Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:08:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Crysis 2 - Be the Weapon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crysis 2 - Be the Weapon  (Read 14038 times)
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: June 15, 2011, 03:04:50 AM

The fuck....?  Why... why would you do this?  Why would anyone do this?  I can see "only on ORIGIN!" for the first month or so before releasing it other places, but releasing it on Steam, waiting a quarter year and then moving it over to their own homebrew distro is supposed to do what, exactly?  Because I can't think of it accomplishing anything other than losing sales.  Nobody is going to switch to Origin for this now, they'll lose anyone who was going to impulse buy it from Steam, along with anyone who was waiting for a Steam sale.

Every goddamn time I see the letters EA now, it's because they're dicking around with this Origin thing, and I have to downgrade the probability of my buying SWTOR.  It's getting depressing.

EDIT: I also note the game is sill available on D2D, anyway, what the fuck.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 03:07:21 AM by Kail »
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: June 15, 2011, 03:15:46 AM

Apparently they weren't 'complete' artards in removing it, as people who bought the game prior to removal can still download and install it via their games list.  You just can't buy new copies off Steam anymore.

As for being still on D2D, they're owned by IGN.  IGN makes reviews that make their games look pretty as long as someone's getting paid.  So, yeah, there's that.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: June 15, 2011, 04:06:29 AM

On the plus side, since Crysis 2 won't go on steam sale that means I'll never feel obligated to buy it now.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #108 on: June 15, 2011, 05:57:31 AM

I wrote a post last week, then deleted it because it was a stupid question. 

I was going to ask what the probability was of EA pulling all their games from other digital distributors to maximize their presence for their games, but I realized that would be a stupid business move and never asked the question.  I mean, you want those extra distributors so that you get a wider audience, right?  Why cut out potential business?

Also, I'm with Malakili.  No reason to buy Crysis 2 on Steam sale this summer/xmas now, and I'm actually okay with that.  Hell, SWTOR is a 50% chance for me buying it now and I used to be the MMOking. 
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: June 15, 2011, 06:03:21 AM

No Crysis 2 then. Their loss, not mine.

If I was dubious about Origin before, now I'm sure they can't offer a game good enough so I will buy it there. That dick kind of move shouldn't be rewarded. I guess I'll read here how the Mass Effect Saga ends if they go Origin only with it.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #110 on: June 15, 2011, 01:19:24 PM

So people dont have to read two threads on the same topic.

EA Says it was Valve who dumped Crysis 2.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #111 on: June 15, 2011, 11:21:26 PM

interesting....

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #112 on: June 15, 2011, 11:51:52 PM

I don't suppose they could divulge what these "new rules" are, and why they don't apply to the other EA games. And I wouldn't mind getting an explanation of why the origin page used to say "only on origin", while now it doesn't.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #113 on: June 15, 2011, 11:57:05 PM

Give it time to play out...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: May 30, 2012, 04:02:06 PM

NECRO:

So, after all that noise, Crysis 2 bounces back over to Steam in the form of Crysis 2: Maximum Edition.  Not sure WTF is going on here, it's not showing up on the front page, and it's got a listed release date of March 2011, but whatever.  I'm not sure if this is a sign of EA's giving up on Origin or what, since there's still no sign of Dragon Age 2 or The Old Republic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Crysis 2 - Be the Weapon  
Jump to: