Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:25:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Goon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goon  (Read 1644 times)
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

on: April 02, 2012, 09:10:40 PM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1456635/

It came out last year sometime and actually made it to theaters in some countries (not the US). It just recently hit some theaters here, but on a very limited scale. They're also advertising it as available On-Demand currently.

Even if you don't like hockey, this is a very good movie. It's funny, full of fighting, and the characters are so damn like-able.

I'd probably gives this one a solid 8/10. One of the better sports movies I've seen in a long long time.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sytVoTYFT08
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:20:04 PM by Ozzu »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 09:34:38 AM

Welp, that's in my Netflix queue.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 06:42:59 PM

Saw this about a month ago. Fucking loved it.

Seann William Scott AND Liev Schrieber? Playing enforcers on minor league hockey teams? Fuck yeah.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 07:02:18 AM

This is up on netflix now, and thanks for recommending this way back.  I hate seann williams scott for the most part, but he nailed this one.  Fantastic movie.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 07:06:33 AM

Enjoyed the movie more than I thought I would.  It's a fun and mindless sporting romp with Seann Williams Scott doing some decent acting.  Oh yeah... and hockey with Canadian accents!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 06:08:02 AM

I watched this last night. I thought it was pretty good but could have done without the Jay Baruchel character.

Professional Forum Lurker.
WayAbvPar

Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 12:36:14 PM

Was waiting for this to hit Netflix instant queue, then forgot about it. Will definitely watch this weekend.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 09:42:56 PM

I watched this last night. I thought it was pretty good but could have done without the Jay Baruchel character.

That can be said about almost every movie Jay Baruchel is in.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
WayAbvPar

Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 12:55:36 PM

It was rough around the edges and obviously done on a budget, but it was amusing. The 'out in the parking lot giving herpes to some single mother' line killed me.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Goon  
Jump to: