Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:10:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: New Server, New Names 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Server, New Names  (Read 17297 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: June 29, 2012, 07:59:31 AM

Dude, if you slam GW2 it's just to be an iconoclast.  It may not be for some people, but railing against a game that is doing everything right when we bitch endlessly about choices for other games is silly. tongue

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #36 on: June 29, 2012, 08:51:06 AM

Where's my unicorn mount?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #37 on: June 29, 2012, 09:44:46 AM

Dude, if you slam GW2 it's just to be an iconoclast.  It may not be for some people, but railing against a game that is doing everything right when we bitch endlessly about choices for other games is silly. tongue

Nah, I slam it just because it leaves me cold. The gameplay I can kind of get behind but the rest is just.... meh.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #38 on: June 29, 2012, 11:01:03 AM

game that is doing everything right

If they're doing everything right where are my heroes and my skill hunting?  tongue

Surly slamming GW2 would be exactly as meaningful as people who've never played SWTOR railing about it - which I suspect is the point. Actually it might be more meaningful, if he tried it during a beta weekend...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:03:07 AM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: June 29, 2012, 11:05:17 AM

I disagree.  I'm much more of an achiever than an explorer so there are a lot of design decisions they made for this game that really leaves me cold.  Plus whatever they did between the first beta weekend and the second has made it nearly impossible for the game to run on my computer even at the very lowest settings due to how often it crashes on me.  So that makes it very easy to take a pass.

Over and out.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #40 on: June 29, 2012, 11:50:09 AM

I'm much more of an achiever than an explorer so there are a lot of design decisions they made for this game that really leaves me cold. 
Hulk Rock
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: June 29, 2012, 12:33:24 PM

I've been bitten several times by the rename dog, sadly. Most infuriatingly of all, my Legacy name is taken; Catari... wat?

Asha Catari is a prominent NPC in Rift. Maybe that's what happened?

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: July 01, 2012, 04:19:57 AM

I've been bitten several times by the rename dog, sadly. Most infuriatingly of all, my Legacy name is taken; Catari... wat?

Asha Catari is a prominent NPC in Rift. Maybe that's what happened?

It's certainly possible. Nevermore also pointed out to me that the Catari were an ancient tribe of Veneti peoples living in pre-Roman northern Italy. It's odd how coming up with what seems like a random but pleasing jumble of letters actually correlates to reality somewhere.

Sadly, I'm still searching for a new Legacy name.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: July 18, 2012, 09:53:03 AM

Should probably post this for anyone who might still retry the game.  You can use characters with accents/umlauts/etc for names.  Go to your start menu then type "character map" and launch it.   You can find the alt+codes in there.

ë : alt+0235
ü : alt+0252
ä : alt+0228
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #44 on: July 18, 2012, 11:43:38 AM

On a related note, I should also point out that Slap has a long-standing 'if I can't type it you don't get invited' policy.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: July 18, 2012, 12:19:33 PM

One which almost caused a crisis, but the crises was averted!   Spinning star

Over and out.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: July 18, 2012, 11:58:34 PM

Should probably post this for anyone who might still retry the game.  You can use characters with accents/umlauts/etc for names.  Go to your start menu then type "character map" and launch it.   You can find the alt+codes in there.

ë : alt+0235
ü : alt+0252
ä : alt+0228

At least on xp you need to type charmap not character map.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: New Server, New Names  
Jump to: