Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:34:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Sweet Tooth 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sweet Tooth  (Read 1786 times)
slog
Terracotta Army

on: June 09, 2021, 03:18:50 PM

Netflix series.  Spoiler below

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 04:22:48 AM

Ha. I have been watching this a bit and think the casting is great. It's addictive, but falls a bit too much on the "feels like it's for kids" side of "a grown-up story told through child's eyes" (in comparison to say, Stranger Things).

Netflix's output for the past year or so has felt very 6/10 to 7/10, and I'd give this a 7.5/10 so far (I'm a few episodes in).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 04:25:47 AM by Tale »
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 11:39:36 AM

I'm not wild about the source material, so I'll probably give this a pass.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 03:43:54 PM

I really thought this was going to be some kind of Twisted Metal reference based on the name. Finding out its about furries was a huge disappointment.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 06:05:43 PM

I'm not wild about the source material, so I'll probably give this a pass.

It’s so much more life-affirming than the source material. Give it a watch.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 11:55:33 PM

I really thought this was going to be some kind of Twisted Metal reference based on the name. Finding out its about furries was a huge disappointment.

It's not really about furries.

It's a blood-soaked post-apocalyptic story where nature has said "fuck you" to environmental damage by inflicting (simultaneously) a worse-than-covid pandemic and the mystery addition of seemingly random animal DNA to subsequent human babies. They are now born part-bird, part-pig or whatever, some more so than others. Many are abandoned or killed.

Society falls apart, survival cults and gangs emerge, and the animal-human kids are hunted and blamed for the pandemic. The eponymous character is a kid with antlers, partial to candy, raised in safety until....
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 06:31:04 AM

Saw the trailer, looks weird.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #7 on: June 11, 2021, 03:02:38 PM

Society falls apart, survival cults and gangs emerge, and the animal-human kids are hunted and blamed for the pandemic. The eponymous character is a kid with antlers, partial to candy, raised in safety until....
So, it's Bambi with all the animal parts played by furries?

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #8 on: June 11, 2021, 04:48:57 PM

IT’S NOT ABOUT FURRIES.  swamp poop

Though, there are furries in it.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Sweet Tooth  
Jump to: