Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:20:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: So who wants two weeks free? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So who wants two weeks free?  (Read 5096 times)
Glazius
Terracotta Army

on: February 11, 2005, 04:41:25 PM

Cryptic's doing a V-Day promotion - 14 days of CoH, free for the asking from existing subscribers.

Well, sort of.

One code per active sub, I just got it in my email.

http://www.coh.com/newsletter/0502/download_info.html for the info about the use of the promo code. (PROTIP: they want your credit card info.)

Yeah, everybody who gets their code used is entered in some drawing for one of 10 CoV closed beta positions, but even given the subscriber leak them's still going to be long odds.

Dunno what the ratio of people who have a code to people who want one is going to be, so weigh in if either applies.

--GF
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 04:49:04 PM

Another 14 day code going spare in my inbox.

pm me, post in this thread, or communicate via telepathy if you want it.

Oh and a small correction on the above - you only go into the draw if the trial key is converted into a subscription that runs for a minimum of a month after the trial.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 04:51:19 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 05:13:17 PM

Same here, come and get it.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 06:25:15 PM

If you all are going to be doing this just to get into the CoV beta, you have a better chance getting it through f13. Just sayin.'
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 06:28:47 PM

If you all are going to be doing this just to get into the CoV beta, you have a better chance getting it through f13. Just sayin.'

Nah, that's not it. Llike a good ho, I've got to get customers for my daddy.

But shit, as glowing as I've been on these boards, they should be coming to me directly when it comes time to hand out the betas.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #5 on: February 12, 2005, 12:30:53 AM

Eh. I've been playing since the day of release, so I'm promised a spot in beta at some point.  Still, same deal here- if you wanted to try the game out for free, let me know.  But let them know first.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: February 12, 2005, 07:41:03 AM

I'm using the one I received myself.  I'm Twee on Victory because my good German names are all on my defunct account.  I feel sort of selfish, now, so I'll get Righ to use one of these.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 12, 2005, 08:11:24 AM

Can I use one of these to activate my old account or does it have to create a new account?

I feel bad about poor Electron Volt sitting in the home for unemployed super-heros, I mean, do you know how many thousands of baddies he put away single handidly?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Llava
Contributor

Reply #8 on: February 13, 2005, 03:00:02 AM

It does have to be a new account, unfortunately.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #9 on: February 13, 2005, 09:31:35 AM

I've got one of these codes in my email as well. If someone wants it AND will use it, PM me.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #10 on: February 14, 2005, 06:58:44 AM

I got one of these myself. The whole "must be a new account" thing sort of limits who can use it, since everyone I know already subscribed to it once.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #11 on: February 14, 2005, 07:07:24 AM

Also have one, having the same problems giving it away, so if someone wants and will use it, PM me.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #12 on: February 14, 2005, 10:10:38 AM

I think most everyone on this site who will give CoH a try already has.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 14, 2005, 01:06:39 PM

Actually, I could use one. If someone still has one available please PM me! :)

- Viin
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #14 on: February 14, 2005, 01:09:51 PM

I think they are all available.  I think they want you to choose one and pm them.  You want the goodies, you gotta do the grunt work... it's the way of the world.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 14, 2005, 01:11:57 PM

What? Are you crazy? This is the sit-back-and-get-whatever-you-want-future, sister.

Alright alright, I'll PM -ALL- of them and see who is the lucky winner.

- Viin
schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: February 14, 2005, 01:15:50 PM

You called Signe "sister."

I don't see that going over well.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #17 on: February 14, 2005, 01:31:37 PM

It's ok.  At least sister isn't my real name.  Eh, Corey?

Gorky
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 15, 2005, 08:29:48 PM

I have a couple of questions regarding this offer,

1. Is this still open, and does anyone still have an unused key?
2. Will I have to pay the game purchase cost after 14 days if I decide to continue?
3. I am typing this out from India and when I tried the online purchase + download it said that is not available in my region (hence question 2)
4. My average latency to servers outside India is 280-380ms, does this mean that CoH (or any other MMPORG for that matter) will be unplayable?
5. Can I buy game time using an international credit card?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #19 on: March 15, 2005, 10:15:27 PM

I only know the answer to number two which is that you will be billed for whatever subscription plan you chose unless you cancel before the 14 days are up.  You don't have to buy a box to continue.

I have no idea about the rest and can't be arsed to look it up for you.  Maybe you'll get lucky and some kind idiot will do it..  You can just sit there and stare off into space... that's what I plan to do today!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: So who wants two weeks free?  
Jump to: