Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:06:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Playoffs (Semi-finals) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#5 - Playoffs (Semi-finals)  (Read 2518 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: January 11, 2012, 05:01:40 AM

We are currently Playing.....
Playoffs (Semi-finals)
** All games have to be played BEFORE January 21th 2012 **

** All games have to be played BEFORE January 21th 2012 **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 03:56:36 PM

Comstar and I have played our Semi-Final match, for those interested in checking out the replay. Summary of some kind later.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 03:56:45 PM

It was amazing how one sided the injury rolls were. One team ended with 4 KO'ed, 3 BH vs 1 KO and 1 BH that was apoed, and another KO apoced.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 02:12:37 PM

Wow...and this is after I massacred ICE's team early in the season, right?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 02:14:06 PM

That amazon armor was due for breakage obviously.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 02:17:46 PM

Wow...and this is after I massacred ICE's team early in the season, right?

Yeah, apparently my team got all of their injuries out of the way early in the season.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 04:23:02 PM

So... any chance of our game getting approved/verified?
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 03:36:07 AM

Carnifex, can you play this weekend? I never see you on steam and when i do you never reply.
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 06:46:38 AM

I should be able to play this weekend.  I can play just about any time other than 9pm-7am pst with a day or two notice if you wanted to play earlier than that.  I can be kind of bad about remembering to change my status when I go to sleep/work, so sorry for that.
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 09:28:42 AM

The final semi-final has been played, the elves saw through in a 2-1 win via overtime. A close call, but luckily the elves were able to see it through.

Next up, an all elven bullshit final. Can the Icecream stay cool, or will he melt under the pressure?
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 09:29:35 AM

Paper Armour Dolls 2-1 Carnifex's Cripplers in overtime. 

I went with Slibli, who is my favourite star player in the game, and a wizard.  The first half I kicked the ball and Andy kicked my team all over the pitch before scoring on turn 8.  Think he got 4 kos, 3 to block/guard saurus' and the fourth to my star +ag/str block skink, who was the only one that hadn't recovered to start the 2nd. 

Second half started with me turtling up in the middle of the pitch and trying to advance slowly against Andy's great defense.  After a few turns he managed to break my cage, forcing me to run it up the right side with a few less saurus than I would have liked.  He eventually got a good hit on my ball carrier, only to have the ball bounce and actually get caught by Slibli of all players  awesome, for real  Slibli managed to run it a bit further up the pitch with 2 skinks for wingers.  Andy knocked one of the skinks out, but blocked the 2nd one with a witch elf who rolled and rerolled a skull on the 2nd hit (the first one pushed her next to Slibli for the guard and 1 die instead of 2 die block).  This gave me the chance to hand off to the skink who ran in the td on turn 16 to force ot.  I got a good lightning bolt on his ball carrier on turn 18 and managed to pick up the ball inside a tackle zone with an unskilled skink, but was too far out of position to protect him in any way.  Andy pushed my skink out of bounds and got a great throw in from the crowd (his team was well enough positioned there were really only a few places that would have been bad throw ins for him), leading to an eventual turn 20 td to win the game.

All in all it was a fun and well played game.  I'm happy to have gotten as far as I did this season and can't really feel bad losing to an opponent who played as well as Andy did.

PS Sorry ICE, Andy's team is fully intact for the playoffs despite my best efforts.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 11:02:02 AM

So it's elves v. elves?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 01:11:34 PM

yea its dark elves vs wood elves. tv 1700 vs 2150ish
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Playoffs (Semi-finals)  
Jump to: