Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:13:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Blizzcon Announcements 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blizzcon Announcements  (Read 18593 times)
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

on: November 06, 2015, 07:09:49 PM

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 07:08:11 AM

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 06:14:16 AM

This was the first season I played in, and I lasted quit a long time (almost 2 months). I love the idea of seasons and I'm happy to see they might be moving to a more rigid schedule.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 11:03:26 AM

When was the last time Blizzard was able to stick to a schedule.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 08:02:37 PM

To me it looks like they're separating the seasons from the patches / expansions, so it's less of a development schedule and more an in-game events schedule.  IMO, they should make them actual seasons, as in summer, fall, winter, spring, and roll all the holiday events and gifts into them.  Big (in-game and out-of-game) festivities (and promos) at the end of each, presents awarded to the ladder leaders, etc.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 01:55:04 PM

I just jumped back into this a week or so ago, and am loving the Seasons idea. Also loving my U6 monk  DRILLING AND MANLINESS I hope some other classes get a chance to be the ridiculously overpowered Season class to mix things up.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 03:31:20 PM

Barbs are actually more overpowered.  I think.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 03:37:39 PM

Getting 6 set of the Wastes set is hilarious.  It's just SPIN TO WIN. You can start up a rift and just literally hold down one button and clear the entire thing.  Rolling a Uliana's monk isn't rocket science but the barb is just too simple and, honestly, pretty boring.

I need to get the other set sword and then work on the non set stuff.  I can see this thing clearing 5-10 GRifts higher without too much effort, although I doubt it'll hit the absurd paper survivability numbers my monk has.  My monk is pretty hard pressed to get beyond lvl 50-52 GRift solo without rolling an ancient weapon (or serious upgrades elsewhere), because you just don't have the DPS to clear fast enough.  At that point you can't even really kill elites.

-Rasix
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 08:48:22 PM

Yeah, I have a Uliana's monk, but I think I'd cap out at GR45.  Maaaaybe 50 if I paid more attention to rerolling gear.

RIght now I'm working on a Arachyr WD for farming purposes, but the goddamn pieces of the set will not fucking drop.  And Kadala appears to be fresh out of them as well.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 11:26:54 PM

Getting 6 set of the Wastes set is hilarious.  It's just SPIN TO WIN. You can start up a rift and just literally hold down one button and clear the entire thing.  Rolling a Uliana's monk isn't rocket science but the barb is just too simple and, honestly, pretty boring.

I need to get the other set sword and then work on the non set stuff.  I can see this thing clearing 5-10 GRifts higher without too much effort, although I doubt it'll hit the absurd paper survivability numbers my monk has.  My monk is pretty hard pressed to get beyond lvl 50-52 GRift solo without rolling an ancient weapon (or serious upgrades elsewhere), because you just don't have the DPS to clear fast enough.  At that point you can't even really kill elites.
I am finding this problem  has hit me pretty hard on my U6 monk as well.   I just sem to have hit a fairly stiff brick wall at the 50ish mark,  and cant for the life of me seem to get past it.  I am currently considering re-rolling a signifigant chunk of my gear to try a build that does not use Broken Promises, but I cant really think of what would be good to replace it.  I hear some people say Convo of Ele, but I just cant figure out why you would run a build that buffs your pretty much ONLY elemental  damage in a tiny window every 12 seconds, rather then having rediculous uptime on crit almost all the time.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 08:55:16 AM

Yeah, I just got to 6 Wastes the other night and am staring at my other ability buttons wondering what passives I should put in there... there's almost no scenario where whirlwind isn't the right choice (not that I'm complaining).

On the upcoming announcements, a few comments
1. Re-Starting Existing Heroes in a new campaign is a good idea, but I fail to see how it is a better idea than adding new heroes for $9 or $19 dollars each.  Have your HotS moneyhats fallen down over your eyes?
2. While I like the Seasons (for now... without new heroes I'm probably out after next season - where I'll re-do my original Paladin and maybe do a Wizard), why is there not some sort of metagame for the non-season crew?
3. The Cube? Fix it.  The idea of carrying materials around and physically (in a virtual sense) slotting them was stupid the first time you abandoned it... you can have the rare pleasure of abandoning a stupid idea twice.
4. And, while you're under the hood fixing the Cube, maybe the cube buffs would be better done on the skills window.  If you are worried about changing Cube buffs in GR or on the fly, lock them down so that changes can only be made in town (or overland)... making me go touch the Cube again is dumb.  You're starting to make me wonder whence this Cube fetish - we get it, you like the Cube; now move on, you're starting to creep me out.
5. Buffs, I'd like to be able to see my cube buffs somewhere other than at the bottom of the Details tab.
6. Other stuff... call me if interested.
WayAbvPar

Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 09:10:15 AM

Getting 6 set of the Wastes set is hilarious.  It's just SPIN TO WIN. You can start up a rift and just literally hold down one button and clear the entire thing.  Rolling a Uliana's monk isn't rocket science but the barb is just too simple and, honestly, pretty boring.

I need to get the other set sword and then work on the non set stuff.  I can see this thing clearing 5-10 GRifts higher without too much effort, although I doubt it'll hit the absurd paper survivability numbers my monk has.  My monk is pretty hard pressed to get beyond lvl 50-52 GRift solo without rolling an ancient weapon (or serious upgrades elsewhere), because you just don't have the DPS to clear fast enough.  At that point you can't even really kill elites.
I am finding this problem  has hit me pretty hard on my U6 monk as well.   I just sem to have hit a fairly stiff brick wall at the 50ish mark,  and cant for the life of me seem to get past it.  I am currently considering re-rolling a signifigant chunk of my gear to try a build that does not use Broken Promises, but I cant really think of what would be good to replace it.  I hear some people say Convo of Ele, but I just cant figure out why you would run a build that buffs your pretty much ONLY elemental  damage in a tiny window every 12 seconds, rather then having rediculous uptime on crit almost all the time.

This is my monk. I just ran a T7= GR this morning (31 maybe?), and it was a bit of a struggle (I think I died 3 times to elite pack overpulls). I never saw my cubed weapon proc go off, so I am wondering if that even works. I also don't think I am getting the most out of T&R because my only spender is SSS. It is just too handy to have all the other skills there to add in Way of Light or something. Any suggestions on how to upgrade? I definitely need to gear up my Enchantress and would like to find a legendary Lion's Claw, but not sure what else to do. Probably need Hellfire goodies?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 10:43:07 AM

I am 50% certain that not just cubed effects are bugged and do not always apply in a game. There's got to be some way the stacking or debuff applying aren't working properly.

When I was leveling my gems to 25 for the season journey I entered a greater rift where I was struggling to kill anything at all. It was only Tier 27 and I'd been happily killing with few problems at 30 the night before. I had dropped 3 levels to "take it easy" since my gems were only ~20ish. 

I quit that game and started another and I was back to absolutely destroying all the mobs. No other changes except a restart of the game. Mobs began exploding as expected again, while in the prior rift they were acting as if Exploding Palm was never applying then being exploded at all.  It's damned annoying and I've run into it a few times.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 12, 2015, 12:12:39 AM

This is my monk. I just ran a T7= GR this morning (31 maybe?), and it was a bit of a struggle (I think I died 3 times to elite pack overpulls). I never saw my cubed weapon proc go off, so I am wondering if that even works. I also don't think I am getting the most out of T&R because my only spender is SSS. It is just too handy to have all the other skills there to add in Way of Light or something. Any suggestions on how to upgrade? I definitely need to gear up my Enchantress and would like to find a legendary Lion's Claw, but not sure what else to do. Probably need Hellfire goodies?
Your monk doesnt look too bad, but you are missing the three things that are almost mandatory to make U6 viable.  You REALLY need a Fist of Az and Lions Claw to make the build work, as both of those together are a simply MASSIVE upgrade in damage.  Those two weapons alone offer a nearly 150-200% damage increase simply through their passive effects.   After that, you need Flow of Eternity for your cubed weapon,  as the cooldown reduction it gives to SSS is just incredible.

You are also going to want to look for the Belt and Bracers i currently have equipped, as those are going to be pretty hefty sources of Damage Mitigation at higher rift levels.

My monk looks something like: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SurfD-1675/hero/67031662

Currently, the main problem I find on my monk is that I am pretty squishy when I dont have epiphany running, even with all the other DR buffs i can get. 

As most higher end builds almost always emphasize getting as much CdR as possible, throwing a maxxed out diamond in your helm would prob be a good idea as well.   I think with my ccurrent build,  SSS has a 7 or 8 second cooldown.

Another thing worth noting (as to why I curently  have the Madstone Cuebed instead of the GGear) is that appearently multiple monks can not stack the same type of EP on a mob, and you can not detonate another Monks EP with the U6 bonus. So if you end up in a group with another U6 monk, one of you may spend a lot of time flopping around like a dead fish SSSing into effectively no damage.  Madstone automatically applies EP, and then detonates it due to U6, for every hit of SSS.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 12:24:56 AM by SurfD »

WayAbvPar

Reply #14 on: November 12, 2015, 11:16:52 AM

I am absolutely on the lookout for weapon upgrades (those in particular). I leveled up the legendary gem that adds damage to previously hit opponents and +25% to bosses/RGs (Bane of the Stricken or something), and that got me over the hump of killing Malthael for a T7 bounty, but I am still hunting for gear. Don't even get me started on Kadala. We are no longer on speaking terms.

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 12, 2015, 12:20:18 PM

Kadala has been a stingy bitch for me this season.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #16 on: November 12, 2015, 12:38:37 PM

I had more luck with upgrading weapons than with Kadala. Consider my detailed posts on that frustration for a bit.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #17 on: November 12, 2015, 12:57:03 PM

I have the full Ulinas build, but I seem to be capping out around 52.  I can probably go a little further, but it's such a slog.  Guess only way to go further is to get ancient versions of everything, heh.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
WayAbvPar

Reply #18 on: November 12, 2015, 02:43:25 PM

I am looking for ancient upgrades to all my armor slots, better (1 handed) weapons (or a Spirit of the Dragon or something), and plan to grind up all my legendary gems to usefulness status. Also need to do the Hellfire shit. Anyone wanna do a machine farming then organ farming session?

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 12, 2015, 05:02:25 PM

I have the full Ulinas build, but I seem to be capping out around 52.  I can probably go a little further, but it's such a slog.  Guess only way to go further is to get ancient versions of everything, heh.
Yeah, this  is the problem that i seem to have hit too.  I am  pretty sure i ccould go a bit higher, but I need a pair of Unity Rings to make solo  rifts viable at that level,  and so far I am stuck  with just one.   Sadly,  since there are literally like 50 different rings I can roll legendary on, I dont think the Cube is a good fallback there (like it was with Daibos), and Kadala is just being un-cooperative as usual.  I mean, hell, i think I have about 3 full sets for the Wailing Host + a half a dozen foccus / restraint, at this point, but no seccond  unity.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #20 on: November 12, 2015, 07:31:06 PM

Dropping the CoE cube would hurt, although I don't think I'm getting great use of it now.  With how many frigging buffs I have, I can never tell when the ring's on cold so I can take advantage of it.  Of course, I think I have CDs low enough that I'm firing off a SSS during every rotation of the ring.  /shrug

I'm unwilling to grind out ancients.  Fallout 4's here anyhow.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Blizzcon Announcements  
Jump to: