Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:14:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Battleforge - Modern TCG (Yes) by EA (NOOOOOO) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Battleforge - Modern TCG (Yes) by EA (NOOOOOO)  (Read 67785 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: March 25, 2009, 11:28:29 AM

Aw crap.  Just when I was in the market for a MMO I come across this.  I'll download the demo tonight and give it a try.  I'm a huge RTS junkie.  I played Saga for awhile.  Hell... I still play it.

A common quote in chat is "... it's like Saga, only without the suck"

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: March 25, 2009, 12:33:22 PM

only did like 2 PvE scenarios but it's pretty cool.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: March 25, 2009, 12:42:58 PM

Aw crap.  Just when I was in the market for a MMO I come across this.  I'll download the demo tonight and give it a try.  I'm a huge RTS junkie.  I played Saga for awhile.  Hell... I still play it.

A common quote in chat is "... it's like Saga, only without the suck"

Oh ouch!  What's wrong with Saga?  I do think some of the scenarios are tough as hell, but not too bad overall.

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #143 on: April 06, 2009, 01:01:22 PM

Finally got around to trying this. Not what I wanted, even a little, at all. Mostly an RTS, not mostly a card game.   embarassed

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Trouble
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: April 06, 2009, 03:57:35 PM

Oh god oh god oh god. How did I miss ever reading this thread? I should have kept on missing it, I think I'm fucked if this is as good as everyone's saying it is.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: April 06, 2009, 05:52:38 PM

It's not.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #146 on: May 26, 2009, 06:35:13 AM

Battleforge is now free.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
schild
Administrator

Reply #147 on: May 26, 2009, 08:39:35 AM

As far as I know, it's always been "Free." When you made an account, you got a random starter deck of 8ish cards. Now it just looks like they give you all 4 starter decks when you make an account.

Edit:
The BattleForge Play4Free Client, which you can download here, offers you complete access to all areas and functionality of the game, including all content updates (new PvP maps, Renegade Campaign) made available since release.

Along with all functionality of the game, BattleForge Play4Free includes two decks consisting of 32 cards. You can play any scenario in the game, including the Renegade Campaign. With BattleForge Play4Free, you are also able to purchase Booster Pack and bid on cards in the Auction House.

However, you can only offer a card in the Auction House once you have reached level 4 in PvE and level 10 in PvP. Direct trades and sending in-game mail with attachments are also blocked until you reach this experience level.

Ok, not quite the same thing, and I wouldn't really call it free, but it's a good way to get people hooked.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 08:41:07 AM by schild »
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: May 28, 2009, 07:12:01 AM

Well this will get me playing again. I thought the demo was fun just not fun enough to spend money on. 
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #149 on: May 28, 2009, 07:43:09 AM

This seems good.
It's not that succesful yet, am I right? What's wrong with it?

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: May 28, 2009, 09:23:22 AM

This seems good.
It's not that succesful yet, am I right? What's wrong with it?

no guild UI, crappy chat UI, and no VOIP. 
They've designed many of the coop maps around this issue by making it so you dont really have to interact heavily with more than 4 people at a time, but there's only so far that'll take you.
The other issue is many people who play dont (or choose not to) speak English and since this is a global release that can get rather annoying.  They've added language specific channels recently, but I'm not sure how that's going.

Seems like the game is growing now though... servers are pretty full and they've had to add a 3rd one.  This Free2Play thing (which shouldve been active from day 1) should bring in a lot of new players.  But, since there's no real organized way to interact with them it kinda doesnt matter.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #151 on: November 19, 2009, 12:46:26 PM

This game isn't that bad, I can see the fun but I'm not much of a RTS gamer these days.  If you had a group of 4 to play it with just going through the single player might be pretty cool.  I need to turn up the graphics some though it feels really "soft" for some reason.

The CCG elements are pretty understated though which is too bad.  If there was a draw mechanism or more of a limit to how many units you could get out of a given card...

Also NECRO!?

Anyone want to work through the newb maps with me I think I might fool around with it for a week or two see if it grabs me.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #152 on: February 22, 2010, 05:32:13 AM

I just (re)started playing this. If anyone else is up for some multiplayer or mutually educational PvP then my character name is Requiel. The game has improved a lot since I played it just after release, also you can get cheap BFPs by buying the game on Ebay (typically <$10) and applying the licence code as a scratch card ingame. That gets you 3000 BFPs and 32 random additional cards (as opposed to $9.99 for 1000 BFPs from the official store). It also unlocks the full game if you are still on the Play4Free deal.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #153 on: February 22, 2010, 10:29:01 AM

You can look for me Ghambit and Tsalrioth on Steam and yell at us.  I don't have special cards though and those other two do.  It is sort of fun but the whole you can't let another person play a map unless every party member has unlocked it was annoying as balls since I had only done single player noob difficulty maps.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Battleforge - Modern TCG (Yes) by EA (NOOOOOO)  
Jump to: