Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:22:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: 10 man content 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 10 man content  (Read 6292 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

on: June 07, 2011, 12:06:39 PM

Draegan (and anyone else that may know),

I'm wondering what content exists for 10 man groups?  Is there a Greenscale or RoS for 10 man or are there only 20 man versions?  How does the loot differ?  Are 10 mans limited to Rifts only?  

I've done all of the 5 man content to death, but my guild is too small to attempt anything 20 man.  What now?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 01:59:37 PM

Gilded Prophecy in Shimmersand. buy a 25k planarite item (quantum view iirc) and you can find the entrance in Shimmer (not at home so tough to describe, it's not too far from the entrance from Droughtlands though). Made to be on par with GS/ROS but for 10 people. Loot is on par and almost identical in some cases

Quote from Daglar regarding difficulty:

Just wanted to pop in and say one thing.

Ten player instanced (Sliver) content is not currently intended to be easier than twenty player content or a stepping stone to twenty player content. They are seperate advancement paths.

~Daglar

Besides that, there are raid rifts
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 03:25:23 PM

So that's it?  No 10 man instanced dungeons? 

Lame.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 03:28:33 PM

Gilded Prophecy is an instanced raid dungeon. Isn't that what you're looking for? it's 4 bosses of raid level difficulty. If you mean t2 equal balanced for 10 man then no, but 10 man raid content that is a Greenscale or RoS is exactly what GP is.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 03:30:17 PM

The sliver is a 10man instanced dungeon, it's just designed to look like an 'alternate reality within shimmersand'.  It's every bit of a raid as GSB or ROS, and imo it's substantially harder, even with a group where most people have 3+ raid drops already.

Lots of raid aoe on all bosses, and the first 2 require 2 tanks.  The 2nd boss is...entertaining.

And only 1 person needs the omen's sight ability, not the entire group.  That one person zones the rest in like any other dungeon.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 03:31:07 PM

I think that I've done GP.  It was an instanced outdoor zone that was like Shimmer with some crazy bosses in it.  

I was hoping for something more interesting... and more variety.  20 man content makes me stabby.  

-  Mark Twain
Nerf
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 03:33:08 PM

I think that I've done GP.  It was an instanced outdoor zone that was like Shimmer with some crazy bosses in it.  

I was hoping for something more interesting... and more variety.  20 man content makes me stabby.  

Yep, that's it, how far did ya'll get?  We haven't quite figured out the last boss yet, but our last run thru was a lot smoother than the first, we even 1-shot the 2nd boss somehow.  Still trying to figure that one out.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 03:39:08 PM

Yep, that's it, how far did ya'll get?  We haven't quite figured out the last boss yet, but our last run thru was a lot smoother than the first, we even 1-shot the 2nd boss somehow.  Still trying to figure that one out.

Not far.  Mostly I've been watching vids of the fights with the hope of finding a run or just doing it ourselves since we have 10 now (I think).

-  Mark Twain
Nerf
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 04:46:29 PM

Pfft, I'm pretty sure I've invited you to the 10man a couple times and you never wanted to come :(
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 06:14:39 PM

That 10 man is pretty difficult.  There will be more in the future.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 05:20:10 AM

Pfft, I'm pretty sure I've invited you to the 10man a couple times and you never wanted to come :(

No offense Nerf, but the people you play with, while very good players, are exceedingly judgmental.  I don't need to be scrutinized after a long day at work. 

-  Mark Twain
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 06:35:09 AM

No offense Nerf, but the people you play with, while very good players, are exceedingly judgmental.  I don't need to be scrutinized after a long day at work. 

My guild in WoW was fairly balanced with this until Cata released.  Then they broke for some reason and I left the game.  I'm sensitive to this way more than when I was younger.  I just don't have time for it.
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 03:54:23 PM

Sadly I rather think the game design forces it upon us. It is turning into a disappoiinting raid experience. My first raiding guild which I ran collapsed as too many players felt, like Nebu, they didn't want to endure the raid experience. We took several of the core to merge into a very progressed raid guild but that collapsed too because of lack of interest.

It was bizarre. We were killing stuff, the content is fun and interesting, we had no drama but one day we're killing Greenscale and some dps warrior walks out with an orange sword next day not enough people bother to come.

My theory is that the game is too fast paced. You rush up to 50 changing items every hour. Then you zerg the experts upgrading every day. Then you hit this wall of wiping and blaming and think it's not worth it just for an upgrade because upgrades are so cheap. It doesn't help that they have had 3 content patches already. What's the point wiping all night for a shiny that will be obsolete in 3 weeks?
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 05:54:45 PM

My theory is that a lot of people do not actually like diku all that much but always have had other things to blame rather than the game (devs, op classes, nerfs, etc), i have seen the mass quittings from lack of interest happen to three guilds already and one thing that has stuck with me the most is the almost complete lack of "See you in the next game"s that usually show up in long term guild quitting posts.  There is simply a lot of people who finally realized they don't like this type of game and it was only made clear when they finally played a game with not a whole lot to point your finger at and go "this is what's wrong, fix this".

I am the .00000001428%
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 07:18:16 AM

There is simply a lot of people who finally realized they don't like this type of game and it was only made clear when they finally played a game with not a whole lot to point your finger at and go "this is what's wrong, fix this".
Yep, I think this is exactly what happened to me. I'd been feeling that way for a while but Rift finally made me realize it.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: 10 man content  
Jump to: