Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:01:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Failoffs 1/4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#4 - Failoffs 1/4  (Read 4076 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: July 23, 2011, 10:36:21 AM

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 10:37:01 AM

We are currently Playing.....
Failoff, 1/4 Finals
** All games have to be played BEFORE July 31th 2011 **

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 10:37:30 AM

Before July 31st.

Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 03:38:15 PM

Chemilcal Elvers 0 - 2 Dandies

The elves left their armor at home this match. I believe I started the match with a strength/guard advantage, and I broke alot of armor which had a snowball effect. Took the opening kick up through the middle for a quick score, managed to hold at half while bashing. Celar's lack of luck on the armor dice infected the rest of his rolls in the 2nd half. There were turnovers on dodges and short passes, and the armor kept on breaking. Walked in a 2nd score on turn 16.

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 03:57:57 PM

My Chemical Elvers were utterly trounced by the Dandies, 2-0.  But it wasn't that close.  By the end of turn 12, I had about 6 elves left on the pitch, and they were caged IN.  The Humans enjoyed a 52% success rate with blocks, breaking armor 17/32 times, and the elves were failing handoffs.  At one point even my AG5 guy failed a dodge.  Total domination.

The first half featured the Humans receiving and getting into a tight cage.  The elves overcommitted to the cage, getting 2 markers next to the ball carrier and a couple backups, figuring Diving Tackle would prevent the non-agile humans from dodging away.  However, the ball carrier had AG4 and rolled a 6 anyway, and the elves were left in the dust.  Only one elf was in range, but the 1d block resulted in an Attacker Down and it was quickly 1-0 Dandies.  The elves somehow failed a handoff on the ensuing drive and the ball fell into the middle of a scrum.  The humans put 2 TZs on the ball and figured that was enough protection.  However, they did not count on the heroics of AG5, who easily dodged INTO the 2 TZs, picked up the ball, made 2 more dodges, then passed the ball and got it way upfield.  However the Humans got enough bodies back (even with an accidental "End Turn") to prevent a score and took the 1-0 lead into halftime.

The single elf KO did not wake up, and by that time 3 elves were in the casualty pit.  They received and caged up, but were unable to even make a chip in the human defensive wall since both guard elfs were injured.  Some risky dodges got a couple elves through, but the response was to casualty one of them and then have the ogre DODGE INTO the cage (4 TZs) and knock the ball carrier on his back.  At that point, the humans were able to put a cage around the cage, and have bodies on the stray elves outside it.  Still, elf chicanery allowed the ballcarrier (a blodger) to dodge free, but he was killed (thank goodness I saved the apoc) on the next block and that was it for the Elf season.

Very frustrating... I want to blame the dice, but even outnumbered elves should be able to score.  It was going alright until the ogre busted into my cage and caused everyone to get surrounded... it may have been better for me to spread out more, but at that point I was way too short on bodies for that.  A poor way to end the season, but the Elvers shall return in force next year!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 08:11:32 AM

Somehow, I beat Ironwood 2-1, and I am now 2 steps away from being the LOSAR.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 04:04:18 PM

Silver Horde 2 - 1 Peace Dogs

Strange game, first half was full of the usual elf bullshit. Dogs scoring on turn 2, Horde equalising and then managing to defend the last couple of turns.

Second half was a thing of beauty, Dogs largely decimated and reduced to a single elf on the pitch at one point. It is possible the armour dice were hating on Haemish, but I prefer to think of it as the universe giving elves what they are long overdue.

Truckle the Uncivil, Detritus, and Mrs Cake all level up.

Bruce the Hoon misses the next match.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 04:38:14 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 06:45:23 PM

What Eldaec said. My complete inability to HURT enough players, as well as Elven fragility killed me this game. I thought my defense was decent the first half, lots of screening meant to delay him that worked until I used my wizard. It blasted everyone AROUND the ball carrier, including my guy, but left him completely alone and unmarked. One GFI and he scores to tie it at 1-1. Second half was attrition and the Elves just couldn't stay upright. Everybody on the Norse side of the pitch having SOME skill, especially all the frenzying made a huge difference. Elf escapes one block only to get hammered to the ground on the second block. Even so, I still managed some CRAZY shit on the 16th turn - Vhanilla Mist, a completely new, virgin lineelf made three dodges and a GFI to roll a 1d blitz on the ball carrier right at the goal line. He knocks the carrier down, ball goes into the crowd and is thrown close enough to one of my blitzers. The blitzer dodges, picks up the ball and throws it to my last remaining catcher up field but still in my half. Would have been amazing if he hadn't been 3d blocked into oblivion the next turn. I managed to get it to overtime, but by the time it was over, I had one fucking guy on the pitch. He made a brave attempt but nothing he could do. Game over. The Peace Dogs are most likely officially retired.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 06:29:36 AM

Yeah, his frenzying was obnoxious!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 09:44:07 AM

As of just now...

Frenzy      Block       Mighty Blow   Claw
DetritusYesYesYes
Caleb the RipperYesYesYes
Mrs CakeYesYes
Nijel the DestroyerYesYesYes
Bruce the HoonYesYes

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 10:04:23 AM

As of just now...

Frenzy      Block       Mighty Blow   Claw
DetritusYesYesYes
Caleb the RipperYesYesYes
Mrs CakeYesYes
Nijel the DestroyerYesYesYes
Bruce the HoonYesYes

And AV7 on all of those guys, right? Maybe I can trim that list down to size a bit in the next round.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 10:36:38 AM

For most of those guys its AV8, frenzy guys get first call on the body armour.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 10:44:56 AM

Looks like Ginaz and I are the final fail.  We will be playing tonight.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 09:29:50 PM

1-0 Necco Waivers over Slann the Mann.  The key factors in this one was my skinks getting knocked off the field (1 dead, 2 injured) early and often as well as a few of my Saurus.  His werewolfs did a lot of damage with tackle and strip ball as each time it looked like my skinks might break through he got to them and knocked the ball loose.  On a high comedy note, my wizard's lighting bolt killed his lvl 4 ghoul.  awesome, for real

Edit: And it looks like my dead skink got the MVP. Argh!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:32:31 PM by Ginaz »
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 09:35:57 PM

Yeah, as stated, Tombsnatcher falls victim to the wizard's bolt.  Ghouls are just a skink with rotting flesh, after all...  why so serious?

Zee stats...

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 12:47:09 AM

Avaia, you are up next  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 06:05:19 AM

You better bitch at yourself for not uploading your match to BBM first!  why so serious?
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 06:26:06 AM

Really another great opportunity to bitch about Cyanide. I bet if they opened the game up for mods it would be properly skinned and running great with proper house rules (like no dead or star player MVPs) in weeks.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 06:32:04 AM

Ridiculously enough, my match is not on BBManager. I could blame elves for that, but chances are I'm just an idiot. I'll upload it as soon as I get home, and I'll advance the day. THEN, you will die.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 07:36:33 AM

Really another great opportunity to bitch about Cyanide. I bet if they opened the game up for mods it would be properly skinned and running great with proper house rules (like no dead or star player MVPs) in weeks.

I really think you underestimate the capacity of people, even f13 people, to sperg out at even the suggestion of deviation from LRB. Fuck all blitz modes. Nuffle is supposed to ass fuck you at every opportunity.

(that said, coaches picking their own MVP is an alternate rule listed in LRB)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 07:40:17 AM by eldaec »

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 07:40:21 AM

Cyanide is not the one blocking mods here, it is Games Workshop.  They are pretty heavy handed with their IP, which of course is within their rights.
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 08:41:39 AM

Because Cyanide wouldn't want someone to make a game that is BASICALLY a copy of existing IP... sounds like something that they as a company would be philosophically opposed to.   Ohhhhh, I see.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Failoffs 1/4  
Jump to: