Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:26:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Horns & Hooves *Season 2* Day Six 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Horns & Hooves *Season 2* Day Six  (Read 6776 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #35 on: January 10, 2012, 12:28:34 PM

I should be around tonight yeah.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: January 10, 2012, 06:18:25 PM

Waitsing over the rooskies, 3-0.  We had to do a reset after Bann crashed hard in the first turn after suffering an injury, a portent of things to come.  I got the ball first and moved upfield with some resistance, although I don't know if Bann ever got control of the ball away from me, just knocked it loose a few times.  Scored on turn 6, I think we were at an injury each for the next kickoff.

After a failed block resulted in a turnover the next kickoff for the Cosmos, I blitzed the ball free and ran in for a quick score before the half to make it 2-0.

Bann was down 3 dudes at this point, and the second half kick saw him outnumbered and outgunned by the elder goats.  After a bit of messing around I ran in my third score on turn 14.  I had a chance to pass one in for a fourth score, but guard goats don't pass so well and the ball scattered about to end the match.

Edit: woo, playoffs!

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 07:08:41 PM by avaia »
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #37 on: January 10, 2012, 08:53:37 PM

Goats 1 - 1 Sheep

We both had spates of bad luck and good luck.  I nearly scored on my fifth round, but the ball was blitzed loose and I failed to pick it up twice in Ingmar's endzone.  The ball then bounced out of bounds and into an area clear of my goats.  Ingmar nearly scored by running it back but failed two dodges in the key play that would've cemented a TD.  The first half ended scoreless.

Ingmar scored quickly in the second half with his passer living up to his role and I was able to run a TD back with Cold Water, who now has claws and block, in the final turn to pull off the equalizer.  Very few injuries.  I think Ingmar got two of them on me and Ingmar only suffered a badly hurt from a failed dodge.

I have advanced the day, but I won't be making the Day 7 post until tomorrow.  You can play your matches already if you want though.  The playoff picture hasn't cemented yet, but some people have won berths.  Looking forward to a post-season, and I'll organize something for those who aren't in the play-offs if there is demand.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Horns & Hooves *Season 2* Day Six  
Jump to: