Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:18:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Gamer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gamer  (Read 3263 times)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

on: July 20, 2009, 11:33:31 AM

Saw the trailer for this, looks interesting. People control death row inmates and make them fight to the death. Stars Gerard Butler and Michael C. Hall.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Trailer

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 02:51:39 PM

Now that the dancing thing has been done to death, this would be a great use for all of those prisoners in the Philippines.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 10:37:11 PM

New trailer has been playing on TV. Looks like they just updated The Running Man using VR/gaming schtick and  Michael C. Hall replacing Richard Dawson.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 04:46:50 PM

Pretty much, but now we have a nice Project N'tal tie-in  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

They've got a (rather boring) chatty sequence from the movie up at Apple trailers.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 08:27:43 AM

I sat through this thing. I felt like I deserved a wow achievment or something for making it to the end.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 02:43:02 PM

Any scene with the fat gamer is more horrifying than anything you could get Rob Zombie to produce. Let it not be said that if you are that bulbous you can still get into a major Hollywood film.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 05:10:07 PM

I can stand some shitty movies, but this one just sucked balls.  I have no desire to even see this again, and I've actually watched Battlefield Earth twice.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 05:52:49 PM

I can stand some shitty movies, but this one just sucked balls.  I have no desire to even see this again, and I've actually watched Battlefield Earth twice.

Seek help.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 11:28:33 AM

<-------------------

And even I didn't watch it twice.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 03:43:47 PM

This is Uwe Boll terrible.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 11:33:19 AM

This looked terrible as much as the movie where people were racing in prison for freedom or something.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 11:35:22 AM

This looked terrible as much as the movie where people were racing in prison for freedom or something.

What?  Death Race was like 1000000 times better then Gamer!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 07:19:02 PM

This movie is bad. It's a perfect example of Hollywood taking what could be an interesting idea and turning it into predictable, ugly shit. Cardboard cutout villain, paint-by-numbers action scenes and directors with so little confidence in their work that they feel the need to constantly move the camera to achieve some form of style. Shittiness is not a style, it's a choice.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Gamer  
Jump to: