Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:36:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: EA opening Bioware studio in Ireland 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EA opening Bioware studio in Ireland  (Read 1401 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

on: May 27, 2010, 05:57:26 PM

EA Games operations centre to create 200 jobs

By Stephen Rogers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

US computer games giant EA Games is to open a new customer service and operations centre in Galway with the creation of 200 jobs.

The company, Electronic Arts, says it wants the centre for its "BioWare" studio. It is looking for a site in Galway city and has begun the process to recruit staff.

EA Games says the facility, which it says will be up and running by 2011, will provide BioWare with greater proximity to European players.

"Galway gives us the right mix of solid technology infrastructure and international recruitment opportunities as we continue to focus on bringing the highest quality gaming experiences to market," said Dr Ray Muzyka, senior vice-president of EA and group manager of BioWare. "The new Irish location for BioWare will help us get closer to our fans in Europe."

Welcoming the announcement, Taoiseach Brian Cowen said: "EA is the global leader in interactive entertainment and a very important addition to the thriving games industry in Ireland.

"To get them here, into Galway, with prospects for growth being quite good, is excellent," he said.

IDA chief Barry O’Leary said: "EA joins a vibrant digital media sector and is a key endorsement of the skills and expertise available here for this sector."

Applications for jobs in the facility are already being accepted. Those interested should visit www.bioware.com/bioware_info/jobs

Founded in 1982, EA develops, publishes and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the internet.

It is based in Redwood, California, and has operations in Sweden, Germany, Romania and Spain.

This year the company posted net revenue of $3.7 billion (€3bn) and had 27 titles that sold more than one million units.

This story appeared in the printed version of the Irish Examiner Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hic sunt dracones.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 06:14:08 PM

My sister in law and her husband split their time between Raleigh, NC and Galway.  I'll have to tell them to be on the lookout for a bunch of nerds soon.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 06:20:48 PM

Gobsmacked!

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 06:21:30 PM

I know a whole bunch of people who have been polishing CVs for the last couple of days as a result of this.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 10:30:50 PM

Almost certainly ramp-up for the Euro SWTOR servers and CS center.

But you probably all knew that.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 07:33:03 AM

I know a whole bunch of people who have been polishing CVs for the last couple of days as a result of this.
Love Letters
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 05:03:25 PM

Almost certainly ramp-up for the Euro SWTOR servers and CS center.

But you probably all knew that.

Took all of a second to work that one out :)

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 10:21:41 AM

Ahh, but are you BioWare doing something similar for Asia, home of half that WoW population figure people like to throw about?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: EA opening Bioware studio in Ireland  
Jump to: