth forum. The three names that get the most votes will be used for the new worlds. Voting begins on Thursday, July 28th, and closes on Friday, July 29th, so players should join in and vote right away!

We appreciate your loyalty and continued support for the game and our team. We are very excited about this transition and we hope that, after you see what we have planned, you will be too. See you in The Matrix!

For more information on the World Merge, check out www.thematrixonline.com.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 09:45:18 AM by Soln »
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 09:44:01 AM

Wow, that didn't take long.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 09:44:10 AM

Player-named worlds because We don't give a shit. I like it. Let's name one fuzzlecluck.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 09:47:06 AM

It would almost be worth us all getting this game and signing up for a month if we could get one of the servers named Thundercunt.
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 09:55:51 AM

server consolidation
character transfer (three amazing choices)
extra slots (for what it's worth)
guaranteed (?) support for the inevitable guild fuckup's
XP love
Free credits
Free respec
Name your nightmare

Wow. Truly all-things-must-go.  Firesale!!

sarius
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 09:56:44 AM

How about Bria!?!  evil

It's always our desire to control that leads to injustice and inequity. -- Mary Gordon
“Call it amnesty, call it a banana if you want to, but it’s earned citizenship.” -- John McCain (still learning English apparently)
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 09:57:46 AM

How about Bria!?!  evil

And I already submitted Bloodfin.  cry
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 09:59:52 AM

How about Bria!?!  evil

And I already submitted Bloodfin.  cry

Kettemoor, where my Jedi is slowly turning over in his grave
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005, 10:06:59 AM

Well, the game is fun enough, original enough and stable enough that they can live on as a fringe MMOG - like a mutated City of Heroes which is the game it resembles most. The Matrix franchise is too rusty to bring in the crowds, they really spent too much money marketing MxO - money that could have been spent on redesigning the stupidity of the ranged/close combat modes.

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 10:30:26 AM

Player-named worlds because We don't give a shit. I like it. Let's name one fuzzlecluck.

Only if the other two are named lolnoob and fuxx0r.  Or better yet, name them all after WoW servers.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 11:33:59 AM

It would almost be worth us all getting this game and signing up for a month if we could get one of the servers named Thundercunt.

Well, I'm pretty sure if the entire F13 population signed up and joined one server, we could be the only players on that server.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 29, 2005, 12:27:04 PM

Once the box hits 9.99 I'll be tempted.

Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 29, 2005, 12:34:54 PM

Only if the other two are named lolnoob and fuxx0r.  Or better yet, name them all after WoW servers.

I propose:

Desperation
Bottom Line
Asheron's Call 2

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #13 on: July 29, 2005, 12:39:10 PM

"Me am play gods"
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #14 on: July 29, 2005, 01:05:14 PM

Here is a lady in a bottle:

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #15 on: July 29, 2005, 01:05:37 PM

Rofl.
WayAbvPar

Reply #16 on: July 29, 2005, 01:24:02 PM

And now a woman who has seen the bottom of many a bottle-

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abel
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: July 29, 2005, 03:47:31 PM

Once the box hits 9.99 I'll be tempted.

You've already waited too long ! On the British play.com you can MxO at the amazingly low price of £ 2,99 !!! INCLUDING DELIVERY !!!!!!!!

our price: £2.99 Delivered

availability: In stock.
Usually dispatched within 24 hours.
RRP: £34.99 You save: £32.00 (91%)

Surf at once to http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=stts1&page=title&r=PC&title=556081 and order now  tongue !
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #18 on: July 29, 2005, 04:42:53 PM

How much ass could a sucky game suck if a sucky game could suck ass?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #19 on: July 29, 2005, 05:48:00 PM

Who let Paelos out of his room?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #20 on: July 29, 2005, 06:15:35 PM

Who let Paelos out of his room?

I had to play in a golf tournament. They'll never get me back in my room now! HAHAHA!  evil  :-D

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #21 on: July 29, 2005, 06:43:22 PM

Did you win?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #22 on: July 29, 2005, 07:48:51 PM

It's not over. Three day tourney ending tomorrow.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #23 on: July 29, 2005, 08:07:55 PM

If you don't win, you should just retire to your room in shame.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #24 on: July 29, 2005, 10:10:52 PM

It's ok if you lose Paelos, none of us believed in you away.

"Me am play gods"
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #25 on: July 30, 2005, 08:27:10 AM

Taz!  Shh!  There could be money involved!

So... is there a prize if you win? 

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #26 on: July 30, 2005, 01:22:59 PM

Taz!  Shh!  There could be money involved!

So... is there a prize if you win? 

It was more of a fun tournament than anything. The "prize" was that there was a bartender station on every third hole over the three days. Couple that with food, gifts, and I also stole a couple of tee markers which were actually beer mugs with nice CC logos. Oh, and there was a free Brooks and Dunn concert involved, so that was cool, plus a dinner tonight with an open bar for the awards ceremony.

In short, "winning" has zero to do with my enjoyment in this thing.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #27 on: July 30, 2005, 01:27:35 PM

Go to your room.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: July 30, 2005, 01:32:06 PM

Rationalizing already!

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #29 on: July 30, 2005, 06:43:18 PM

From MxO suckage to Signe punishing poor Paelos?

Boggles the mind, I swear.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #30 on: July 30, 2005, 06:44:23 PM

Suckage and punishment go great together. So long as you're the one doing the punishment.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #31 on: July 31, 2005, 06:51:41 AM

After church I'll be back in my cage for a while.  tongue

WayAbvPar

Reply #32 on: August 01, 2005, 10:30:37 AM

Oh, and there was a free Brooks and Dunn concert involved,

Yikes. I love golf, but that would prevent me from getting anywhere near the tournament.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: MxO merges servers  
Jump to: