Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:09:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Theory fitting - ideas? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Theory fitting - ideas?  (Read 2982 times)
squirrel
Contributor

on: June 04, 2010, 07:22:14 PM

So with a new enthusiasm for EVE I am thinking about low cost/useful shit to fly. In the past as Caldari I usually fly Tackle Drakes or BBirds. I can now fly Falcons/Rooks/Cov-Ops/SB's and am training cyno but for day to day fleet/pick up action they're a bit expensive. My Drake fit is awesome and works when appropriate, and I won't fly Caldari BS in fleet so I'm thinking about disposable BBird fits when the Drake is not a good idea. (I really enjoy the EW game - it's not a sacrifice).

The two BBird fits I have come up with - I have Caldari Cruiser V and EW IV (in queue to V)

Blackbird, Live a bit fit

Damage Control I
Compulsive Signal Distortion Amplifier I

Halting Phase Inversion ECM I
'Shade' I White Noise ECM
Large Shield Extender II
Invulnerability Field II

Heavy Missile Launcher II, Widowmaker Fury Heavy Missile
[empty high slot] ?? WHAT TO PUT HERE?

Medium Ionic Field Projector I
Medium Core Defence Field Extender I
Medium Core Defence Field Extender I

Shields: 5579 (EHP 16314)
Jam Range: 114km
Targetting range: 110km
DPS/Volley: 78/749

Obviously not a Damage Dealer, but has some ability to throw missiles at tackle/support ships.

--OR--

Blackbird, Paper BBird

CZ-4 Concussive Spatial Destabilizer ECM
Compulsive Ion Field ECM I

[empty high slot] ?? WHAT TO PUT HERE?

Shields: 5579 (EHP 4625)
Jam Range: 125km
Targetting range: 149km
DPS/Volley: 78/749

The big difference is obviously way crappier shields but increased range and ability to engage 6 targets ECM vs. 4.

My ability to fit utility high slots is near non-existant or I'd have rep/useful shit there.

The thing is that in my 3 or 4 months in GS fleets when I always flew either BBirds or drakes, my experience was if the BBird got targeted it was all over. A little extra survivability didn't do much. Of course that was with <3 million SP and now I have 6.5+.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 07:30:59 PM by squirrel »

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 06:35:11 AM

BBs get smoked hard, if you can't jam the attackers. I say tanking it won't save you anyway, so might as well ECM em.

That's why I always liked the super tanked scorpion. Scorps get targetted primary a ton.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 09:45:14 AM

Is there anything that can get your jam range up even higher? Range is your other defence.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 10:53:45 AM

"Long Distance Jamming" (optimal range) and "Frequency Modulation" (falloff) skillbooks and Centurion implants.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 10:55:19 AM by Gets »
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 12:12:09 PM

Yeah I'm thinking there's no point in tanking a BB at all. They explode if someone looks at them funny anyway, so I think I'll fit it for EW and range and just blow em up

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 01:21:13 PM

A little honor tank to help you as your aligning out is good, but that's only to complement the fact that you are supposed to engage your jammers at range and run like the spacewind if you get locked-up. Be aware what's close to you. If the enemy is too close start warp, bookmark, warp back to the bookmark at your optimal.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 02:55:43 PM

A little honor tank to help you as your aligning out is good, but that's only to complement the fact that you are supposed to engage your jammers at range and run like the spacewind if you get locked-up. Be aware what's close to you. If the enemy is too close start warp, bookmark, warp back to the bookmark at your optimal.

Be aware if you warp back that if your warpin is in-line with a nearby bubble you will end up at the edge of that instead.  This will kill you.  I think that this means within 100km.  You need a warpin above, below or to the side of the bubbles as you look at the fight from your warpout (below is good because people tend to look at the fight from above and to the aside.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Theory fitting - ideas?  
Jump to: