Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:12:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Don't Rape. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don't Rape.  (Read 13412 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #35 on: June 21, 2011, 04:54:04 PM

So it's a slice-chop?  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #36 on: June 21, 2011, 05:10:33 PM

Random lady farmer knows how to use a sickle.

And she's not going to be some willowy chick that can't fuck a dude up, either.

God Save the Horn Players
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #37 on: June 21, 2011, 05:41:38 PM

Random lady farmer knows how to use a sickle. Seriously, I'm not kidding, with just a bit of training and no particular strength, I could cleanly whack through a 1 inch thick tree trunk with the right swing and angle. And no, I am NOT confusing it with a scythe. I'm talking about the usual sickle you see on the hammer and sickle soviet flag. There's a reason its designed the way it is. The curve of the blade at the top slices into the wood/brush/neck and carries on slicing through the curve of the blade with the full force of your swing. As the curve gets more acute, it acts as a chopping mechanism. So its slice to chop in one fell swoop.

This.  Its curved for a reason.

A single slice would easily take off 30-50% of the neck - one or two more strokes to complete. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #38 on: June 21, 2011, 07:57:31 PM

I've cut through some fairly thick bamboo with a katana, I'm pretty sure she could do the same or more with a sickle or kama that was expressly made for that kinda shit.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: June 21, 2011, 10:06:36 PM

Did she get his quickening?

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 21, 2011, 10:16:58 PM

A single slice would easily take off 30-50% of the neck - one or two more strokes to complete.

And a tip impact would have a wound profile not dissimilar to a strike from a war pick.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #41 on: June 22, 2011, 05:33:37 AM

Sooo.. 1d4?
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: June 22, 2011, 06:26:25 AM

Sooo.. 1d4?

This was a vorpal sickle.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: June 22, 2011, 07:46:15 AM

Sooo.. 1d4?
Call it 1d6, 19-20, x3 crit. Definite exotic weapon profiency needed.

If she was a farmer, we'd say she probably had weapon focus (sickle) and possible weapon finesse (sickle) and a good chance of improved critical (sickle).

They were both commoners, so that gives him what -- maybe 12 hit points, max? So if she got in a crit we're talking 12 to 15 points of damage, on average, depending on her str bonus. Definite one-shot.

Probably should nerf sickles before some drow starts dual-wielding them.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 07:47:47 AM by Morat20 »
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #44 on: June 22, 2011, 08:32:54 AM

How easy / hard it would be to go through a human neck depends on the type / construction of the sickle.

I googled 'indian sickle' and found this:

Looks solid enough to me to take someone's head off with a little bit of dedication.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #45 on: June 22, 2011, 08:50:43 AM

Yeah, the sickle used by a rural indian farm peasant probably isn't going to be built the same as the one we would go into Home Depot and buy. The version we buy has a blade about an inch wide, eight inches long, and weighs half a pound at most. That thing looks like it was made out a chunk of a ships hull a seventy-five years ago, weighs a couple of pounds and has been passed down through the family. With an unobstructed swing my four year old could behead someone with it. I especially like that the end of the handle looks like a wooden dildo.

Also, equating a farming sickle and a kukri is bad.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #46 on: June 22, 2011, 11:56:19 AM

Sooo.. 1d4?

If she was a farmer, we'd say she probably had weapon focus (sickle) and possible weapon finesse (sickle) and a good chance of improved critical (sickle).

They were both commoners, so that gives him what -- maybe 12 hit points, max? So if she got in a crit we're talking 12 to 15 points of damage, on average, depending on her str bonus. Definite one-shot.

No need, they're already right there in the 3e weapon chart. d6/x2, simple weapon.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: June 22, 2011, 12:42:57 PM

No need, they're already right there in the 3e weapon chart. d6/x2, simple weapon.
That picture and those stats don't match. :)
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: June 22, 2011, 02:17:59 PM

Also, equating a farming sickle and a kukri is bad.

Clearly I'm totally off-base there.  It's not like the one tool is is a direct evolutionary descendant of the other or anything.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #49 on: June 23, 2011, 06:31:28 AM

Discussions like this are why f13 is so awesome.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #50 on: June 23, 2011, 08:23:57 AM

Um..... wow.   ACK!
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: June 23, 2011, 09:16:56 AM

Um..... wow.   ACK!
If it helps, I've always viewed hit points as more of a "Propensity to get the fuck out of the way" than "health". Your level 20 epic warrior has the hit points to, technically, take a ballista bolt to the chest.

No human is going to survive that. Instead, your level 20 guy is far more fucking likely to have not been there insofar as he's had years of learning to get out of the way of death.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: June 23, 2011, 01:17:39 PM

Cows are considered sacred by Hindus who don't eat beef but it's not illegal to slaughter cows in India - although former Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee did make such a proposal back in 2003 (Source) Illegally killing a cow in India may lead to a hefty fine and jail sentence but so does illegally killing one in the UK.

It is illegal to kill cows in Nepal (a Hindu kingdom) though.

You need to go fix Wikipedia then.  A simple google search is opposed to your quote above.  Maybe banned and illegal are different?  Some states as opposed to all states?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_in_religion

Cow slaughter is banned except in the states of Kerala, West Bengal and the seven north eastern states.[19] Cows are routinely shipped to these states for slaughter, even though it is illegal to transport cows for slaughter across provincial borders.[20] Many illegal slaughterhouses operate in large cities such as Chennai and Mumbai. While there are approximately 3,600 slaughterhouses operating legally in India, there are estimated to be over 30,000 illegal slaughterhouses.[21] Efforts to close them down have so far been largely unsuccessful.

I'm not really opposed to the idea that slaughtering wandering cows in India where most the population wouldn't like it is illegal.   Unless they are rapists that is.  Then they deserve the sickle.
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: June 23, 2011, 03:02:45 PM

Fuck, next time I rape I will make sure to wear metal collar. You just can never be too safe.

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #54 on: June 23, 2011, 03:56:28 PM

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: June 23, 2011, 05:29:17 PM

Um..... wow.   ACK!
If it helps, I've always viewed hit points as more of a "Propensity to get the fuck out of the way" than "health". Your level 20 epic warrior has the hit points to, technically, take a ballista bolt to the chest.

No human is going to survive that. Instead, your level 20 guy is far more fucking likely to have not been there insofar as he's had years of learning to get out of the way of death.

Ow! You hit me in the dodge!  awesome, for real

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #56 on: June 24, 2011, 01:25:09 AM

Have some potions of dodge-healing.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #57 on: June 24, 2011, 01:33:38 AM

But what level is that rapist? Is his hit die is so low that he died to one crit?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #58 on: June 24, 2011, 01:40:13 AM

Nerds. awesome, for real

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #59 on: June 24, 2011, 06:08:52 AM

I'm just waiting for the gridded terrain pics.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: June 24, 2011, 07:55:28 AM

But what level is that rapist? Is his hit die is so low that he died to one crit?

Duh, commoner. Or else the PC's would have been brought in. I suppose she could be a first-level fighter. I mean, they have to start somewhere.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #61 on: June 24, 2011, 09:02:57 AM

It was obviously a level 1 encounter. She then looted his body and went immediately to the markets to dump trash items.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #62 on: June 24, 2011, 09:31:40 AM

It was obviously a level 1 encounter. She then looted his body and went immediately to the markets to dump trash items.

I gotta think that a HEAD would be a quest item for something though... Can't really craft with it so no value there - though it could be grey...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: June 24, 2011, 09:36:04 AM

I gotta think that a HEAD would be a quest item for something though... Can't really craft with it so no value there - though it could be grey...

I think Sean Connery gives that quest.   Ohhhhh, I see.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Don't Rape.  
Jump to: