Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:36:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Wakfu 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wakfu  (Read 8831 times)
Aez
Terracotta Army

on: June 22, 2008, 09:20:35 AM

Anyone got news on this game?  I found a 2007 thread I didn't want to necro.  I played Dofus-Arena for a while, it's a little gem.
The features list is great, I hope the game will live up to it.

http://game.wakfu.com/en/features/
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 04:19:14 PM

Talk about a set of games I really want to enjoy. Unfortunately being all shockwave/flash makes it sluggish and unfun.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 06:32:28 AM

Talk about a set of games I really want to enjoy. Unfortunately being all shockwave/flash makes it sluggish and unfun.

Give credit where credit is due. They have a very complicated flash client, that runs VERY WELL for what it is, and considering it is flash. I was completely impressed by the performance they are able to achieve with such a complicated flash application.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 06:33:21 AM

Yea, impressive. Still a fucking flash game though.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 08:16:50 AM

Yea, impressive. Still a fucking flash game though.

Yeah, and a lot of people will never notice or know that when playing, and, talk about market penetration.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Scold
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 10:45:27 AM

This is F2P on Steam now! http://store.steampowered.com/app/215080/ Looks interesting...
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 02:03:55 PM

The features list sounds cool; going to download and have a look.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 02:11:29 PM

Even if people don't play the game, I recommend the show. The first season of Wakfu is one of the top shows of all time. Nox is one of the best villains ever.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 04:31:45 PM

I subbed for a month a while back. There are a ton of interesting features that make it worth looking into, but as far as I could tell there's not much game there once you get out of the newbie zone. It's a shame because the ecosystem stuff feels like the beginnings of something cool, the translation of SRPG mechanics into an MMO is pretty good, and the class design is some of the most creative I've ever seen, but it's all wrapped around a sort of generic MMO grindfest. Game needs carrots badly.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 08:37:09 PM

I got in on this 'cause a good starter pack was on sale on Steam for the black Friday stuff and I love me my turn based strategy.  I'm not far enough in to have a very complete picture yet, as evidently it goes up to Disgaea-ish levels with characters maxing around 200, but so far it's a very clever setup that's impressed me with the thoughtful touches on a low-budget MMORPG.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 07:21:43 AM

>Disgaea-ish levels
>Around 200
Ahem.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 09:16:27 PM

Okay, fair enough.  Still higher than most RPGs go.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 11:34:00 PM

A friend got deep into it last month and he said you can get to 50 pretty quickly (no idea what that means) and that 50+ is really fun if you can get 3 people.

I keep meaning to try to dig into it but haven't found the willpower yet.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 01:15:45 PM

I believe the level cap is 160, so 50 is the low end of mid-level.  It's pretty much the point at which a character is fleshed out and the player has a good grip on how to play it.  I'm at 36 now and still having a good time, the core stuff for my character is solid now and I can really enjoy the fights without having to stop and read tooltips to see what the hell I'm doing.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Wakfu  
Jump to: