Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:20:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Haunting (of a Majora's Mask cartridge) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Haunting (of a Majora's Mask cartridge)  (Read 2049 times)
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

on: September 12, 2010, 01:59:46 PM

http://inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com/2010/09/majora.html

It's going to be awhile until I can play this in the dark again.  That game is fucked up enough to begin with.  Its always had that undercurrent of pure WEIRDNESS that no other Zelda game has, and that few horror games can get right. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 05:32:19 PM

Completely fake, but still well done.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 10:44:08 PM

I read like the first ten paragraphs, then saw there were another thirty-four. So I stopped reading. Also, I never played Majora's mask, so it's all pretty meaningless.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 12:13:57 AM

They need to make a video game with that same undercurrent idea, have a game with lovable characters that's completely normal, then send it off to a weird scary place. Some of those moments are classic. If the whole article is tl;dr just watch the youtube videos at the bottom, which are videos of the game being "played".
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 12:32:22 AM

Huge read. I slogged through it all, but really you only need to read to the point where he starts playing, then the last couple paragraphs. Then watch the videos. THEN NEVER SLEEP AGAIN.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 03:42:08 AM

I read like the first ten paragraphs, then saw there were another thirty-four. So I stopped reading. Also, I never played Majora's mask, so it's all pretty meaningless.

Same. Past the first yottabyte I just started skimming for instances of "I was in mortal terror but did not just get up from my Nintendo 64 because... uh... anyway!" Then I skipped randomly through a couple youtube videos of Zelda gameplay going "So I guess it's not supposed to look that way? And that's scary right?"

Hey guys, I put a copy of Super Mario in the Nintendo and the music turned into backwards death metal. Then Mario looked at me with baleful dead eyes and said "Fuck your life!" as maggots flew out of his mouth. (I think they were maggots, it's hard to tell.) I spammed the reset button for two or three minutes hoping it was torture to him, then plugged him into Game Genie and put in LOLPOOP for all the codes. When it came back up he was still trying to scare me, but he in the little boot now so the effect was sort of ruined. Anyway, he's for sale on ebay.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 06:28:40 AM

Whoever made the you tube vids should have used a software rendering plugin for their n64 emulator. Kinda hard to buy the whole "haunted cartridge" thing what with the videos being all nice and antialiased with better texture filtering.

Whoever did the rom hack was pretty good though.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 08:31:09 AM

My children stumbled upon that this weekend, and watched most of those videos.  They were suitably frightened by them.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 09:49:48 AM

My children stumbled upon that this weekend, and watched most of those videos.  They were suitably frightened by them.

What an awesome deterrent to video games. Just find some way to attach the name "BEN" to every video game.
Pagz
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 06:09:53 PM

cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 09:22:33 AM

They need to make a video game with that same undercurrent idea, have a game with lovable characters that's completely normal, then send it off to a weird scary place.

http://zarat.us/tra/offline-games/eversion.html
Pagz
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 11:48:36 PM

Naw turns out this was turning into an ARG but fell apart.

I feel slightly dissapointed.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Haunting (of a Majora's Mask cartridge)  
Jump to: