Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:47:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: More Dave day 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: More Dave day 3  (Read 3162 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: May 28, 2011, 05:50:11 PM

Gruntle and I just played our game for day 3 and it seems that I must have brutally murdered the family of the Cyanide RNG programmer in a previous life. Pretty much everything I tried to do failed. I couldn't knock down the Snottles and when I did they bounced, the only Snottle casualty was self inflicted from a failed GfI. The weather was bright sunshine throughout the whole match which made the already erratic Snotling passing game even more unreliable and I kept failing dodges and GfIs at inopportune moments. By contrast, Gruntle was having a grand old time throwing my guys around the pitch. By the end of the match I had 6 injured players and 4 more in the KO bin.

2-0 to Gruntle.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 06:13:23 PM

IainC and I played our day 3 match. Snottles beat da Skabby Skrappers 2-0.
It was a classic all snotling game; a lot of wacky stuff happened with no rhyme or reason to it at all.

According to BB Manager I had the lead in defenders down rolled (the only effective roll) with over half again more (and neither of us had the predicted 1/6th) so basically it was all praise to Nuffle.

We both leveled a player (IainC's may miss next game). Mine is getting block!
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 12:41:25 AM

Mine is getting block!

Only on a double.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 12:50:07 AM

Mine is getting block!
Only on a double.

My apologies. I meant to write, "He got a double! (and chose the block skill)"
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 04:29:43 AM

Curses. Well, thankfully I already played you!
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 07:20:56 PM

Wait, when did we roll to Day 3?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Strazos

Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 09:23:57 PM

So Haemish and I just finished our Day 3 game. At this point, it's difficult to parse out specific details...

Haemish received first first half and eventually formed a partial cage. The first half was fairly comptetive, but I was finally able to wear him down, pop the ball out, and drag it in on turn 8.

After the half...things changed. Haemish started the second half at a significant disadvantage in snotpower, and from there...things just went downhill. In the process of scoring another 2 TDs in the second half, I managed to nearly clear Haemish's team clear off the pitch.

3-0 victory to The Little Snots. Final stats showed I think 20 armor breaks for 10 KOs and 10 CAS (+1 self-inflicted by Haemish). It was...rough, and I apologize for my crazed snots.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 09:24:40 PM

Little Snotlings 3 - Pile of Snotlings 0

Holy shit. I can't say much about this game other than the dice DESTROYED me. Strazos got 33 knock down rolls to my 8. He inflicted 20 armor breaks on me, 9 casualties including 1 death, and on the final turn, I had ONE FUCKING GUY on the pitch to his 11. Holy fucking shit.

Strazos

Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 10:42:10 PM

If it's any consolation, I just saw that I somehow took Diving CATCH on one of my snots, as if that's going to see a lot of use.

Fear the Backstab!
Strazos

Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 12:35:24 PM

Bumping this thread, in case folks forgot about their games or something - I need more Snot Carnage!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Fear the Backstab!
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 08:48:10 PM

Mathematichy 1-0 over Out, Damned Snot!

Lots of beating in the first half including some intentionally-chosen both down roulette but my carrier managed to hang on to the ball for dear life and run it in on turn 8. I outbashed Ingmar a bit but also had a smaller roster (no idea how his TV is less than mine given that I also have no apoth) so I was only up one player in the second half. Ingmar came very close to tying it up in the second half after securing a numbers advantage but I improbably managed to knock down his ball carrier several times and the game ended after a crowd throw-in made scoring much less likely.

Ingmar got -1AV and a niggling injury but also a +ST. I received one MNG and also have three new diving tacklers.

Replay is uploaded but I marked it as day 4. Apparently more than one league is too much for me to handle.
Strazos

Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 12:18:58 PM

Any word on ICE v Proudft ?

Fear the Backstab!
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 12:26:48 PM

Are we the last ones?  Whoops!  He was out of town this weekend and I promptly forgot to re-nag him this week, sorry. 

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 12:33:02 PM

My usual Wednesday night sporting event has been cancelled this week, so if you are around later hopefully we can get the game played (since I'm busy tomorrow evening.)

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 12:52:13 PM

I can start after 9 pm tonight, hopefully that's not too late.  awesome, for real
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 10:19:31 PM

Another snotling game, another tie.  And all my snotlings are still level 1.  swamp poop
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 10:37:42 PM

You were so close, too. A failed dodge in the final turn preserves the tie.

My team managed a single knockdown in the first 5 turns, despite throwing blocks everywhere. Combined with the blizzard this made the game feel verrrry slow indeed. Things got a bit better after that, and an overcommitment to a blitz to start the second half allowed me to grab my only TD.

Statswise, I had a 22% block success rate, despite an average of 2.31 dice per block (compare to 43% and 2.11 for proudft.) I rolled 12% defender downs, and proudft rolled 22%, including a 1d blitz on my ball carrier after a GFI in the snow.

On the other hand I dodged like crazy, and proudft's snotlings managed to fail dodges at all sorts of terrible moments -- though not to be outdone by my Block snotling, who after finally waking up from a first half KO on turn 13 managed to fail a dodge on the way to a 3d ball carrier blitz.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: More Dave day 3  
Jump to: