Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:53:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: The Storm Palace 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Storm Palace  (Read 2174 times)
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

on: January 22, 2005, 03:16:21 AM

Don't you love finding a "sweet spot" in a MMOG that's completely unutilized by anyone else?

This place is deep in the Shadow Shard and has a very high level limit to get in.  I tried to get in a while ago and found out that I was too low, pretty much forgot about it.  Now that I'm 49, I've been trying to think of the quickest ways to get some experience.  I figured I'd chain some missions in the Shard.  That was quick, but it got boring and I decided I'd go try to explore this place.

Well, I'm a martial arts/super reflexes scrapper.  I get into this place and there are tons and tons of camps of wisps which, as you may or may not know, are weak to smashing damage.  Because they deal psionic damage, they're unpopular.  Super reflexes, however, dodges psionic damage just like anything else.  I can only imagine how much damage a Dark Armor scrapper could do in this place.  I'm taking on +3 bosses and getting 19,000 experience a pop.  This place is awesome.  And the best part is that I'm not competing for camps at all.  I'm alone in this zone.

So if you're in your high 40s, don't have a particular fear of psionics, and want to try something new, check this place out.  Go to the Shadow Shard, Cascade Archipeligo, to the Chantry, and you'll see the waypoint for it.  Getting there is tricky by itself, gives you a sense of satisfaction just from making it.  The rewards are worth it, in my opinion.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 08:35:29 AM

Since you mention that you use SR...

Did they ever really fix that skillset?

I Just remember everyone bitching about how it kinda paled in comparison to every other secondary skillset for scrappers.

I didn't care, because my DM/SR scrapper was still a beast.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Llava
Contributor

Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 01:12:55 PM

They changed Elude, the level 38 skill, to be useful instead of a crappy version of Phase Shift.  It's not a toggle anymore.  You pop it and it vastly increases your defense for a couple minutes, then drains all your endurance when it wears off.  If you spec for it, you can make it recycle before it wears off.  The endurance drain still hits, but your defense is always huge.

Huge enough, for example, to tank archvillains and monsters and have them at the accuracy floor.

So yes, it's a good skillset.  Better, I would say, than it ought to be- given the right spec.  They ought to fix Elude so that it can't be made permanent.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 02:30:25 PM

Hmmm....I imagine the DM powers of Siphon Power (I forget the actual name) -> Drain Endurance (also forget the name) would complement the Elude situation nicely.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Llava
Contributor

Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 08:00:20 PM

Dark Consumption for the endurance drain, and Siphon Life for the life tap.  Yup, DM/SR is a good combo.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 11:32:01 PM

Would really reccomend Flight as your travel pool for getting around in there.  It makes travel SOOOOOOOOO much easier.  I have never run about in the place with any other movement pool, but I can just imagine the frustration getting around without flight.

And that zone is just AWESOME visually too.  The bombardment of the Palace is just something everyone should see at least once in their career in paragon city.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #6 on: January 23, 2005, 03:49:04 PM

I get around with super jump, and it's not so bad.  Super speed would be a pain.  Teleportation shouldn't be bad at all.

Got 50 last night, now I'm playing with my Warshade.  Only level 5, and it's a bit underwhelming so far, but apparently I can do some respectable damage in my Nova form so I'm looking forward to that.  As it is, there's not really much I can contribute to a team- can't tank, no support, deal little damage.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: The Storm Palace  
Jump to: