Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 03:47:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: I Am Legend 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I Am Legend  (Read 11582 times)
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: February 21, 2012, 10:45:47 AM

Ghostrider is getting a sequel as much to keep the rights from reverting back to marvel as anything.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #36 on: February 21, 2012, 05:44:29 PM

I heard a story on NPR some time last year that indicated lots of movies that flop in the US do phenomenally worldwide.   That's why Ghostrider is getting a sequel, for example.

Very common.  Like that movie about the cruise ship hit by a huge wave.  Total failure in the states- HUGE over seas.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #37 on: February 21, 2012, 05:49:26 PM

Head scratch
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #38 on: February 21, 2012, 06:14:11 PM

Ghostrider is getting a sequel as much to keep the rights from reverting back to marvel as anything.

Because if it lost as much as the US wanted to believe it did, it totally makes sense to make another just to be vindictive?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #39 on: February 21, 2012, 06:15:39 PM

Head scratch

Poseidon. 

The film grossed a disappointing $22,155,410 on its opening weekend for an average of $6,232 from 3,555 theaters, failing to knock Mission: Impossible III from the top of the box office.[7] Warner Bros. President and Chief Operating Officer Alan F. Horn called the results, "very, very disappointing". Poseidon went on to generate $60,674,817 in the United States, and $121,000,000 in foreign markets, for a combined total gross of $181,674,817.[8]

The film holds a Guinness World Record for having the most detailed CG model in a film. The exterior shots included 181,579 individual objects, including 382 cabins, 876 portholes, 73 towels, and 681 deck chairs

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #40 on: February 21, 2012, 06:18:05 PM

Ah, thanks. I blocked that one from my memory.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #41 on: February 21, 2012, 06:20:22 PM

Ah, thanks. I blocked that one from my memory.

I thought I had, but it came back.  With vengeance.

You owe me.

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 21, 2012, 08:13:45 PM

Eh, I liked I Am Legend, but I think the ending was super weak, and so I can't say I'm interested in a sequel.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: February 26, 2012, 09:21:31 AM

Well, this didn't deserve another thread, so I will just say that I am thoroughly disappointed that this is getting a sequel...

http://www.optionated.com/2012/02/will-smiths-i-am-legend-continues/

I liked the last paragraph

So far none of the film adaptations have remained true to the book. In the book version, it turns out that all the infected are getting over their monstrous tendencies and becoming civilized. As Neville is the only human on Earth, he’s public enemy number one as he’s been slaughtering them all that time. They actually capture him, imprison him and sentence him to be executed. This is where Neville finally realizes that even though the infected appear to be the boogeymen of horror stories, it’s him who’s become their nightmare as the last human. Too bad Hollywood tends to change this ending; it’s as if we’re not allowed to see ourselves as the problem. There can be a lot to learn from endings like this.

The last words spoken by Neville in the book, “Full circle. A new terror born in death. A new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I Am Legend”

If they used that ending then that might justify a sequel. They will be serving ice in the cocktail lounge of hell before that would get the green light though.

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: I Am Legend  
Jump to: