Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:50:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Hangover 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hangover 2  (Read 2040 times)
K9
Terracotta Army

on: February 25, 2011, 01:35:47 AM

Teaser Trailer

I thought The Hangover was a great film, it was smart and well produced and had a nicely contained plot. However, I am not so sure how they re-hash the concept without it seeming too samey. I guess we'll see.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 12:00:18 PM

Yeaaah, I loved the first one, but I highly doubt this is going to be anything than a crappy money grab.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 03:47:37 PM

Come on, crappy money grab is most of Hollywood.

They really should have let this one lie. But now it's destined for trilogy status.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 12:45:23 PM

How can the same shit happen to the same guy twice?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 09:45:55 PM

If it gets Charlie Machine Sheen, I'll watch it.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 03:47:51 PM

Apparently the word 'carbon-copy' doesn't quite cover how much of a repeat this film is of the first. I haven't seen it; but since the first was all about the reveal, I don't have a good feeling about this one.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 05:28:40 PM

It's got a lower Critic rating than Pirates on RT.  The reviewers are saying exactly what you just did, same premise, same jokes, same delivery.

Kung-Fu Panda 2 looks like the better movie to watch this weekend.  Apparently the critics believe that rather than watching a repeat of a movie, you should go watch Jack Black yell crazy things, make fat jokes and be goofy.  Because that's original.

awesome, for real

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 05:34:17 PM

Don't diss the panda.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 11:50:35 PM

How can the same shit happen to the same guy twice?

In the trailer they have a similar line "it happened again!"

I always find it funny when the fictional characters in a story call out how ridiculous the premise is. It's like the author knows it's a retread or makes little sense and instead of sweeping it under the rug they attempt to address it. Like at the end of Stephen King's It where one of the characters remarks how the plot has turned into a soap opera.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 12:00:35 AM

http://hangalanternonit.blogspot.com/2009/10/hang-lantern-on-it-origin-story.html

Just hang a lantern on it and it's all good... (Stargate SG-1 episode 200 tells you everything you need to know about movie making.)

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 09:44:44 AM

The sad thing of this is that they could have created a sequel of them all getting together again (for something other than a wedding) and could have made a hilarious comedy out of it with all 3 of their personalities.  But that would have required actual effort instead of the free money they ended up striving for.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 07:40:21 AM

I saw it on Friday. The first one was funnier, but this one had its moments. A lot darker than the first, with some odd plot holes, but worth it. Full disclosure: I saw it with coworkers while attending a conference in Charlotte, so my employer paid for the tickets. YMMV if you have to pay.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 08:46:32 AM

Saw it over the weekend with a friend as well.  First one was better, but I still laughed my way through this one.  To make up for the lack of charm and uniqueness the first one had, they upped the raunchiness factor by about 10.  This movie was surprisingly very very R.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 06:01:02 PM

Saw it over the weekend with a friend as well.  First one was better, but I still laughed my way through this one.  To make up for the lack of charm and uniqueness the first one had, they upped the raunchiness factor by about 10.  This movie was surprisingly very very R.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Hangover 2  
Jump to: