Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:27:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Sins of a Dark Age (Ironclad Games) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sins of a Dark Age (Ironclad Games)  (Read 1023 times)
Malakili
Terracotta Army

on: August 03, 2012, 07:52:59 PM

http://www.sinsofadarkage.com/

ns of a Dark Age is a ‘Hero and Commander Strategy’ Game. In short, you will join an online team consisting of one Commander and a small group of Heroes who work together to accomplish a specific scenario goal. Your team will go head-to-head against an enemy team in a short, fast-paced multiplayer match or you’ll work cooperatively against the AI in custom scenarios. You can earn rewards for yourself and your clan, climb the ranks, and watch and share your most glorious replays online. You’ll be able to choose from an ever-growing pool of heroes, commanders and factions each of which supports unique capabilities.

Choose the Hero role and you’ll face the enemy on the front lines as the most inspiring and powerful member of a mighty army. Your success in battle will be well rewarded with experience, unique abilities, and game changing items that will make you an ever greater symbol of power on the battlefield and a critical rallying point for your commander’s army.

Choose the Commander role to devise the master plan for your empire: you’ll oversee your grand army in an epic battle against your most voracious enemies. As Commander, you’re responsible for building your base, directing your peons and carefully positioning your defenses. It’s up to you to properly train your units and use them to support your team’s Heroes in calculated assaults on enemy positions and to capture key resources. The Commander role allows you to call upon larger-than-life ‘Realm Powers’ to turn the tide of battle.

I like Ironclad, and this sounds like an interesting concept.  Kind of a MOBA meets the commander/team model of Natural Selection by the sound of things.  I really like the idea of a commander role in  games, and think it is a mechanic that has been underexplored, so I look forward to seeing what they do with it.   On the downside, it could certainly lead to a game where if you get paired with a bad commander, your entire team is hosed.

Anyway, any interest in this from anyone else?
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 08:24:00 PM

Yeah, could be cool.  The videos make the art look depressingly generic, but maybe that'll change.  The commander mechanic is generally fairly fun in games when I've seen it.

Mostly what catches my interest is the co-op mode, since LoL effectively killed my enthusiasm for competitive team games.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 09:31:09 AM

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 10:29:17 AM

Yea, similar to Savage as well for sure.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 11:42:51 AM

Clicked hoping for a sequel to Sins of a Solar Empire. nvm.

cry

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Sins of a Dark Age (Ironclad Games)  
Jump to: