Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:18:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#5 - Game Day #4  (Read 28941 times)
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: November 07, 2011, 03:21:17 PM

Validated some more games, but there are a couple that aren't uploaded on BBManager so I am not gonna validate that yet. You know who you are. Fix the issue, please.

So... what was the problem with my and eldaec's game, then?  Ohhhhh, I see.

I need mah moneys!

I see me & Celer up there too!   Rabble rabble rabble!   Heart
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #141 on: November 07, 2011, 03:52:24 PM

Feminists beat Ogre brutes chauvinists 3 - 0

Virginia Woolf levels up, achieves level 4 AND loses 1 point in STR.

Now, take a look at her. Believe it or not, I am tempted to keep her.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 03:54:38 PM by Falconeer »

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: November 07, 2011, 04:55:54 PM

Feminists beat Ogre brutes chauvinists 3 - 0

Virginia Woolf levels up, achieves level 4 AND loses 1 point in STR.

Now, take a look at her. Believe it or not, I am tempted to keep her.

Awww, she's like a really slow GR, with bad armor and poor agility! Goblin who has only rolled doubles.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:57:36 PM by lamaros »
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #143 on: November 07, 2011, 08:57:58 PM

Wish she was in my division. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #144 on: November 07, 2011, 09:05:33 PM

For real, I want her on Comstar's team.

God Save the Horn Players
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #145 on: November 07, 2011, 10:14:15 PM

Insatiable 0 - 1 Bleating

Failed to score at the end of the first half on a failed hand-off (with a rr to spare), and then choked the Lightning Bolt in the second to knock down the ball Goat.

Oh and 10k for winnings.

fffffff

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #146 on: November 07, 2011, 10:34:23 PM

Woo, I lost fan factor on the tie!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: November 07, 2011, 10:36:05 PM

Darn Megrim, that puts the cat among the pigeons.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #148 on: November 08, 2011, 03:31:27 AM

It is my pleasure to make things interesting for other people. If I was looking for consistent results, I wouldn't be playing Vampires.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Strazos

Reply #149 on: November 08, 2011, 08:49:16 AM

So then...who is left? Would be sweet to get 1 more game in Tonight or tomorrow before. I might be able to play Friday or Saturday, but I'll have to use a buddy's PC for that.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #150 on: November 08, 2011, 09:02:01 AM

Cancklebiter vs Drogg

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #151 on: November 08, 2011, 09:02:54 AM

Did the skillups on my two players that leveled this last game. One is a linerat that will miss the next game, but he rolled double 4's. I was SO tempted to take Foul Appearance (the one that makes you roll a 2+ to block him) but took guard instead. I've just found that to be too useful for front line troops. My other level was a gutter runner who is now level 4 with block, jump up and wrestle.

Block and wrestle is an odd combo to get, especially in the first few skills. Sidestep is great with block, diving tackle is great with jump up, dauntless and strip ball and tackle are great with wrestle.

I like being able to choose wrestle (if I'm facing a guy who has block) or the choice to knock down someone without block. Plus with blodging, my chances of turnovers/knockdowns are really low.

EDIT: And holy shit, with Megrim's loss that means a 3 teams with 6 points in Cthulu, with my games against those 2 still to be played.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:05:48 AM by HaemishM »

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: November 08, 2011, 09:45:12 AM

Yarr,  motherfucker!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: November 08, 2011, 09:46:16 AM

And losing by Megrim in the next game will suck me back in that meatgrinder.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #154 on: November 08, 2011, 11:01:31 AM

Yarr,  motherfucker!

Skitter, skitter, stab, bitchcakes!

Strazos

Reply #155 on: November 08, 2011, 01:15:56 PM

Looks like only Drogg and Cancklebiter left - any update on that match? I saw from an earlier posting that there were connection issues.

Would be super awesome to resolve that tonight, as I'm available on my own PC tomorrow evening (or even late tonight). May be able to use a friend's friday/saturday night, but no idea when...after that will be no-go for me.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
Cancklebiter
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: November 08, 2011, 11:29:35 PM

Looks like only Drogg and Cancklebiter left - any update on that match? I saw from an earlier posting that there were connection issues.

Would be super awesome to resolve that tonight, as I'm available on my own PC tomorrow evening (or even late tonight). May be able to use a friend's friday/saturday night, but no idea when...after that will be no-go for me.  Ohhhhh, I see.

We're going to try again tonight.
Strazos

Reply #157 on: November 09, 2011, 06:11:53 PM

Not to be a nag, but...

Are we there yet? Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #158 on: November 09, 2011, 07:51:51 PM

Does saying "bah" after rolling triple skulls versus a snotling count?

I had lots of fun in our match and that you remember this is  awesome, for real

I can't remember you complaining, whinging or otherwise, about anything in our match.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #159 on: November 09, 2011, 08:12:38 PM

I believe I complained your +agi ogre was a bastard.  why so serious?

That game was a fun one, even though my stupid wizard fizzled. NEVER FORGET.

God Save the Horn Players
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: November 09, 2011, 10:06:40 PM

Not to be a nag, but...

Are we there yet? Ohhhhh, I see.
i didn't see canckle online today  cry  his situation is that he can only play on his work computer, so he can't install hamachi or try another network; he was going to try and use iain's computer but iain was out of town, i believe.  i'm still in the same black hole i was in against sir T.  apparently canckle was able to play sir T, though, so maybe i'm the odd one out?  i don't want to keep being the problem child here if i can at all help it..

edit: canckle and i have only tried the once.  maybe our second attempt will go better? i have friday, so maybe that'll collude with his wacky euro time zone.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 10:09:01 PM by drogg »
Strazos

Reply #161 on: November 09, 2011, 10:11:19 PM

Sorry, I know I'm nagging. Not really anyone else's fault that I'm moving overseas to a place where internet at home is fairly rare.

Fear the Backstab!
Reborne
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: November 09, 2011, 10:41:56 PM

I believe I complained your +agi ogre was a bastard.  why so serious?

That game was a fun one, even though my stupid wizard fizzled. NEVER FORGET.

I don't take insults to my team as complaining, more as validation that I've coached them into something memorable  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

In other news, sorry to everyone for a lack of game write up, I played before going to work and haven't really spent time at home since.
With the release of Skyrim, there is a good chance that my girlfriend is going to be all over my computer for the next <insert time period>

No one is watching at work right now though so...

Wrestlers 0 - 3 Femenists

My memory is a little vague, I remember an odd lack of boneheads, like one every now and then rather than the crippling that happens a lot of the time.

There was a nice piece of Amazon bullshit where someone ducked in between 4 Ogres, picked up the ball then passed it down the field (while still between 4 Ogres and Sid failed to intercept :(  )

My Ogres are still not big on actually hurting their opponents, other than a few accidents which lead to the one downed girl who was almost killed by the apothacary and now is on show in this thread.

The really amazing thing for me was that I got inducements!
only 10,000 but it was still a shock.

I won 0gp from this game (+10,000 winnings, -10,000 due to high TV)

I remember thinking that the game was fun but mostly unremarkable.

Also, more people in my division need to learn the joy of chatting while you play :P

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: November 09, 2011, 11:07:40 PM

We can chat away while you pound my rats to mush. I will be so garrulous you'll wish you never said that!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: November 09, 2011, 11:37:23 PM

Sorry for not being chattier, Reborne. As I said I had someone in the room with me and she was patiently enduring my scheduled game while totally around for different reasons.

About the bullshit, the pass wasn't that weird, my thrower has 4 Agi and Nerves of Steel, meaning the marking didn't affect her throw. The pickup though, and entering the marked zone totally was, and that happened due to a double 6 (with Dodge), I am pretty sure, unless Nerves of Steel affect pickups too which I don't believe is the case. So yeah, still bullshit, but it was Turn 7 I think so it had to be tried.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #165 on: November 10, 2011, 06:10:08 AM

I didn't see canckle online today  cry  his situation is that he can only play on his work computer, so he can't install hamachi or try another network; he was going to try and use iain's computer but iain was out of town, i believe.

I was supposed to be out of town but then I scrapped that plan so if you aren't able to connect on Friday then Cancklebiter can wander round here (I live about 500 metres from our office) and try.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: November 10, 2011, 11:05:10 AM

thanks iain!  i'll take a break from skyrim to give it a shot whenever you guys have time.
Reborne
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: November 10, 2011, 03:04:59 PM

Sorry for not being chattier, Reborne. As I said I had someone in the room with me and she was patiently enduring my scheduled game while totally around for different reasons.

About the bullshit, the pass wasn't that weird, my thrower has 4 Agi and Nerves of Steel, meaning the marking didn't affect her throw. The pickup though, and entering the marked zone totally was, and that happened due to a double 6 (with Dodge), I am pretty sure, unless Nerves of Steel affect pickups too which I don't believe is the case. So yeah, still bullshit, but it was Turn 7 I think so it had to be tried.

No problems Falc, just the 3rd quiet match I've had in a row :)
I enjoy playing with everyone here and talking to people while you're play really does enhance the game.
I hope your friend was understanding.

I should have put "Amazon bullshit" in quotes as that is what you called it just after you scored :P

Lamaros, I look forward to it but I highly doubt you have much to worry about, my Ogres are all for show.
It's only on occasion that mistakes are made and the kill someone.  swamp poop

Strazos

Reply #168 on: November 11, 2011, 11:19:26 AM

Still have a chance to get in a game Tonight or Tomorrow if we can advance the day. MAYBE Sunday as well, but that would require a bit of acrobatics.

Could also play Monday night, if I had a PC to use in NYC.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: November 11, 2011, 01:07:28 PM

second try worked, 2-1 HHB over the skeletons.  canckle's uploading the match now.

edit: to be more verbose, canckle took ramtut and proceeded to smack my line around like they were red headed stepchildren, including one point where he blitzed a lone skill-less skeleton into my kroxigor and stunned him.  my morale was fading quickly, but i managed to eke out an early score from some skink happy feet, though canckle scored and the end of my receiving half just to keep me anxious.  second half i started with a blitz on the amassed undead and managed to disorient his ballcarriers enough to let the ball get trapped in another scrum, which after a turn of great rolls on my half ended up giving me a clear break to the end zone with a saurus.  canckle tried to blitz at the last minute with a ghoul but diving tackle saved the day.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 01:11:06 PM by drogg »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #4  
Jump to: