Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:46:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Battlegrounds on test servers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Battlegrounds on test servers  (Read 20273 times)
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: May 17, 2005, 04:58:48 PM

It's intentional. That's also why so many mobs have stuns, knockbacks and other stuff that causes aggro lost. Blizzard wants combat to be chaotic in order to keep casters from being bored and increase the value of off-tanks. It's a total pain as a warrior, but from a game balance point of view it makes sense.

That said it seems unwise to get too excited about changes, which may well be bugs, while they're still on test. By definition they are still under examination.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: May 17, 2005, 09:03:28 PM

As a healer I am really noticing my role sucks in pvp.  My experience is small so far.

I find people prefer to solo over grouping around TM.  Since there is no penalty for death in pvp - why share your contribution points by grouping with a healer?  If you die - no big deal - no equipment damage - no penalty whatsoever.

The group I had in TM literally dissolved into soloers - since it seemed they felt there were better rewards soloing in pvp.

Another possibility is that, ignoring my low level (32), is that the damage is so fast and furious in group pvp that healing cannot address this.  Healers in Shadowbane were more effective:  they had group heal over time (more stacking), could wear armor, and there were consequences to death if mates died.

I'll take this further - wouldn't the best pvp team be Pure dps?  Rogues/Mages?  Tactical or support classes just don't seem necessary. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 09:06:22 PM by jpark »

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
chinslim
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: May 17, 2005, 10:22:27 PM

I'll take this further - wouldn't the best pvp team be Pure dps?  Rogues/Mages?  Tactical or support classes just don't seem necessary.

Toughest group I've run into was priest, mage, warrior, and 2 paladins who actually pay attention to healing and dispelling.  With 3 dispels, pvp trinkets, a few Blessings of Protection, you simply cannot crowd control, debuff, nor assist train.  While their dps may not be great, they will outlast you and get the 1st kill in, at which point the 5v4 will tip things their way and you're all OOM from damage dumping.

In group pvp, rogues are usually the 'easy' kills we go for first.  2 or 3 rogues can jump someone in my group, and we can get it under control fast with shields, frost novas, and fears.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: May 18, 2005, 09:08:04 AM

Toughest group I've run into was priest, mage, warrior, and 2 paladins who actually pay attention to healing and dispelling.  With 3 dispels, pvp trinkets, a few Blessings of Protection, you simply cannot crowd control, debuff, nor assist train.  While their dps may not be great, they will outlast you and get the 1st kill in, at which point the 5v4 will tip things their way and you're all OOM from damage dumping.

In group pvp, rogues are usually the 'easy' kills we go for first.  2 or 3 rogues can jump someone in my group, and we can get it under control fast with shields, frost novas, and fears.

That's good to hear.  In this light the high level of coordination required of groups for pvp - when pve groups are so easy - may be the reason why groups are not popular.

"  HaemishM.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #74 on: May 18, 2005, 09:13:22 AM

PvP organization is only necessary for the outnumbered to survive in the TM, XR gankfest. The side with more men just needs to solo zerg everything and they can be effective.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: May 18, 2005, 09:18:06 AM

PvP organization is only necessary for the outnumbered to survive in the TM, XR gankfest. The side with more men just needs to solo zerg everything and they can be effective.

True. 

In this current system it does not matter how many times YOU die, as long as you have killed more times than the mates on your faction.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 12:33:03 PM by jpark »

"  HaemishM.
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #76 on: May 18, 2005, 10:21:50 AM

What exactly are hunters crying about?   I'm guessing most have never played a  mage and you know what Bliz,   take the fucking shooting wand back and fix the goddamn game breaking mage bugs.  Nova is supposed to lock someone in place, not warp them the fuck across my screen so we get a benny hill skit of mele characters chasing some monster around.  I'm afraid to use the spell now for fear of a group wipe that's happened more then once directly because of the frost nova bug.

Oh man, isn't that the truth.  As an ice specced mage, my ice spells have a 15% chance of "freezing" a mob "in place", instantly teleporting them right to me.  Just as bad is the arcane missile bug, which has been around since at least February.
Sogrinaugh
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: May 18, 2005, 01:21:00 PM

Oh man, isn't that the truth.  As an ice specced mage, my ice spells have a 15% chance of "freezing" a mob "in place", instantly teleporting them right to me.  Just as bad is the arcane missile bug, which has been around since at least February.
Fortunately this bug is mostly cosmetic.  Even tho the creep *appears* to warp in front of you, if  you'll notice you can cast and it wont interrupt for a period of time, thats the amount of time the creep is taking to close distance with you.
Amp
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: May 19, 2005, 08:34:51 AM

Sweet so mages are now Illusionists.
Cosmetic or not, its a bad bug.  It spreads your group out as they chase down the warping creature.
It was also happening with frostbolt.

This space for rent.
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #79 on: May 19, 2005, 01:35:12 PM

Fortunately this bug is mostly cosmetic.  Even tho the creep *appears* to warp in front of you, if  you'll notice you can cast and it wont interrupt for a period of time, thats the amount of time the creep is taking to close distance with you.

I hadn't noticed that.  I'll have to check it out.
Amp
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: May 21, 2005, 11:31:17 AM

I tested this last night.  It's not cosmetic.  The creature warps to the mage, and begins attacking.  It shows in the combat log.
I swear I caught it doing the same stupid warp with arcane missles last night, but I coulda just been really drunk.

This space for rent.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #81 on: May 21, 2005, 12:17:46 PM

This happens to any class using a root or stun. I've stopped using Kidney Shot with my rogue in PvE because of the opposite problem - you kidney shot and the mob teleports 30 yards away. Particularly nice when it's a mob with ranged attack as they then come out of stun and shoot/nuke happily from distance.

Major issue, can't understand why it's not fixed.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: May 21, 2005, 06:42:35 PM

Sometimes it is cosmetic, sometimes not... which makes it even worse.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Battlegrounds on test servers  
Jump to: