Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:09:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: I don't understand the EVE economy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I don't understand the EVE economy  (Read 13104 times)
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: June 23, 2010, 07:52:56 AM

Yeah that makes the gold standard look positively inflationary.  On average, nobody could ever get wealthier than they did on day one.  In a zero sum game like that, newcomers would be condemned to poverty while wealth would inexorably accumulate in a few hands.  Even worse, when those individuals who have gathered substantial amounts of wealth then unsubbed, the currency available in the game would actually fall, while the only hope for recovery would be if a lot of newbies started, lost all their money and gave up in despair.

Fortunately, we could just all start trial acocunts, give the starting wealth to our mains, then delete them to start again the next day.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: June 23, 2010, 04:37:17 PM

On average, nobody could ever get wealthier than they did on day one.  In a zero sum game like that, newcomers would be condemned to poverty while wealth would inexorably accumulate in a few hands.

Just like real corporations  awesome, for real

Its wouldn't really work for eve I admit since any isk you carry in a ship would be blown up and theres a chance it would disappear forever with the aggressor unable to pick it up and it not entering circulation again. Still they could always get a loan.
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: June 23, 2010, 11:41:31 PM

People would just use something else as currency (like Stones of Jordan in Diablo 2).
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: June 24, 2010, 09:49:45 AM

I once made about ten billion suicide ganking, then blew it all on T2 ships, Slave implants and cheap wimmin.

You forgot ale to go with your whores.

Indeed, but after losing the first set of Slaves I felt I needed to cut back on the intake.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: June 24, 2010, 11:34:07 AM

In-game currency as an item would work better if no new currency was constantly being added. For example every new player has a certain amount of currency that comes with them and they can only get more currency from other players starting currency.
that is retarded.

I dunno, it could work right after CCP introduce that Fractional Reserve Banking expansion you hear so much about.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 25, 2010, 08:51:00 AM

Eve needs one thing in that case

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: I don't understand the EVE economy  
Jump to: