Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:40:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: The *Season #4* thread. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *Season #4* thread.  (Read 29110 times)
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: April 18, 2011, 04:40:30 AM

Make it 36 people, that's it. #36 decides by the end of the day or it's a dummy team.

Funnel extras over to More Eddie Season 2.

Unsure about structure. I'm assuming that 36 would work since it's divisible by 4.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #106 on: April 18, 2011, 05:22:34 AM

God, I really shouldn't. Because I will be terrible. Can I have a week of practice before I decide? :P

The worst that can happen is that you play a few games of Bloodbowl against folks from F13 and maybe decide you don't like it after all. There were plenty of people in the last league who had never played before and most of them had fun.

Actually I guess the absolute worst that can happen is that your fragile psyche snaps from the crushing humiliation of seeing your only rank 2 player murdered by a cheeky 1 dice block from a Skink and you go on an amphetamine-fuelled rampage of blood and shotgun shells that ends up with you firing indiscriminately into a crowd while taking alternate swigs from a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 and a family-sized container of nail polish remover. That would be pretty bad I'd imagine.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: April 18, 2011, 05:36:14 AM

Can we just now make it 36 players? Open today, and then give the 36th the nest week and a bit to decide?

Because we don't have to have it closed and ready to go by tomorrow so Eldaec can sign up. We just have to have it open, right?

So fix on 36. Open signups. Everyone can get in and if it turns out we're still one short we can spend the next week harassing that person, get them in in time and be ready to go in may?

Or am I misunderstanding the process?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #108 on: April 18, 2011, 05:54:43 AM

36 it is.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #109 on: April 18, 2011, 07:24:54 AM

the crushing humiliation of seeing your only rank 2 player murdered by a cheeky 1 dice block from a Skink
Or worse...from a failed GFI! That's how I lost my single player to injury last season, iirc. Broke his ankle on a GFI.

Someone needs to get Hartsman to ban Falcon from Rift  why so serious?
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #110 on: April 18, 2011, 08:24:02 AM

Actually I guess the absolute worst that can happen is that your fragile psyche snaps from the crushing humiliation of seeing your only rank 2 player murdered by a cheeky 1 dice block from a Skink and you go on an amphetamine-fuelled rampage of blood and shotgun shells that ends up with you firing indiscriminately into a crowd while taking alternate swigs from a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 and a family-sized container of nail polish remover. That would be pretty bad I'd imagine.

And Ingmar would be RIGHT THERE to take the brunt of it!  ACK!

Gawd, if I play, I have to think of a team name and everything. So stressful. :(
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:29:01 AM by Sjofn »

God Save the Horn Players
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #111 on: April 18, 2011, 08:29:04 AM

God, I really shouldn't. Because I will be terrible. Can I have a week of practice before I decide? :P

Trust, me I've been playing for a week now, the game is no complicated. If you start a beginner campaign with humans, you will get the subtle parts of the game really fast.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #112 on: April 18, 2011, 08:33:48 AM

The things I need more practice on are placement, order to do shit in, and thinking faster. Easy, rite?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #113 on: April 18, 2011, 09:10:01 AM

Sucking is no excuse. I didn't score a touchdown until my 5th game I think and didn't win until my last game of the season. Sucking is part of the Blood Bowl fun. *YMMV*

Kalle
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: April 18, 2011, 09:40:46 AM

I'm sorry to say that I'll have to withdraw my application. I have other commitments that are eating up my time and I've come to the conclusion that I just can't do another blood bowl league as well. Maybe I'll come back for season five. Hope this doesn't cause any problems
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: April 18, 2011, 10:13:46 AM

So basically we have 32 for sure, 33 with Helm... 34 with Kail (who was unsure, so we could write him off. BUT, if we incllude him.... he could bail) and 35 with Sjofn. Terrible numbers.

And I have to create a League structure within a few hours so Eldaec can join before he leaves.

Damn.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #116 on: April 18, 2011, 11:56:22 AM

Just kick out the last man to sign up, or the worst team overall.

Or kick out the ringer who won last year. He got his already!  awesome, for real

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #117 on: April 18, 2011, 12:03:29 PM

Just kick out the last man to sign up, or the worst team overall.

Why you hating on my elves?  why so serious?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: April 18, 2011, 12:12:18 PM

Last man to sign up is Helm. That would suck, though.  swamp poop

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: April 18, 2011, 01:52:40 PM

Or kick out the ringer who won last year. He got his already!  awesome, for real
why so serious?

My own feelings aside, I think that f13 members should get preference over outsiders, especially those who don't really participate in the site.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: April 18, 2011, 02:27:59 PM

And to add to that, as far as I'm concerned, Helm signed up with his mysterious "chaos will reign" post during S3. So he was first not last.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: April 18, 2011, 02:39:12 PM

In other news, Falconeer check your pms, also any format that doesn't include Sjofn is wrong.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #122 on: April 18, 2011, 03:42:43 PM

Just tell me where to sign up and when, please.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #123 on: April 18, 2011, 04:00:04 PM

In other news, Falconeer check your pms, also any format that doesn't include Sjofn is wrong.

Aw, you're a peach. Who knew people wanted to faceroll to victory against me so bad?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #124 on: April 18, 2011, 04:22:52 PM

Ok, I'm in if you still need another guy.  Let me know.  I didn't want to be the one asswipe who sucked balls and that people yelled at for being a newb. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 04:25:19 PM by dusematic »
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #125 on: April 18, 2011, 05:09:00 PM

If anything, people love newbs because they look like easy points.

Just being honest. But perhaps more to the truth, it means more people playing, which is always good. Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #126 on: April 19, 2011, 08:48:11 AM

As much of a bag of douche f13ers are on the boards, we tend to be pretty fun to game with. Very few of us would yell at someone for being a n00b. Those in the BB league have been apt to give you advice than call you a n00b.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: April 19, 2011, 08:53:27 AM

I yell at myself for being a newb. Hell, my only injury last season was because I mis-clicked an apothecary roll.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: April 19, 2011, 09:23:00 AM

I'm going to be totally easy points.  I just lost 3 of my best Skaven to Ogres, for fucks sake.

Ogres.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #129 on: April 19, 2011, 06:07:00 PM

As much of a bag of douche f13ers are on the boards, we tend to be pretty fun to game with. Very few of us would yell at someone for being a n00b. Those in the BB league have been apt to give you advice than call you a n00b.

Pretty much this.

It's always better to play people in f13 because everyone who's played in earlier season's would give you tips after if not during.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: April 19, 2011, 06:20:32 PM

I'm going to be totally easy points.  I just lost 3 of my best Skaven to Ogres, for fucks sake.

Ogres.
You let tehm OGRES BLOCK AGAINST YOUR RATS ?  ACK!

awesome, for real

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: April 19, 2011, 08:11:25 PM

So basically we have 32 for sure, 33 with Helm... 34 with Kail (who was unsure, so we could write him off. BUT, if we incllude him.... he could bail) and 35 with Sjofn.

I'm still here if you need me to fill a hole to make the league work, but I'd rather not take a slot away from a real player.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: The *Season #4* thread.  
Jump to: