Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:18:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Person of Interest 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Person of Interest  (Read 9257 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #35 on: December 17, 2013, 06:01:23 PM

Surely you fucking jest. The Equalizer was nowhere near this deep.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 18, 2013, 04:34:08 AM

He is only 7 episodes in, at the start it was very much a modern Equalizer.  That show was a long time ago and I can't remember if it ever went beyond a case of the week format like this show has.
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 18, 2013, 12:32:15 PM

He is only 7 episodes in, at the start it was very much a modern Equalizer.  That show was a long time ago and I can't remember if it ever went beyond a case of the week format like this show has.

This is what I was hoping to hear, thanks.  I'll keep going.

I wouldn't call it bad so far, just case of the week stuff never grabs me. 

Why don't you try our other games?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #38 on: December 18, 2013, 02:01:53 PM

I wouldn't still be watching if it was the same thing as the equalizer.

Last night just upped the ante big time.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 18, 2013, 06:53:12 PM

I remember watching for a handful of weeks and thinking they were dragging character development to far, and then the very next week after that thought they turned the "oh shit are you seeing this" factor up to 11.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: December 31, 2013, 10:30:29 AM

Into season 2 now.  Totally hooked.

Why don't you try our other games?
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 07, 2014, 09:51:42 PM

The writers for this show are so damn good. Easily my favorite show in the last decade.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #42 on: January 08, 2014, 06:44:50 AM

I like it a lot, too.  I thought they might be getting rid of Reese (?) but I see he's on next week.  That's good.  I wasn't sure about him at first but now I definitely think the show benefits from his intensity.  The only other stuff I remember him from was an episode of  some show I didn't like with Ian McKellen and when he played Jesus which I only saw about a half hour of because they babbled like crazy people and I noticed that it was going to be about a million hours long.  Stupid Mel Gibson.  I love, Love, LOVE the new woman's character so far.  Still not so sure about Fred.  That could be a place where they might fuck up.  Dunno.  Hope not.

Yes, I know I babble too so shuddup.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #43 on: January 08, 2014, 10:39:54 PM

"Hammer time"

Shaw is by far my favorite addition to the show. Root is crazy awesome in her own way and Finch needs to figure out how to get her back in the swing. Reese? The show needs his intensity.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #44 on: January 10, 2014, 03:55:32 PM

This show is REALLY.....REALLY.....REALLY impressive. The cast act like a single entity, writing is above average for a mainstream network and, more importantly, for this kind of hybrid procedural/serial drama.

The way the writers are constantly shuffling the deck always surprise me.

Shaw, yes, might sometime be excessive in her comic relief/stereotype personality, but damn, she's quite funny. Amy Acker and her character are more and more interesting.

Michael Emerson...Well, he's Micheal fuckin' Emerson: "ad honorem" Emmy.

Btw, on a more important and serious note:

+

=

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:17:54 PM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #45 on: May 13, 2014, 08:02:22 PM

Oh, holy shit that season-ender.

Triax
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: May 14, 2014, 02:29:51 AM

Oh, holy shit that season-ender.

well said, this show's writing continues to escalate in how they manage the arcs and threads.  I can't believe this is on a broadcast network.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #47 on: May 14, 2014, 03:57:45 PM

My question now is, where do they go from there? That ending changed the whole complexion and premise of the show. You can't put pandora back in the box.

Triax
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: May 16, 2014, 03:45:48 AM

My question now is, where do they go from there? That ending changed the whole complexion and premise of the show. You can't put pandora back in the box.

"You are being watched. The government has a secret system —a machine— that spies on you every hour of every day..."
...and we are hiding from that same machine.  I'm rather impressed that they took such a bold move to flip the premise on it's head and put them on the outside.  Additionally, "Northern Lights" is still operational, so I suspect the new season(s) will involve them attempting to either coopt or undermine Samaitan and Decima, whilst being hunted and still attempting to protect the non-relevants they're given.

I fear that the show writers will take the lazy route of having the machines merge/comingle and creating a new AI, as that would be the easy way out in my book.  The show's thrown some interesting twists I didn't see coming until much later than I'd have thought.  Also, Shaw has grown on me, wasn't so sure about her in the beginning.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: May 16, 2014, 08:11:22 AM

Maybe they will name it Helios.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Person of Interest  
Jump to: