Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:55:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Brooklyn 99 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brooklyn 99  (Read 6408 times)
Shannow
Terracotta Army

on: February 17, 2014, 03:57:49 PM

Been binge watching this thru ondemand. Anyone else watch this? I'm not sure if it deserved a Golden Globe but it is f'ing funny.

I also have a crush on Amy Santiago.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 04:01:20 PM

I think it's easily one of the funniest shows on tv.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 04:57:13 PM

Been watching it since its premiere.  Fun, funny and I agree Santiago is a lil fox.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 05:15:41 PM

They show is basically parks and rec except with cops.  It's hilarious and I'm so glad samberg plays it a bit more low key than I was expecting.  The whole show just feels like it's set in the "hot rod" universe and I love that.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 05:18:45 PM

I thought I was the only person who liked Hot Rod. Really funny movie. (And Isla Fisher is cute)

Been watching this show since the start, it's good. The only thing I don't like about it is that the characters feel a little slight. The Parks and Rec characters were very silly but still felt at least somewhat real, these characters feel a bit like when they walk out of frame they stop existing.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 06:38:56 PM

Been watching since the beginning because my co-worker's brother is the post-production supervisor so I felt the need to toss at least one ratings point his way.  I was very happy it's been as good as it has been. It should do even better now that they're moving it to after New Girl.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 07:27:20 PM

The Parks and Rec characters were very silly but still felt at least somewhat real, these characters feel a bit like when they walk out of frame they stop existing.

I don't think I watched parks and rec in their first season but this does seem like a season one issue for a lot of ensemble casts.  As long as the characters are somewhat interesting I think they can be expanded on.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 10:03:50 PM

They show is basically parks and rec except with cops.

Explain.

beer geek.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 10:35:43 PM

It's done by some of the Parks and Rec people and is another ensemble workplace-centric single-camera comedy.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 10:51:07 PM

Single Camera is the default right now, especially for comedies. Ensemble workplace? Nothing new about that, either. Might as well say this is like WKRP.

Brooklyn Nine Nine doesn't share the "documented" style thing from The Office and Parks and Rec. Of course, Parks and rec doesn't really ACKNOWLEDGE that it's a documentary thing, besides the fourth-wall busting stuff.

All that being said, Brooklyn Nine Nine is easily one of the best shows on TV. It is passing Parks and Rec for me more often than not, but I think that may have something to do with the current "staleness" of PnR for me.

beer geek.
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 07:42:46 AM

Parls and Rec isn't funny...This is, Samberg killing it, unlike that unfunny and old hat Tina Fey/Lorne Michaels clique that sunk NBC.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 08:04:36 AM

Parls and Rec isn't funny...This is, Samberg killing it, unlike that unfunny and old hat Tina Fey/Lorne Michaels clique that sunk NBC.

Your opinion is now suspect.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 02:22:04 PM

The first 3 seasons of 30 Rock were amazing. The later seasons had some good stuff but suffered from long arcs that were just poor concepts.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 04:02:01 PM

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 07:48:20 PM

"The Full Boyle".  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 09:05:07 AM

I started watching this, it's pretty damn funny. I've always liked Samberg though, so it's not surprising that I enjoy it. The only character I dislike is Carol Cheryl whatever the secretary's name is.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 11:47:38 AM

yeah too tryhard, reminds me of most parks and rec characters.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 04:21:31 PM

Second season just as good as the first. Be watching.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 04:42:35 PM

Braugher, Crews, and Samberg are the main reasons I watch this.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 07, 2015, 03:52:40 AM

Finished season two at last. I love this show, and I'm not sure I'd compare it to Parks and Rec (I really didn't enjoy P+R).

This show is cleverer than most, and avoids the American sitcom staple of comedy-through-awkwardness, which I can deal with in small doses, but tends to grate on me after a while. I think a big achievement of the show is to give Andy Samberg room to be fucking hilarious while reigning in his potential to become a complete caricature. He's definitely the main character, but his personality doesn't squash the rest of the cast. Highlights have definitely been the Halloween Episodes, but by and large it's all great.

Andre Braugher also kills it at least once an episode.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #20 on: June 09, 2015, 08:05:42 AM

Andre Braugher also kills it at least once an episode.
I often repeat the intro to one episode where he comes in with an injured wrist and confides in Peralta that he was hula hooping.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because no one will ever believe you."

*Deletes pictures, grins.*
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #21 on: June 10, 2015, 07:41:35 AM

My favorite episode so far is when they try to have the getaway at the beach house in December, but the Captain shows up and they try to do shifts with him at the party.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 18, 2015, 01:09:21 AM

Are any of you guys watching season 3 of this? Because it's bloody fantastic.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 18, 2015, 09:50:43 AM

Oh yeah. Never miss it.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 18, 2015, 10:19:37 AM

Yeah! Season 2 was a bit hit and miss. But season three has been basically on point throughout.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 18, 2015, 04:37:18 PM

Yeah! Season 2 was a bit hit and miss. But season three has been basically on point throughout.

Agreed. Season 2 had too much relationship stuff and not enough everything else, this season is a lot better.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Brooklyn 99  
Jump to: