Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:56:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#4 - Game Day #1  (Read 29656 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #140 on: May 14, 2011, 05:21:44 AM

The part that sucks is that the game HAS to be played today, or... what? Who's gonna take the loss? I got no word from any couch about availability or unavailability yet.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #141 on: May 14, 2011, 06:05:06 AM

Coin toss!

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #142 on: May 14, 2011, 08:31:39 AM

We should be doing it this morning now that Celar is back in town.  When ever he messages me, we can probably start it.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: May 14, 2011, 09:54:30 AM

Yeah we both spent some time out of town, so I don't know who you would blame!  But not to worry, we should have something going shortly...
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: May 14, 2011, 12:34:41 PM

awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

Game over:  Hippies 2, Elvers 1.  Replay uploaded.

.....Just watch the replay.  Nuffle enjoyed kicking us both in the balls the ENTIRE game.  Comedy all around for two elven teams.  Came complete with my annual dead elf in the first game as well (though it was a loner, which is why I let him die).

Oh, and thats it for Game Day 1.  Everybody can start Day 2 as soon as Falc validates the match.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 12:57:46 PM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: May 14, 2011, 01:08:51 PM

Final game of the day was won by the Hippies, 2-1 over the Elvers.  In a word, ridiculous.  I spent most of the first half distracted by wives and in-laws and searching for printer paper and then printer toner (both of which were causing dialogs to surface and minimize my game).  And phone calls and chats from other friends and family.  Excuses excuses! Ohhhhh, I see.

I took the Chef and stole all the Hippie rerolls in the first half (save a leader).  The Hippies very first block was a double-skull into a double-both down, which set the tone for the game.  This did not slow them down any, as they managed a quick 2-turn score and got a fresh reroll on the kickoff event.  My guys farted around, mostly doing nothing and leaving the ball carrier out in the open, waiting for the Hippies to kill themselves (one loner obliged on a failed dodge!)  The ball was popped out to a lineman only one reroll-less GFI from the end zone.  Of course, this failed, and the ball bounced out of the end zone and was deposited at the feet of my thrower.  I failed a block, leaving myself open to attack, but a 5 AGI elf failed his dodge and saved me.  This left me one GFI from the end zone, which of course I failed and failed again on the reroll.  The Hippies scooped up the ball in Turn 8 and had to choose between a desperation pass and just holding the ball in the end zone and hoping I failed my rolls.  Fate was tempted and answered with an Interception, which I promptly ran in for a TD.  The ensuing halftime kickoff had all 4 of my KOed guys wake up.  That is the kind of luck the Hippies were dealing with all game!

I gave up a defensive TD early in the second half due to a revenge Interception.  I had a much tighter march down the field on my second possession, keeping the ball caged tightly and shifting around the field, benefiting greatly from some failed Leaps and Dodges.  At turn 14, I attempted to hand off to a player 2 GFIs from a TD, but had to waste my reroll on the handoff.  I decided to play it "safe" and stop short, and was promptly beat down on the goal line.  The ball flitted back and forth (at one point my ball carrier failed a GFI and the UI didn't leave me time to reroll), and was eventually scattered to midfield on Turn 16... in range of my thrower.  The LP was an inaccurate lob that bounced into a crowd at the goal line, there were rolls for FOUR ELVERS and one Hippy as it bounced around, finally falling to the turf and ending the game.

It must have been very frustrating for Teleku, but luckily the bad luck ended up pounding us both.  I was 4/13 on catches, 4/7 on GFI.  He was 15/23 on dodges and 3/6 on Take Root (his tree was a non-factor), in addition to the earlier antics.  My Passer and Blitzer gained a skill, so things are looking up!
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: May 14, 2011, 08:18:19 PM

Oh yes, and my MVP went to my 1 surviving loner elf, who was also badly injured during the game.   Ohhhhh, I see.

-Stephen Colbert
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #147 on: May 15, 2011, 03:45:47 AM

Game Day #2 starting in a few hours. Just wake up, elaborating stats and shit in a short while. Thanks everyone for a great, smooth Day #1.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #148 on: May 15, 2011, 04:40:18 AM

Happy to play you in 2 hours Falc  awesome, for real
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #1  
Jump to: