Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:56:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Snowtown 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Snowtown  (Read 1277 times)
Wasted
Terracotta Army

on: June 06, 2011, 09:40:13 PM

Don't know if this movie is playing outside of Australia. Snowtown is about the Bodies in the Barrel case.

Very well made film, very hard to watch.  I'm local to where this happened (and shot) so seeing a lot of locations I recognise in the film probably adds to the whole feeling of unease I had while watching it.  If I was watching this at home I probably would have stopped half way for a break it was getting pretty uncomfortable, there was a time in the cinema I almost felt like leaving.

A lot of dread and mistrust between the characters, lots of overcast and dark shots, or shots framed though a doorway like your peeking in.  Some of the most jarring things in the movie is the way a television will be playing in the background with some recognisable moments, like Tony Grieg talking about a Boonie print, or Rex Hunt doing his Yibbida Yibbida sign off, whilst the most horrible scenes are playing out.

Worth the watch, but its a tough slog.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 12:54:26 AM

The Snowtown Murders were just an horrific series of acts. I've heard good things about this movie, considering the material, but I don't think I'll ever watch it.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 09:56:14 AM

I'll watch it, at some stage.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 12:12:35 PM

I usually have a pretty strong stomach but reading through that Wikipedia article was just too much.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 01:11:27 AM

I don't think it's going to be nice, but having seen it in the news as it was happening, and some docos, I'm interested to watch it...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Snowtown  
Jump to: