Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:09:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Ubisoft Uplay may allow remote access through browser 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ubisoft Uplay may allow remote access through browser  (Read 7700 times)
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 01, 2012, 02:23:41 PM

D3 was never intended to be a single-player game through any part of its development process. That's where the expectations gap started.

I'm not sure why I'd care about that.  If Ubisoft intended all through their development process to force players to save games online, that's not going to change my opinion of their DRM. 

I don't see much difference between Blizzard artificially mandating that D3 be an "all online, all the time" game and Ubisoft mandating that their titles be all online all the time.  If you want to play either game multiplayer, you're going to be connected to the internet anyway, and if you wanted to play it single player, you're going to be equally inconvenienced by the online only requirement no matter which company you're going with. 

The idea that they couldn't do an offline Diablo game is just about as unlikely to me as the idea that they couldn't design Assassin's Creed in such a way that it could work without cloud saves.  Blizzard chose not to, obviously, but that doesn't mean their choice is any more valid than Ubisoft's, to me.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #36 on: August 01, 2012, 02:42:00 PM

You should care because intent is a very huge part of the consumer-company relationship. I believe the difference between Blizzard's online only thing and Ubisoft's online only thing is intent. Not just the company's intent, but the perceived intent of their actions.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #37 on: August 01, 2012, 05:15:33 PM

Which shit is less smellier of the two?

Brown shit or Yellow shit.

Hmm. They're both shit.

Oh yay.

C'mon guys. We're in this together.

Torrent that shit.

Fight da powah.

why so serious?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: August 01, 2012, 05:43:22 PM

Too much effort. Thanks to steam I have enough games from developers not trying to screw me over I can just ignore the developers who do.

The only painful part is you know we'll see Ubisoft doing press releases saying the reason their sales are tanking is due to piracy  swamp poop

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 01, 2012, 11:15:03 PM

The Always Online of Diablo 3 wasn't accepted because it was integral to the game, it was endured because people thought Diablo would be that good of a game.

No game Ubisoft has to offer has that "must play" quality.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 02, 2012, 02:34:51 AM

Diablo's implementation is worse. At least the ubisoft version doesn't require a latency penalty when you want to play single-player or have to break its single-player loot model to convince you need a player driven auction house to enjoy the game.

... they're both retarded and reason enough not to buy the game though.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: August 02, 2012, 02:51:15 AM

We didn't know that when Diablo 3 came out, though. And we still trusted Blizzard.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #42 on: August 02, 2012, 06:34:09 AM

I actually like the AH idea, even though the implementation of it wasn't good enough due to the loot issues.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 02, 2012, 08:38:00 AM

I still think the loot issues are a direct result of itemization with the AH in mind, but this is getting off-topic.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: August 02, 2012, 10:32:10 AM

Diablo's implementation is worse. At least the ubisoft version doesn't require a latency penalty when you want to play single-player or have to break its single-player loot model to convince you need a player driven auction house to enjoy the game.

... they're both retarded and reason enough not to buy the game though.
This.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Ubisoft Uplay may allow remote access through browser  
Jump to: