Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:17:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Back to Life, Back to Reality 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Back to Life, Back to Reality  (Read 1142 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

on: March 01, 2005, 07:53:44 AM

Quick background on moi (I know you all are fascinated by my history):

I have recently finished my enlistment with the military, serving 5 1/2 In the US Airforce. I spent the last 2 years overseas, and returned to the U.S. about 24 hours ago (Virginia to be precise).  I worked in the IT sector, and will shortly be job searching soon.  Now for the topic:

How did people deal with job transition?  What roads did you follow, how satisfying was the change, and what would you do differant when pursuing a new avenue of life?  After being sheltered by Uncle Sam for years it is quiet a daunting task for me, and am curious as to how people handled things. 

Maybe I'll start a nifty blog and track how things progress once my 'puter arrives.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 08:12:04 AM

I'm sure you'll have no problem.  You must be very talented to be posting at all with no computer. 

I think you should start a nifty blog, too! 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 09:27:47 AM

I went to college.  Very easy transition.  After the workday I was accustomed to in the Marines showing up to class every day and doing my homework on time were trivial.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 12:20:12 PM

And if not school check with the 5 star program and get on as IT on a base close to home or at an ALC like robins. You military time will count toward retirement so you should be just switching from military pay to civilian pay which is a nice bump. :-D

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 12:42:23 PM

And if not school check with the 5 star program and get on as IT on a base close to home or at an ALC like robins. You military time will count toward retirement so you should be just switching from military pay to civilian pay which is a nice bump. :-D

This is the back up plan.  I am looking into corporate work right now so as to provide a challenge.  God bless our government but it is dull work with lots of worthless fucktards.  Might as well get the bling bling if I am going to deal with stupid people.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Back to Life, Back to Reality  
Jump to: