Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:27:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Mobius Final Fantasy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mobius Final Fantasy  (Read 42399 times)
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 27, 2016, 03:33:07 PM

Screenshot from the top of the event leader board.   Mostly interesting since it shows what some of the top decks currently are.   Looks like eventually I may need to replace Yuna with Fat Chocobo.   Also quite a few people running a single color + 3 support build.

I don't see dropping Heal for Barrier.  I guess you can't upgrade Yuna to four stars, but why not swap to Cait Sith instead, if that's the problem?  Heal seems to have way more effect than Barrier so far, unless you're swimming in pink dots and can keep Barrier up constantly while healing off of pink elemental drives or something.  And I don't even know how single color decks work.  You'd think if you're running barrier, you'd at least want the mirror element so you could element drive and boost defense that way without burning pink mana.

The point of the 1*s is ability-upgrade fodder for the real cards, but the system is pretty complex. Find the 1* that has the Lesser version of your 3*/4*'s ability. Then, augment one of the 1*s to 2* then 3*; the 3* will lose the Lesser and thus be useful for ability upgrading. And once you've augmented one to 3*, they'll all drop as 3* from now on.

Weird, I just buy doubles of three star cards from the store and fuse them.  I'm swimming in ability tickets, and I don't see anything else to spend them on, really.  Might as well just start buying the fully upgraded versions, now that I think of it.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: August 28, 2016, 08:45:18 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure what's so good about barrier.  Maybe it's the barrier + Hades combo.

Replaced my green ranger card with a Wind Pupu and it's WAY better.   I went ahead and maxed him out, just need to unlock the last RNG skill.  Decided since I was in the area that I should do the Ice Pupu as well, so a few hours later I have all my Pupu's at 4*.    Maxing them out is proving to be much harder though.   Each one has 5% so you get a max 25% on each shot.   I've failed the Ice one 4 times.  Still, it seems worth it in case I switch jobs.

Been playing around with farming on hard mode.   I get more skill seeds but the battles take a little longer.   Not sure if it's worth it now or not.  I just have 2 x 6k red skill seed boxes left.   Guess maybe I should look at buying some silver openers.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 28, 2016, 05:25:50 PM

Finally finished Water Pupu on my 6th try.  Hopefully the last 2 are easier, there has to be a better way than this...   Can't imagine how hard my Onion Knight is going to be.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: August 28, 2016, 08:34:18 PM

What's the point of the Pupus? Their ability doesn't seem worth much.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 29, 2016, 07:18:18 AM

The main reason is they all have a +25% resist passive against their own color.  The Pupu's quick cast ability is decent, it gives you free actions on abilities.  After all that, the ability for your normals to do weakness damage for 5 turns against groups of small enemies is pretty good.  Especially for green on knight where there is no warrior card yet.  The only downside is it doesn't give your normal attacks any break power so I cover that with the earth sword skill on Onion Knight which breaks armor even if it's resisted.  Ares flame sword has that ability as well.  Overall it's increased my power substantially over that other hunter 3* green card I was using.

I tried running a hard mode Pupu farming setup of wind and fire Pupu plus my earth sword to break armor.  It's works really well and it's the best spot I've found for farming skill seeds.  Plus the extras sell for 1200 gold if you don't want them, plus you get a decent amount of gold each battle.

Edit:
They also make your ultimate elemental.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 07:45:16 AM by Druzil »
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 29, 2016, 12:29:38 PM

hard mode

Huh, cool.  Didn't realize this was a thing.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: August 29, 2016, 01:56:54 PM

The main reason is they all have a +25% resist passive against their own color.  The Pupu's quick cast ability is decent, it gives you free actions on abilities.  After all that, the ability for your normals to do weakness damage for 5 turns against groups of small enemies is pretty good.  Especially for green on knight where there is no warrior card yet.  The only downside is it doesn't give your normal attacks any break power so I cover that with the earth sword skill on Onion Knight which breaks armor even if it's resisted.  Ares flame sword has that ability as well.  Overall it's increased my power substantially over that other hunter 3* green card I was using.

I tried running a hard mode Pupu farming setup of wind and fire Pupu plus my earth sword to break armor.  It's works really well and it's the best spot I've found for farming skill seeds.  Plus the extras sell for 1200 gold if you don't want them, plus you get a decent amount of gold each battle.

Edit:
They also make your ultimate elemental.

Ahh, I see. Guess I should work on the fire one then, because there isn't a fire ranger card.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 19, 2016, 09:14:04 AM

So I'm down to 3 boxes to go on my 4th Knight tab. 1 box takes like 57k fire seeds.  I'm going to save up for a gold opener for that one.  The other two though take dark seeds and I have no dark seed cards.   I've blown all my ability cards maxing out my deck.  So not really sure what to do at this point.   I already switched my red card to 4* Ifrit just so I could earn some blue seeds.

I had a bunch of summon tickets so I drew another job and got black mage.  Which is great because it has dark seeds but bad because I have no mage cards.  Thinking about drawing two more jobs and hoping to get Dark Knight or some other warrior class with dark where I can at least reuse my warrior cards and only have to get one new card.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: September 20, 2016, 03:06:09 AM

Yeah, I've got six squares left on my Black Mage, and that's after blowing a gold opener to get my X weapon.  I'm probably going to have the magicite to unlock the rest in a week or so.

What's the deal with this multiplayer mode, anyone know?  Looks weird as hell, and all these new support cards that are supposed to go with it have like ten million effects.

The new chocobo area looks kind of like a bust, too.  None of the chocobo cards can be augmented as far as I can see, so I'm not sure why they'd be useful.  The event description claims the gold chocobo is going to be useful in the next tower event, so I figure I may as well level it even though I have no idea how or why it would be better than any of the other barrier cards.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: September 20, 2016, 05:12:31 AM

Multiplayer mode is pretty easy on *. You can either start a party yourself or just queue up to join one; there are 4 roles: Attacker, Breaker, Healer, and Tank. You pick one for yourself if you queue, or you decide what 3 you want if you're forming the party. I tried it on ** once and we got our asses beat. Multiplayer does have it's own Stamina (and levels) so it's at least something to do when you're out of energy for singleplayer. You still get skillseeds and shit for doing it.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: September 20, 2016, 07:05:44 AM

Yeah I made a mistake and used silver openers on the nodes with the highest fire seeds instead realizing I had no way to get dark seeds so I should have used them on those instead and just farmed the fire seeds.  Oh well.   I just re-upped my mobius box so I should be able to spend some on openers here in a few days.

For multiplayer, I did the * Ifrit one a couple times and it didn't seem like it was possible to lose.  I haven't tried the harder one yet.  From glancing at reddit it seems like the cards are not worth it unless maybe you play a Ranger class there are a couple that are ok.  Even then, I don't think they are upgrades.

The Chocobos don't seem great. One good thing though is that Earth sword mobs drop in the new area so I'm trying to get them to 3* so I can hopefully max out my onion knight.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 02, 2016, 04:05:26 PM

Well, my finally filled out my last Black Mage card and promoted him to Archmage.  Now I'm kind of running out of stuff to do.  I could grind up the last card in my deck for when I get some growstars to evolve it, but otherwise I'm just spinning my wheels grinding skillseeds in the off chance that I decide to switch classes for whatever reason.  Every event they toss up you can just waltz straight through if you're level 120+, but there's not much reason to aside from the occasional treasure chest reward that grants something useful, I just end up doing them to put little check boxes in all the circles.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: October 02, 2016, 06:50:21 PM

Same here, I haven't really played in like a week.  I still login every day for like 5 minutes but most of the events aren't too interesting at this point.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 02, 2016, 01:09:48 PM

I still haven't played this since October but I still follow the news occasionally and they are putting out $75 "Legendary" job pulls.  Basically better versions of other jobs that are skinned like an iconic character.  First one is Tidus.

Enjoy!  awesome, for real
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: December 02, 2016, 10:30:16 PM

Yeah, the Tidus thing is stupid.  If they keep doing this it's going to be the reason I leave.  I've still been playing once or twice a day, mostly because they've been pretty good at releasing harder content even if some of it is bullshit, but if all the new jobs are gated behind $100 paywalls, I'm out.  Tidus specifically, I don't give a shit about, but if they charge $100 for, say, Cloud?  Someone, somewhere is going to get stabbed to death by an anime nerd in a T-Shirt with "Actually, it's 'AERITH' with a TH" written on it.  Which is kind of too bad, because other than that, I've liked some of the stuff they've been doing.  Some of the new enemies are more strategic than just "cast magic to weaken the break bar, attack to break, cast magic to kill" and the new areas at least TRY to add some interesting progression mechanics.  I think the side missions have probably had more story than the main story at this point.  And their month of gifts after reaching 8,888,888 players (or whatever it was) had some pretty nice drops in it.  But this Tidus shit is tipping over in to "loot the place before it burns down" territory.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #50 on: December 02, 2016, 10:44:14 PM

On the other hand, at least it's a guaranteed gift after you buy enough magicite. I like that better than the bullshit RNG draws.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: January 06, 2017, 07:57:11 PM

Been dabbling in this for a bit, and  had a few questions:

First:  If I spend ability tickets to buy a card, i should pretty much ALWAYS be maxing the first one I draw, yes? 

Second:  Is there any easier way to level the ability on a named summoned card after you  upgrade it past past 4 stars?  I upgraded one of  my  best 3 star cards to a 4 star, only to find out that it seems the only way to upgrade the rank of the ability the card has is to use a shitload of ability ticket draws to draw more of the same card, and then fuse them and hope you get lucky with your 25% chance at an upgrade (or less).  Am i missing a special item or something?  Cause that seems way too punishing with how relatively rare the ability tickets seem to be.

Third:  I have not yet dabbled in the Sicarius multiplayer.  Is it somewhat friendly to get into as mid level newbie?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #52 on: January 25, 2017, 05:47:11 PM

PC version coming to Steam NA (already out in JP) on February 6th. Can link your mobile account to the PC version and switch between both.

http://www.finalfantasy.jp/mobius/cpn/winNE.html

JP version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPugY3Vf42k

There's also going to be a FF7 Remake tie-in in the game.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #53 on: February 06, 2017, 10:03:05 PM

Might want to wait a bit longer before trying the PC version -- it's apparently very borked (may get Korean version instead of US/Global, save transfers not working, etc.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/5sg8cs/psa_for_those_having_issues_with_the_steam/
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #54 on: August 02, 2017, 08:03:28 AM

1st Anniversary event has started. Launch it every day for free stuff every day till 8/31.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Mobius Final Fantasy  
Jump to: